Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
He probably wants to stay on so that Carrie can scrape off the wallpaper. Although as his earnings could be £5m/year writing newspaper columns and doing speeches, I may be wrong.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
He probably wants to stay on so that Carrie can scrape off the wallpaper. Although as his earnings could be £5m/year writing newspaper columns and doing speeches, I may be wrong.

It might just be because he needs the gaff for his wedding party.

[TWEET]1545072415977373697[/TWEET]

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Elmet and Rothwell MP [MENTION=37822]alec[/MENTION]Shelbrooke says he will be backing Foreign Secretary Liz Truss to be the next PM and Tory leader.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

There are more :facepalm:

watch out 1.jpg
Watch out 2.JPG

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Anybody who voted for Johnson (leaving aside the reality of our constituency / parliamentary system) knowing he was a lying charlatan with the morals of an alley cat and the personal responsibility of a two year really needs to ask themselves if they deserve the great responsibility that comes from choosing how to cast a vote in a democracy. Meantime, he chose to seek the highest office and in so doing accepted accountability for the actions of those around him, that's what leadership is and his abject failure to do that with any integrity shows what a dreadful specimen he is.

Telling people how to cast their vote in a democracy kind of defeats the object of having a democracy. In the end Johnson has been forced out by our democratic system so it has worked pretty well. In the meantime the main issues being voted on by electors in 2019 have been safeguarded. Perhaps we should be asking ourselves how this chancer managed to find himself in the position of having a hopeless opponent and a monopoly on the side of an issue very important to many electors.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
at some point, either in recent or coming days, he'll realise thats the much better life for himself. swanning around hotels and trips abroad, no responsibilities and far more lucrative.

It will suit his bank balance, his languid propensity and his predisposition to critique what decision makers do without ever again being troubled by the difficulties of doing them himself.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
You think Russian money and influence wasn’t everywhere and funding things in the West pre the invasion? Naive or just cherry picking?

I think the Labour Party has had plenty of Russian connections, including ex leaders of the party allegedly

Things changed the moment Ukraine was invaded

You do realise that is classic whataboutery, don't you........

Whether you are right or wrong (and the tories have been in power for twelve years now), whoever is in power, I hope you can agree that the British public should be able to expect better than that...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You do realise that is classic whataboutery, don't you........

Whether you are right or wrong (and the tories have been in power for twelve years now, not any other Party), I hope you can agree that the British public should be able to expect better than that...

I have said at least twice today, maybe more, that he has to go, just don't run with every single thing he’s touched or done has been useless. I realise I am not toeing the majority of NSCs line here. I really should just **** off from this thread and let you all get on with it. I will try to.

Last edited:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
bumble****’s wife along with Cummings set up the ‘Tory Friends of Russia’ which hob nobbed it with the rich and powerful in Russia. None of this would happen without Putins ok.

He’s absolutely stinking in Russian influence, he reeks of it. How you can defend it is beyond me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I have said at least twice today, maybe more, that he has to go, just don't run with every single thing he’s touched or done has been useless. I realise I am not towing the majority of NSCs line here. I really should just **** off from this thread and let you all get on with it. I will try to.

Sorry you feel that way... it's not personal; I was hoping for a robust debate..... and my views on the matter are more calibrated than you suggest....

Oh well.......

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Telling people how to cast their vote in a democracy kind of defeats the object of having a democracy. In the end Johnson has been forced out by our democratic system so it has worked pretty well. In the meantime the main issues being voted on by electors in 2019 have been safeguarded. Perhaps we should be asking ourselves how this chancer managed to find himself in the position of having a hopeless opponent and a monopoly on the side of an issue very important to many electors.

He has not been forced out by a democratic system but by a bunch of chancers suddenly realising their careers were in jeopardy. Plus of course his Brexit deal has been shown up for what it is - unworkable and damaging to both the economy and our international standing. Labour gave him an open goal, I’m sure they won’t make that mistake again.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
So we all know Boris is a serial liar so , assuming he is still at it , what bets he is planning to get 8 of his best mates to support him throwing his hat in the ring and relying on the rank and file in the party to re-elect him as party leader and thus PM ?

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
So we all know Boris is a serial liar so , assuming he is still at it , what bets he is planning to get 8 of his best mates to support him throwing his hat in the ring and relying on the rank and file in the party to re-elect him as party leader and thus PM ?

The 1922 group would shut that down very quickly

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
I have said at least twice today, maybe more, that he has to go, just don't run with every single thing he’s touched or done has been useless. I realise I am not toeing the majority of NSCs line here. I really should just **** off from this thread and let you all get on with it. I will try to.
There are those that will only see the negatives and cant empathise or reconcile alternative viewpoints. Although I've always thought he was a liability with little integrity, he has delivered a good chunk of the conservative manifesto and to some, that is enough.

I would also say I am very uncomfortable with some of the commentary surrounding his behaviour, particularly with regard to his personal life and kids. However much you might think otherwise, there is a human under there; sure he's a human who shows no moral compass, respect for authority or comprehension of the impact of his actions on others but there's a human nonetheless. Villifying him whilst huge swathes of the Conservative party members who put and kept him in power suffer little derision or stain on their character doesnt sit right with me.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
There are those that will only see the negatives and cant empathise or reconcile alternative viewpoints. Although I've always thought he was a liability with little integrity, he has delivered a good chunk of the conservative manifesto and to some, that is enough.

I would also say I am very uncomfortable with some of the commentary surrounding his behaviour, particularly with regard to his personal life and kids. However much you might think otherwise, there is a human under there; sure he's a human who shows no moral compass, respect for authority or comprehe sion of the impact of his actions on others but there's a human nonetheless. Villifying him whilst huge swathes of the Conservative party members who put and kept him in power suffer little derision or stain on their character doesnt sit right with me.

What has he achieved?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I would also say I am very uncomfortable with some of the commentary surrounding his behaviour, particularly with regard to his personal life..

Johnson doesn't a "personal life", he blends it with his professional life for personal advancement and sexual gratification.

He's had at least three affairs with women he had a public/professional relationship with and whilst failing to record the conflicts of interest has help sort them out with little earners, wallpaper of their dreams or attempted to get them high powered jobs.

All at the public expense, deleting or denying the evidence as he goes.

That's what you should feel uncomfortable with, a man complete unfit for public office let alone the position of Prime Minister.

There is definitely a human under there, unfortunately it's a ****.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

I would also say I am very uncomfortable with some of the commentary surrounding his behaviour, particularly with regard to his personal life and kids. However much you might think otherwise, there is a human under there; sure he's a human who shows no moral compass, respect for authority or comprehension of the impact of his actions on others but there's a human nonetheless. Villifying him whilst huge swathes of the Conservative party members who put and kept him in power suffer little derision or stain on their character doesnt sit right with me.

His personal life is dominated by the fact the every relationship he has been in has ended with him shagging someone else and getting them pregnant.

And if one doesn’t want one’s personal life brought up at work, don’t get noshed off by the mistress in your office. Just a thought.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here