Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
its far more petty than that. Germany wont approve the corporation that owns and operates Nordstream 2 as its Swiss based, then has to go over all the paperwork of the new corporation. it'll be approved of course, just not until summer.

Quite a good summary of the whole NS2 issue and the problems Germany has created for itself by getting rid of the fossil fuel stations.

https://www.dw.com/en/nord-stream-2-who-wins-who-loses/a-60223801

Energy prices are going mad in EU too.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
The last time I went into a care home was just before my mother died in November 2020. I can assure you that the Eastern European staff had left before that.

I don't need your assurances to see your biased views. I work for quite a few care homes and I can assure you, there are plenty still here. I can assure you.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
And they can stay there maning their borders from foriegn invaders

Regards
DF

Not sure that is the best use of their time if they are going to be attacked by those pesky Foriegnians.

CSI_mane_pulling.jpg

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
its far more petty than that. Germany wont approve the corporation that owns and operates Nordstream 2 as its Swiss based, then has to go over all the paperwork of the new corporation. it'll be approved of course, just not until summer.

Of course, and sarcasm aside, Germany will fold. The fact that they are a minority partner is irrelevant really. Their agreement is necessary for decision making.

Quite a good summary of the whole NS2 issue and the problems Germany has created for itself by getting rid of the fossil fuel stations.

https://www.dw.com/en/nord-stream-2-who-wins-who-loses/a-60223801

Energy prices are going mad in EU too.

I suspect this is an absolute 'can of worms' issue that won't end next year...

But why isn't NS1 being fully utilised, or is it?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Back to the BBC article then.

Hands up all the Brexiteers who have actually read the article, rather than counted the number of turkeys in Tesco.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Thanks to the sterling (?) efforts of a few, this thread has now drifted a long way away from it's original topic and degenerated into just another pro / anti Brexit thread.

It is now just a re-hashing of countless off-repeated 'yes it is / no it isn't' accusations.

Time to shift it into one of any number of bearpit-appropriate categories, I fear - we can start again with a new thread once the inevitable new revelations appear post-Christmas?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
You do realise they are reporting on figures from the British Chamber of Commerce, right?

The article isn't opinion its just observations and counting, if a country imposes trade sanctions on itself there are consequences

Another set from from Jan 1 when proper import checks come in. Apparently its one man and a portacabin at Holyhead so sounds like we're all ready...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Thanks to the sterling (?) efforts of a few, this thread has now drifted a long way away from it's original topic and degenerated into just another pro / anti Brexit thread.

It is now just a re-hashing of countless off-repeated 'yes it is / no it isn't' accusations.

Time to shift it into one of any number of bearpit-appropriate categories, I fear - we can start again with a new thread once the inevitable new revelations appear post-Christmas?
There is no need for the Bear Pit if people stick to the new NSC rules.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Fully agreed. I was just having a read through and yes, the same few have yet again dragged this thread into yet another Brexit thread. Fortunately I have a button that enables me to prevent posters from contributing to specific threads. Hopefully, this thread will get back on track but those posters who insist on turning it into yet another circular Brexit argument will find themselves unable to add further comment.

There is a Brexit thread elsewhere for those who want to knock themselves out over Christmas rehashing the same arguments and convincing nobody on either side of the debate to change their minds.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Fully agreed. I was just having a read through and yes, the same few have yet again dragged this thread into yet another Brexit thread. Fortunately I have a button that enables me to prevent posters from contributing to specific threads. Hopefully, this thread will get back on track but those posters who insist on turning it into yet another circular Brexit argument will find themselves unable to add further comment.

Well done that man.

I refrain from the Brexit thread and 99% of political threads as they degerate into tit for tat round and round arguments that just get worse and worse.

Even found myself answering a few on here that I know better than to do.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I suspect this is an absolute 'can of worms' issue that won't end next year...

But why isn't NS1 being fully utilised, or is it?

it probably wont resolve next year. the NS1 saga is a geopolitical power play too, as that article from B-right-on notes there is other things going in the mix. it could be resolved by US reopening fracking, bring down prices.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Well the stories seemed to have stopped for now and I can't believe they have run out because all the time Johnson is in charge I'll bet he can generate stories quicker than they can be leaked :wink:

Anyone want to guess when it'll all kick off again ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well the stories seemed to have stopped for now and I can't believe they have run out because all the time Johnson is in charge I'll bet he can generate stories quicker than they can be leaked :wink:

January 4th.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Probably after Boris has held another party at Chequers.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Probably after Boris has held another party at Chequers.

Good point. Someone's got to take the blame for partygate, so expect an expendable to carry the can, and the real culprit to be promoted into high office in a New Year cabinet reshuffle at Chequers. (Drinks are banned on the terrace).

My tip: keep an eye on Gove, currently Secretary of State for revenge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here