Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
My hunch is that we will put troops on the ground in Ukraine and as a result Johnson will demand (and be given by the sycophants) emergency powers to stay on as PM

He can’t, he would need to go to the house and this would be voted out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
think fantasists are ignoring he's resigned as leader, there'll be a new one within 2 months and they'll be PM. there isnt a path for him to trick his way in to remaining in office. i dont understand why, after years of incompetence, anyone thinks he's capable of strategic manoeuvre.

While I agree with you on your broad point, I disagree on the last one. All he does is manoeuvre, and manoeuvre to secure his interest.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I would say it's impossible all the time the 22 want him out.

I don't think it's a remote possibility that he will be able to stay.
But I do think he will be trying to stay with every fibre of his being until he has finally gone.

He's gambling that the political landscape can shift significantly in the next 3 months.

This.

His first task was to stop the stream of resignations. He has achieved this.

The second task was to give himself time to regroup (as well as have his party at chequers). He has almost achieved this.

If he can stay until October, he will back himself to find a way to cling on. The papers this morning will give him infinite belief in his own popularity. I think he thinks he’ll be fighting for the majority of the Country as he begins his long fight to stay in position this morning. Hopefully he has next to no chance of achieving his evil aims.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
A few weeks ago, we went out to dinner with friends, one of whom is a lot closer to what goes on in Westminster than I am and he said that he thought this Government would resurrect the question of the Single Market as it was the only way out of the cul de sac they had steamed us into. I told him that it was complete bollox and nobody from the Conservative and Unionist Party would dream of it. If anyone, it would be the Lib Dems, as part of a coalition with Labour after the next election that would insist on it being raised.

I'm now wondering, after the last week, what the various 'potential' PMs will do to try and distance themselves from Johnson's complete clusterf*** of the last 2.5 years and try and put the brakes on the impending economic crisis.

And I'm certainly not taking any bets with him :wink:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
it would so much worse under Corbyn...thank god we voted Boris

It was the high spending and high taxes as well as the chaos of leadership that put me off Corbyn. He wanted to build 40 new hospitals or something! Thank goodness Boris got the job, we was all right that he would be a success although he told a few lies, the Cuntry does not know what it has lost now that he head left No.10.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
He can’t, he would need to go to the house and this would be voted out.

If you think there aren’t enough Tories who would be attracted by the idea of a proper war (with the by product of keeping them in power) you haven’t kept your eye on the ball over the last couple of years

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
think fantasists are ignoring he's resigned as leader, there'll be a new one within 2 months and they'll be PM. there isnt a path for him to trick his way in to remaining in office. i dont understand why, after years of incompetence, anyone thinks he's capable of strategic manoeuvre.

...once again it is the principle of the matter as well as the logic.
If, as has been well established by the phrasing of resignation letters, there is an issue for tory MPs over Johnson's integrity, then on what basis should such a person be enabled to carry on (albeit in reduced capacity) for weeks or possibly months? Surely that simply allows him to temporarily carry on trashing the reputation of the country still further!

.... and with nothing to lose!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

My point is that Johnson believes he can pull off a strategic manoeuvre and remain in place. That was crystal clear from his speech yesterday. He became PM after all with zero leadership skills and zero integrity.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

He'll resigned as a Leader when he's finally ousted from #10.

Everything about his MO, history and recent actions quite categorically show the one thing, the absolute one thing, depfeffel hasn't done is...

...resign.

Delay, lie, obfuscate anything but resigned.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

He didn't use the word resign in regards to anything.

I believe he said something like:
He has agreed to let the party choose a new leader
And he will continue to serve until that new leader is in place.

His aim now is to stop that new leader being put in place.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The last time I’m going to say this on this thread, but posters must resist the urge to start using this as the opportunity to goad / call out old Bear Bit foes and turning this into another slanging match between the same 4 or 5 people trying to settle scores.

If people can’t resist the urge to start name checking or referencing other posters in an attempt to ‘win NSC’ (and there is no prize, btw), then sorry, but I’m going to have to issue bans as there have been enough warnings. All you do when you do this is **** up the thread for the rest of us.

Thanks.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
My point is that Johnson believes he can pull off a strategic manoeuvre and remain in place. That was crystal clear from his speech yesterday. He became PM after all with zero leadership skills and zero integrity.

point is he's all opportunism, no planning. he's not capabable of thinking ahead, judging others reactions and setting in play some ruse lasting months. end of the week is his horizon.

there's no scenario where he's party leader and continues in office. once a new leader is appointed, Queen makes them PM - Johnson doesnt have any say.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
The Tories are worried that a vote of no confidence that's being put forward by Labour will lead to a General Election.

A possible reason why BJ hasn't gone yet.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think him and the ERG are cooking up something. If he meant it, he would’ve gone to Buckingham Palace yesterday afternoon and Raab would be in charge temporarily.
Unless ERG Big Cheese and Hard Man Of Brexit, Steve Baker, totally hoodwinked me yesterday I don't think there is any chance Johnson is in cahoots with the ERG.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
point is he's all opportunism, no planning. he's not capabable of thinking ahead, judging others reactions and setting in play some ruse lasting months. end of the week is his horizon.

there's no scenario where he's party leader and continues in office. once a new leader is appointed, Queen makes them PM - Johnson doesnt have any say.

I'm not sure whether it's possible or not, but absolutely nobody trusts him not to try and cling to power beyond what is reasonable. He hasn't resigned as PM, he is insisting on staying until September. It isn't hard to understand why the public don't trust the duplicitous c**t to actually do the decent thing and go.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

I think you're ignoring his entire career.
It's entirely based on what's the best move right now. Aided by the support of the old school tie and generations of privilege and connections.

It has seen him rise from a disgraced journalist to Editor of the spectator, to an MP, to London Mayor, to Foreign Secretary to Prime Minister.
At every turn, he has evaluated how to cling on and move up.

I agree right now, there isn't a scenario, where he keeps his job,
Hence the "resignation", where he keeps the job until he has a better opportunity,

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The last time I’m going to say this on this thread, but posters must resist the urge to start using this as the opportunity to goad / call out old Bear Bit foes and turning this into another slanging match between the same 4 or 5 people trying to settle scores.

If people can’t resist the urge to start name checking or referencing other posters in an attempt to ‘win NSC’ (and there is no prize, btw), then sorry, but I’m going to have to issue bans as there have been enough warnings. All you do when you do this is **** up the thread for the rest of us.

Thanks.
Good move. Will report anything I notice lol.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here