Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
He is definitely a gonna, so, employment wise, what an earth will he do now?

Books, articles, memoirs and rounds of speeches. He won't be short of work - or money..... and the country will be left to pick up the pieces of two years of depraved government.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Its realistically impossible for him to stay as PM now.

We've seen so many parallels between Johnson and Trump over the last few days so the question for me is not what happens if he plots to stay but will he plot to come back?

Trump still has control over the MAGA wing of the Republicans and around 35% of Americans still believe he was cheated out of the last election. If he's not banged up or assassinated by then he'll probably come back for another term and have another man baby tantrum if he doesn't get in. This is in the full knowledge that it splits the Republicans with any moderates now known as RINOs.

Given how we saw Dom scheme and scheme to bring down Johnson once he went, so I believe Johnson, JRM et al are more than capable of undermining the new PM from Day One if it's not "one of them" (I strongly suspect this is where Sunak's tax leak came from but that's just my opinion). All in the deluded belief that he'll shortly be welcomed back with open arms.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Let’s also remember that as Prime Minister Boris Johnson has given us the highest inflation in 40 yrs, the highest taxation in 70 yrs, the biggest drop in living standards since 1956,the biggest fall in wages since records began & UK trade performance at its worst level on record

What a legacy to leave.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
It's been confirmed to us that Michael Gove will not be standing to become leader of the Conservative Party.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Books, articles, memoirs and rounds of speeches. He won't be short of work - or money..... and the country will be left to pick up the pieces of two years of depraved government.

at some point, either in recent or coming days, he'll realise thats the much better life for himself. swanning around hotels and trips abroad, no responsibilities and far more lucrative.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I’m almost certain he won’t try to comeback once he’s gone. But getting him to go is the tricky part. A

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My point was that the Russians disliked him above all other World leaders

You keep trotting this out, ignoring that his party and he personally are massively funded by Russian 'donations', that he scandalously buried the report into Russian interference in our government, and that he very recently made the son of a Putin KGB man a ****ing LORD,

Yes, you're right - he really is the Russians' biggest enemy :rolleyes:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Let’s also remember that as Prime Minister Boris Johnson has given us the highest inflation in 40 yrs, the highest taxation in 70 yrs, the biggest drop in living standards since 1956,the biggest fall in wages since records began & UK trade performance at its worst level on record

What a legacy to leave.

Inflation from printing money that the public demanded, which has to be paid back.

However He has no idea on how to deal with the issues

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Inflation from printing money that the public demanded, which has to be paid back.

Indeed. Some of the issues attributed to Boris are in reality global and has very little to do with domestic politics anywhere.

He might be quite shit but its not realistic to believe that any party or PM could avoid inflation post-covid.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
I am one of those who voted for Boris in 2019. For me, it's a regrettable hour. At the end of the day his character, which the public already knew when they voted him in with an enormous majority 2.5 years ago, has been his downfall. However, most of the mistakes he's made have been in conjunction with the failings of others in the Conservative Party - Cummings, those in Downing Street, Paterson, Pincher. Of course, many of those he employed himself, but others were MPs, voted in by the British public.

Anybody who voted for Johnson (leaving aside the reality of our constituency / parliamentary system) knowing he was a lying charlatan with the morals of an alley cat and the personal responsibility of a two year really needs to ask themselves if they deserve the great responsibility that comes from choosing how to cast a vote in a democracy. Meantime, he chose to seek the highest office and in so doing accepted accountability for the actions of those around him, that's what leadership is and his abject failure to do that with any integrity shows what a dreadful specimen he is.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Indeed. Some of the issues attributed to Boris are in reality global and has very little to do with domestic politics anywhere.

He might be quite shit but its not realistic to believe that any party or PM could avoid inflation post-covid.

Inclined to agree but late last year he maintained inflation wasn't going to be a threat, he is on the record as saying that. He didn't see it coming or if he did he pretended it wasn't going to happen - that is not leadership. We need leaders who spot the bad news from a long way out and make plans to deal with it. This lot were too busy getting drunk and abusing each other.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Inclined to agree but late last year he maintained inflation wasn't going to be a threat, he is on the record as saying that. He didn't see it coming or if he did he pretended it wasn't going to happen - that is not leadership. We need leaders who spot the bad news from a long way out and make plans to deal with it. This lot were too busy getting drunk and abusing each other.

to be fair everyone in financial circles was saying that of inflation (its transitory), he's hardly able to say otherwise.

as for the taxes, we're all saying we want more taxes and more of them on business, so that goes on the credit colum right?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Never thought I'd be linked to Jimmy Saville about anything :down:

Sorry, that was a bit rough.

I'll say it for the last time; I'm not in the mood to ponder Johnson's virtues. The fact that a PM with a big majority who has ostensibly done what he promised to do (albeit that's a conundrum in itself) can be ousted by all of his more talented colleagues downing tools is a shameful day for this country. I struggle to find anything whimsical about it. I'm rather angry. Apologies. It will pass. :thumbsup:

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
to be fair everyone in financial circles was saying that of inflation (its transitory), he's hardly able to say otherwise.

as for the taxes, we're all saying we want more taxes and more of them on business, so that goes on the credit colum right?

Well it certainly counts as a big call he got wrong! As to taxes - they are now a high tax party, how much of that is due to covid and how much due to other 10 years of their mismanagement of the economy is for debate.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Its realistically impossible for him to stay as PM now.

Unless anything has changed since lunchtime ( I've been working so things may have changed)....

My understanding is :
He hasn't resigned as Prime Minister
The Queen hasn't appointed his successor
He will be acting Prime minister for an , as yet, undetermined period.

Today it may be unrealistic that he will stay PM.
But that may not still be the same in September.

There is an awful lot that could happen between now and then.
That is what he is gambling on.

His speech was a reminder to the electorate, that he wanted to reduce taxes and focus on growth.
No need to mention it in a resignation speech, but he did.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You keep trotting this out, ignoring that his party and he personally are massively funded by Russian 'donations', that he scandalously buried the report into Russian interference in our government, and that he very recently made the son of a Putin KGB man a ****ing LORD,

Yes, you're right - he really is the Russians' biggest enemy :rolleyes:

You think Russian money and influence wasn’t everywhere and funding things in the West pre the invasion? Naive or just cherry picking?

I think the Labour Party has had plenty of Russian connections, including ex leaders of the party allegedly

Things changed the moment Ukraine was invaded

Last edited:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I’m almost certain he won’t try to comeback once he’s gone. But getting him to go is the tricky part. A

Totally agree with this, once he's given up on it, he'll quickly move on.
All the time he's in the game though, he'll be playing to win.

[TWEET]1545019317280034817[/TWEET]

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
I don't care if you never speak to me again, I'm just pointing out for the benefit of everyone else how you could make that tedious spat just stop. When you say "you are as bad as him", you sound like a child. I don't recall falling out with you once, or even directly speaking to you.

Some people never have the good manners or civility to admit they have been taken in and are too embarrassed or foolish to know when to be silent, who knew !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here