Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I know this all feels like it's being organised by one person / group of people looking to oust Boris, but I'm beginning to think it may not be quite as centrally coordinated as we think. I'm thinking the May 2020 leak-and-photo may have come from a different source, and the reason it's been sat on so long is because whoever had it a) knew it wasn't enough on its own to be a killer blow, and b) therefore waited until they could add it to an existing controversy to add pressure.
It seems there were lots of little parties and gatherings in the last year or two and there must be masses of photographic evidence. These people really did not care or realise... They thought they were fireproof.

Could it be that with the passage of time people have lost loved ones or businesses to the government's handling of Covid and now they are getting their own back. There seems no obvious search announced to try and find the whistle-blower / leak and so different people are emboldened to release their little bit of evidence, as in the #MeToo revelations

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I know this all feels like it's being organised by one person / group of people looking to oust Boris, but I'm beginning to think it may not be quite as centrally coordinated as we think. I'm thinking the May 2020 leak-and-photo may have come from a different source, and the reason it's been sat on so long is because whoever had it a) knew it wasn't enough on its own to be a killer blow, and b) therefore waited until they could add it to an existing controversy to add pressure.

My little thought out theory is that to keep a secret when so many people know about it is quite difficult and requires one to keep a lot of people on side. One thing we know for sure about Johnson is that he is making a lot of enemies, ergo there's a lot of skeletons coming out of the cupboard....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
To be fair, I think everybody in the whole country, including his family, are on the record saying that.

You little tinker. BLOTD award again :bowdown:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

OK, fair enough. I can see that the narrative is a tale of revenge. But I still can't work out what for. Cummins resigned - he wasn't sacked. Why the need for wewengy (see 'Carry on Cleo'). Doesn't mean it's just him alone whose leaking to the press either, which was my original point. If I was Cummings, dispairing at the venality and shallowness of Johnson, I'd certainly seek to get into him (and **** him up), just for the fun of it, really. :shrug:

I guess what I also have in the back of my mind is that there is a danger in pointing the finger at DC. It will allow others, the rabid and obsessed anti-labourites, to say that if it weren't for Cummings everything would be great. "Don't let Cumming sabotage Brexit or Christmas!". I'm sure Das Reich and PotG will be along in a minute to tell us all about it. I realise we are talking a pair of small squeeky voices in denial of the storm, but still. From small acorns of whaboutery do great oaks of inertia and electoral dimbottery arise.

I'm overthinking this, aren't I? ???

:lolol: :thumbsup:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

56093419-6CC0-4DFF-A3BD-749FBE8CB8E6.jpeg

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The MET has now reported itself to Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) after complaints received about their refusal to investigate the "gatherings".

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Interestingly, I suspect a 'group' too. I think there are too many stories to be from a single source and if there was a single source, I'm sure Johnson's crew would have shut it down. But it could be the Brexit/Covid extremists or the opposite, the 'one nation' conservatives as they both have long standing connections and are probably capable of this. The 'one nation' group would be extremely powerful headed by Rory Stewart had he not been chased out by the Brexit extremists.

And Gove, who introduced Cummings to power has been frighteningly quiet. Do two constitute a group ?

It seems Cameron's solution to covering the cracks within the party has worked well (for 6 years at least).

Maybe we should have a poll :wink:

deffo, that repugnant, smriking, canard, gove the cove

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here