Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
If the care homes are still full of staff, not sure why this has been put put on Xmas eve afternoon.........

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/biggest-visa-boost-for-social-care-as-health-and-care-visa-scheme-expanded

Last edited:

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Debate? You're having a laugh. There is no debate with Remainers totally entrenched in their views (which is the majority of the people in the South and therefore on this board) by those who have an opposition view. I've learnt long ago on the Brexit thread, which I have not visited for a long time, that it's a total waste of time.

Debate is used an excuse for others to try and ram their views down the throat of others.

Yes I voted for Brexit. No I don't regret it. Yes I would vote for it again tomorrow. No I'm not a racist (normally degenerates to), my wife of over 25 years is non white and not born in the UK or EU and our daughter is therefore mixed, my best mate has an African mum and white dad. It's as [MENTION=3791]Wes[/MENTION]tdene says, I wanted to leave the Political EU and nothing else.

Hello, I hope you had a good xmas.
That's all great, but I wasn't referring to you. The post I was referencing was from a very vocal brexiter who time and time again, showed himself up to be clueless. The best example of which I mentioned. And the bigots? I said 'sizeable minority'. Again, not you. Off the top of my head, Baker Lite, Das Reich, Carl Zeiss, Soulman all hardcore brexiters with demonstrably unpleasant views. There are more but I'm wary of accusing faceless people on a message board. Then there's stuff like neo-nazis joining Brexit marches and waving their flags with no pushback, etc.
Perhaps Brexiters could denounce people like that before trotting out the old 'Don't call me racist' defence, and the debate can move on.

Superb win yesterday :amex:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Who's going to clean you up in the care home? They've all gone back to Poland.

ALL?

Do you have the official stats because I am aware of quite a lot of Polish workers, still happily working here in the industry?

Official stats you say, mmm let me see….

Apparently 31,589 EU nationals applied for settled status in Brighton & Hove, of them, 15,560, or 51 per cent, received settled status and 13,730, or 45 per cent, pre-settled and 440 cases rejected pending appeal.

The highest number of applications came from citizens of Italy, 5,160, Spain, 3,860, and Poland, 3,210.

So apparently Eric there are still 3,210 Polish folk still here.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/19801528.440-applications-eu-nationals-stay-brighton-rejected/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
It's only the bedwetters that are leaking

Regards
DF

Let's hope the Fabulous General Kala (comment #1142) isn't one of those who are leaking.
It would take an army of east European care staff to get her out of that costume and clean her up.

Besides, as we all know, all the care staff have gone back to Poland.

****Grabs tin hat and runs off at top speed****

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1480596423947259904[/tweet]

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
Sickening. They can’t spin that one so they just ignore it. We live under tyranny.

We're all taken for fools - but no-one cares anymore, as we are so used to it... a very very sad state of affairs our political system finds itself in.

Roll on the next election when the Government can increase its majority!!!!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
We're all taken for fools - but no-one cares anymore, as we are so used to it... a very very sad state of affairs our political system finds itself in.

Roll on the next election when the Government can increase its majority!!!!

That’s democracy though. People have their own priorities when they vote. What’s important to you isn’t so much to me. I voted Tory at the last election because in my opinion that was correct in 2019. I will be voting Labour at the next one all other things being equal and if Starmer is still the leader because circumstances have changed. It is us floating voters that often determine the outcome rather than those people that always vote the same way regardless of the world we live in.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
We don’t. You are free to flout the rules as well. No fear of prosecution. It’s libertarian freedoms that are the problem here not tyranny.

The people who are being prosecuted for breaking Covid rules may disagree!

I used to think Johnson was a libertarian. He’s not. He’s an entitled fat cat who believes in one rule for the elite and another for the plebs. A brat who doesn’t believe he ever has to explain himself to the filthy masses.

He spends fortunes on himself and raises taxes and living costs that impact society’s most vulnerable.

A tyrant.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1480625289608708096[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here