Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
How many care anymore? if we were in restrictions I guess it would be more

Average of the polls had the Tories with a 5pt lead in Mid October. As of 7th Jan it is Labour who hold a 5pt lead. I expect it to shift even more if the leaks continue.

Says to me that there's enough people who do care.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
That’s democracy though. People have their own priorities when they vote. What’s important to you isn’t so much to me. I voted Tory at the last election because in my opinion that was correct in 2019. I will be voting Labour at the next one all other things being equal and if Starmer is still the leader because circumstances have changed. It is us floating voters that often determine the outcome rather than those people that always vote the same way regardless of the world we live in.

Yep, I understand all that all too well. What I don’t understand is how we got to the position we are in where politicians can be so brazen in their lies and half truths with no apparent come back!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Average of the polls had the Tories with a 5pt lead in Mid October. As of 7th Jan it is Labour who hold a 5pt lead. I expect it to shift even more if the leaks continue.

Labour lead is dropping back - guess we will see

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020

Until they get to the ballot box...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Yep, I understand all that all too well. What I don’t understand is how we got to the position we are in where politicians can be so brazen in their lies and half truths with no apparent come back!

With Johnson we've become conditioned to it, like Trump alternative facts have been become normal

There is no shame, just look at today's interview with Johnson. He doesn't care he broke the rules and he's doesn't care about the 180k dead from the pandemic.

https://www.itv.com/news/2022-01-10...staff-held-drinks-party-at-height-of-lockdown

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
That’s democracy though. People have their own priorities when they vote. What’s important to you isn’t so much to me. I voted Tory at the last election because in my opinion that was correct in 2019. I will be voting Labour at the next one all other things being equal and if Starmer is still the leader because circumstances have changed. It is us floating voters that often determine the outcome rather than those people that always vote the same way regardless of the world we live in.
Not really a democracy, more of a 50/50.

Labour fuc8s up, Conservative get it. Conservatives fuc8k up, Labour gets in. Rinse and repeat.

We are led to believe that the previous fuc8s up won't happen again so us being turkey's, vote for Xmas.

Just they way they like it.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Apparently Johnson met with Rishi Sunak last night to talk about financial support in light of rising energy bills.

Unclear at the moment whether he wanted to discuss the country as a whole or just his flat.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

You don't think you're getting a little ahead of yourself ?

We haven't even got halfway through what you voted for last time :facepalm:

:wink:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Because 'Toute nation a le gouvernement qu'elle mérite' :wink:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
You don't think you're getting a little ahead of yourself ?

We haven't even got halfway through what you voted for last time :facepalm:

:wink:

That’s covered by the ‘all other things being equal’ part. I can foresee that once the Torys’ current term is over it will be time for a change. I also don’t do advertising campaigns so have little interest in what is said in the months leading up to an election (or a referendum) as I form my own views over a longer timescale :thumbsup:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not even surprised any more……..ironic though that it’s probably going to be a few socially distanced drinks in the garden that’ll finally finish him off rather than all the other incompetence he’s displayed. His own party will push him out sooner rather than later, he’s become too much of a liability even for them now.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Mr Johnson is just smirking and laughing when responding to questions about the party. He thinks he it’s funny. Truth be told, his ratings have gone down but not they’ve not collapsed.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I bet the strategy is that the guy we've never heard of that sent the "Let's get pissed email" will get sacked tomorrow "with a heavy heart" and Boris will ride out the storm for a week or so.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
I bet the strategy is that the guy we've never heard of that sent the "Let's get pissed email" will get sacked tomorrow "with a heavy heart" and Boris will ride out the storm for a week or so.
Harder for him to do that if reports that he attended are true.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The come back may happen at the next election. It’s Labour’s to lose so they just have to make sure there are no own goals..

Which is why Steir Kalmer is generally keeping his head down till the last few months before the GE, with the occasional presidential bit of pontification à la last week. Dull, but it beats constant yapping à la little Hague (Spelling - he's so far gone from memory etc etc).

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Which is why Steir Kalmer is generally keeping his head down till the last few months before the GE, with the occasional presidential bit of pontification à la last week. Dull, but it beats constant yapping à la little Hague (Spelling - he's so far gone from memory etc etc).

……..only problem is they keep putting the awful Rayner in front of the cameras instead :facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
……..only problem is they keep putting the awful Rayner in front of the cameras instead :facepalm:

Short term experiment, like Tony with Two Jags (that went on too long, but two jags was very loyal) maybe? Hopefully if he sees it as like keep playing Knockaert, he'll twist.

I'm hoping he won't show the weakness of the overly loyal.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Big swing needed though.

They’d need the SNP and Jimmy Krankie’s making mistakes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

May will be interesting with the London Council elections. It isn't a great hunting ground for The Tories but they could be wiped out.

If the PM is still there and they lose (for instance) Wandsworth, he's in big trouble.

Wandsworth is a very much cake and eat it constituency.

The residents always vote a Tory council in because they are historically very good at running things and have the second lowest council tax in the country. The bins get emptied and the libraries are open.

It's a badge of honour to The Tories and has been for years. However, surrounding areas in the general election will routinely return a Labour MP.

IF The Tories lose Wandsworth that will be seen by the party as a judgement on the PM and not the local party itself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here