Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm a bit disappointed - no new photos or leaks for a couple of days now. Where have they all gone?

Too close to Christmas. The number of undecided minds available to have their opinion swayed will have diminished far too much to justify wasting another ounce of juicy tittle tattle.

Brace yourself for New Years bombshells, I am guessing Jan 5, by which time most of us will have sobered up. A bit. :rolleyes:

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Too close to Christmas. The number of undecided minds available to have their opinion swayed will have diminished far too much to justify wasting another ounce of juicy tittle tattle.

Brace yourself for New Years bombshells, I am guessing Jan 5, by which time most of us will have sobered up. A bit. :rolleyes:

'Boris takes time off to relax on New Year's Eve, while steadying the good ship Brexit through the Covid storm' - Daily Mail.

'Boris pisses out the first floor window during No. 10 New Year's Eve party, waving his willy at waiting journalists' - Daily Mirror.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
And that is the reply I expected with a sarcasm thrown in for good measure.
Moved on? running away more like, this is the most important bit, to see how your vote now pans out.
All I can get is 'it was a democratic vote well yes, we live in a democracy, all votes are democratic.
You have not moved on, you have run away with your fingers in your ears because you know you have messed up, lied to, fell for it hook line and sinker.
Where are all the fantastic deals?
Still at least you have managed to send home the foreigners, who we have relied on for many years to keep this country ticking over whilst massively helping our economy well done.
Now answer Claphams post, tell us why he is wrong, you have made your vote now argue the consequences through.
Or were you always misinformed?

Your aggressive tone doesn’t really encourage debate though, does it. There is an interesting documentary made by David Baddiel on iPlayer at the moment that amongst other things shows some analysis of changes in brain function/patterns when people get angry on social media. They take MRI scans and the results are an eye opener. As someone who already has neurological damage I certainly wouldn’t debate with someone who demands a response. Look after yourself and don’t take it the wrong way.

Jan 30, 2008
Your aggressive tone doesn’t really encourage debate though, does it. There is an interesting documentary made by David Baddiel on iPlayer at the moment that amongst other things shows some analysis of changes in brain function/patterns when people get angry on social media. They take MRI scans and the results are an eye opener. As someone who already has neurological damage I certainly wouldn’t debate with someone who demands a response. Look after yourself and don’t take it the wrong way.

Mention these and they go into meltdown for what ever reason

https://youtu.be/lieUp495Mxs

Regards
DF

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

You may have a fair point about tone of post, even if it was in response.

But back on the subject of the thread, who do you think is releasing this stuff into the press ?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Lots of candidates and maybe multiple leakers. Personally I am pleased this stuff is being leaked but I would imagine we agree that it is not for altruistic reasons.

Eeees complicated, definitely

But I suspect that some, on both extremes, believe they are doing it for altruistic reasons, even if you and me don't agree with them :wink:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

We have a long bank holiday weekend coming up don’t we?

My money is then.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
And that is the reply I expected with a sarcasm thrown in for good measure.
Moved on? running away more like, this is the most important bit, to see how your vote now pans out.
All I can get is 'it was a democratic vote well yes, we live in a democracy, all votes are democratic.
You have not moved on, you have run away with your fingers in your ears because you know you have messed up, lied to, fell for it hook line and sinker.
Where are all the fantastic deals?
Still at least you have managed to send home the foreigners, who we have relied on for many years to keep this country ticking over whilst massively helping our economy well done.
Now answer Claphams post, tell us why he is wrong, you have made your vote now argue the consequences through.
Or were you always misinformed?

You are talking to a Brexiter who posted the first paragraph of an article to back up a point he wanted to make. Only the article said more or less the opposite, and when questioned about it, he said he hadn't read further than the first paragraph because it was behind a paywall. :facepalm:

This, and not forgetting the pretty sizeable minority of bigots, are the reasons the brexit debate is so poor on here.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Boo, I was hoping for a Christmas special.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Hang on - I thought they hated Europe....surely they will be holidaying in Skegness or Blackpool? Leave Europe for the Metropolitan Elite/citizens of nowhere....at least we might actually appreciate the chance of travelling "on the continent"!

I wasn't planning of doing so but OK, I'll play. Although I do think this belongs in the Brexit thread.

Firstly, we've not left Europe - we've left a political union called the EU. We're still part of Europe. You may not agree with us leaving nor agree that 'Brexit has been done' BUT we're no longer members of the EU.

There's been a number of posts about 'Brexiteers running away' - I obviously paraphrase. It's because most of us, and I'm slightly hesitant to speak for others, just wanted to leave an organisation that prevented us from controlling ALL our own affairs. We have left - job done. That includes who we let in to the country - not how many. As a member of the EU we couldn't properly control who came in. I don't care about the numbers - double or triple them for all I care, just make sure they are the right people to benefit our country and economy.

Equally, the world has moved towards a less conglomerate perspective - more nationalistic if you like - viewpoint. There is nothing wrong with that. Even the UK will break up shortly no doubt. But what that does is put power closer to the normal person. Centralisation is a crap idea - power locally is good. The EU is all about centralisation - ECB, decisions on legal issues, and while some will decry it as a lie, an EU army - controlled by the EU not individual nations - with NATO the individual nations control what their armed forces do. And before anyone slaps me down on that point, both Macron and Merkel ( although she's now gone ) have suggested that is the direction of travel.

Covid aside, it is still very easy to travel and live in the EU member states. I say that as someone that owns a house in France. Generally there has been no effect on most peoples lives.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
You are talking to a Brexiter who posted the first paragraph of an article to back up a point he wanted to make. Only the article said more or less the opposite, and when questioned about it, he said he hadn't read further than the first paragraph because it was behind a paywall. :facepalm:

This, and not forgetting the pretty sizeable minority of bigots, are the reasons the brexit debate is so poor on here.

Debate? You're having a laugh. There is no debate with Remainers totally entrenched in their views (which is the majority of the people in the South and therefore on this board) by those who have an opposition view. I've learnt long ago on the Brexit thread, which I have not visited for a long time, that it's a total waste of time.

Debate is used an excuse for others to try and ram their views down the throat of others.

Yes I voted for Brexit. No I don't regret it. Yes I would vote for it again tomorrow. No I'm not a racist (normally degenerates to), my wife of over 25 years is non white and not born in the UK or EU and our daughter is therefore mixed, my best mate has an African mum and white dad. It's as [MENTION=3791]Wes[/MENTION]tdene says, I wanted to leave the Political EU and nothing else.

Last edited:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
. Screenshot_20211222-113646_Facebook.jpg

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
'Brexit: One year on, the economic impact is starting to show'.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59761292

Make of it what you will, but for those who don't want to read it, here is an executive summary from the coalface:

'Frustrating. Scary. Huge drop in sales. Rendered uncompetitive in Europe.'

Don't shoot the messenger!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Tory meltdown incoming...

'Brexit: One year on, the economic impact is starting to show'.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59761292

Make of it what you will, but for those who don't want to read it, here is an executive summary from the coalface:

'Frustrating. Scary. Huge drop in sales. Rendered uncompetitive in Europe.'

Don't shoot the messenger!

Thanks for posting, now I’m really…….

1a09535f2d057c173a5023bc836e3bbb.jpg

Btw plenty of Turkeys in Tesco Holmbush, in fact plenty of everything [emoji1762][emoji1762]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I wasn't planning of doing so but OK, I'll play. Although I do think this belongs in the Brexit thread.

Firstly, we've not left Europe - we've left a political union called the EU. We're still part of Europe. You may not agree with dus leaving nor agree that 'Brexit has been done' BUT we're no longer members of the EU.

There's been a number of posts about 'Brexiteers running away' - I obviously paraphrase. It's because most of us, and I'm slightly hesitant to speak for others, just wanted to leave an organisation that prevented us from controlling ALL our own affairs. We have left - job done. That includes who we let in to the country - not how many. As a member of the EU we couldn't properly control who came in. I don't care about the numbers - double or triple them for all I care, just make sure they are the right people to benefit our country and economy.

Equally, the world has moved towards a less conglomerate perspective - more nationalistic if you like - viewpoint. There is nothing wrong with that. Even the UK will break up shortly no doubt. But what that does is put power closer to the normal person. Centralisation is a crap idea - power locally is good. The EU is all about centralisation - ECB, decisions on legal issues, and while some will decry it as a lie, an EU army - controlled by the EU not individual nations - with NATO the individual nations control what their armed forces do. And before anyone slaps me down on that point, both Macron and Merkel ( although she's now gone ) have suggested that is the direction of travel.

Covid aside, it is still very easy to travel and live in the EU member states. I say that as someone that owns a house in France. Generally there has been no effect on most peoples lives.

Don’t worry, Liz Truss is being prepared for Prime Minister as soon as the backbenchers stab Johnson in the back.
She’s already had her ‘power photos’ done, and already threatening Russia with ‘force’ if they invade Ukraine.

Britain now has as much force as a wet paper bag, after all the Tory defence cuts.
Buy a log burner and a good saw, for when the Russians turn off the gas pipeline.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Thanks for posting, now I’m really…….

1a09535f2d057c173a5023bc836e3bbb.jpg

Btw plenty of Turkeys in Tesco Holmbush, in fact plenty of everything [emoji1762][emoji1762]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's the Brexit point of view then. Never mind the feedback from the panel of small businesses. Plenty of turkeys in Tesco! :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here