Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Ah. Editing a post quote. That's scummy behaviour on a message board. The sort of thing you'd do if you actively support a politician knowing they lie. The arrogance of someone who thinks their 'truth' is better than your truth. Who knew? ???

The funniest part is that he managed to give me a thumbs up on that post in under 60 seconds from me posting it, even though he wasn't logged on when it was posted.

Almost as if he had nothing better to do all day. Spooky eh :lolol:

Amusing asides, back on topic

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Boris has lost control of his own image which he has carefully built up over the years, what was once an asset is now a liability.
One picture he could get away with, and in the instance of the garden picture at a workplace people may have given him the benefit of the doubt, but it’s an avalanche of evidence that has to be taken together and in that context it’s damning.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No laptops
No notebooks
Wine
Cheese
Wife n kids
People laying on the grass

They are laughing at us all...

Yep. Johnson probably gets a semillon every time he lies to an interviewer about his party.

And his shitty supporters come onto threads like this and laugh at people like you.

For how long will they get away with their trolling I wonder?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Boris has lost control of his own image which he has carefully built up over the years, what was once an asset is now a liability.
One picture he could get away with, and in the instance of the garden picture at a workplace people may have given him the benefit of the doubt, but it’s an avalanche of evidence that has to be taken together and in that context it’s damning.

As HWT points out above though, there are still some for whom Johnson could shit in their dinner and they would keep lapping it up, and a lot of those are the people who have suffered the most under his reign. Facts and evidence mean nothing to them :shrug:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It wouldn’t be such a big deal……….sure this wasn’t uncommon at the time (people in an office gathering after work, outside and seemingly reasonably distanced - stretching if not breaking the rules)…………..if they didn’t try and lie their way out of it AGAIN with yet more ridiculous excuses and other bullshit. Tell the truth FFS (although why they’d start that now I don’t know :shrug:)

‘We gathered, outside, after work one evening whilst respecting social distancing. However, with hindsight this was clearly very wrong and shouldn’t have happened’ :shrug:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Unfortunately, I think it could be a case of 'better the devil you know'.

Yes, Johnson is a shit wizard, but who is behind the leaks and what is their 'end game'?

Cummings, and the destruction of Boris. All going to plan so far I would think.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Unfortunately, I think it could be a case of 'better the devil you know'.

Yes, Johnson is a shit wizard, but who is behind the leaks and what is their 'end game'?

That's an interesting question. A few weeks ago I would have said Dom. But now I think it is likely to be those who fear he is betraying Brexit and destroying the country with 'needless' Covid restrictions (vide the Lord Brexit flounce last week). Unless the detractors are homogenous their end game(s) will differ. I find it hard to put myself into the mind of an unhinged member of the tory fringe so I can't decide what the end game might be.

The swift resolution will come only when mainstream tory MPs decide that Johnson is an election liability, like they did when they shoved out mad Maggie Thatcher.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The only people I see defending Johnson nowadays are those moronic Johnson fanboys on Twitter with 7 union jacks in their Twitter handle, stuff like "no woke bollocks here, backing Britain and Boris" in their profile, as if they are the only ones virtuously PROUD of their country, but are too thick and ignorant to bother with learning how to spell in English, and thus use "would/could of" and the wrong "there/their/they're" with embarrassing regularity.

These people are a lost cause (too thick, too ignorant), but surely everybody else wants this incompetent liar out of office now?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The funniest part is that he managed to give me a thumbs up on that post in under 60 seconds from me posting it, even though he wasn't logged on when it was posted.

Almost as if he had nothing better to do all day. Spooky eh :lolol:

Amusing asides, back on topic

He gives me regular thumbs ups when I comment on his illogical posts. I guess it avoids stumbling into a tangle of incoherence (his more recent alternative to his previous whataboutery). I'm sure he'll be along again in a minute with a flaccid quip that will later get a thumbs up from das reich. If you really don't care about the difference between truth and lies, why bother trolling people on a football thread? Weird :shrug:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The only people I see defending Johnson nowadays are those moronic Johnson fanboys on Twitter with 7 union jacks in their Twitter handle, stuff like "no woke bollocks here, backing Britain and Boris" in their profile, as if they are the only ones virtuously PROUD of their country, but are too thick and ignorant to bother with learning how to spell in English, and thus use "would/could of" and the wrong "there/their/they're" with embarrassing regularity.

These people are a lost cause (too thick, too ignorant), but surely everybody else wants this incompetent liar out of office now?

I can't imagine there's anyone but the most extreme scrapings of the barrel want him in power now.

However the real issue is who would replace him ?

Sunak has no experience and dodgy connections, Truss is an idiot and Gove nobody trusts (and don't forget, introduced Cummings) and are all tarred by the current f***wittery. Javid left the Cabinet when Johnson/Cummings wouldn't let him have his own SPADS, but then backed down and has rejoined the clowns union. I have no doubt that Johnson is gone but suspect the delay is in trying to find his successor.

And whoever comes in has the double poisoned chalice of Covid and Brexit :shrug:

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
The big problem they have is that brexit is now a reality so they can’t keep saying stuff like “they need us more” when we have had to cave in every time because the truth is we need them more. They can’t say “no deal is better than a bad deal” having signed a deal with Oz that throws British farmers under the bus. They can’t slate the NI protocol because they agreed it and NI is doing less worse than the rest of us. Etc etc. couple with this the covid impact and the fact that without restrictions we will see more people isolating so services hit and then reality is tough.

All this means that who would want to lead? It is a mess where reality can’t possibly meet the promises. The party is split with the extreme brexiteers like hard man baker attacking dorries. You have tory MPs trying to score points against whitty saying people die because nhs focussed on covid but he calmly points out more would die without restrictions.

Who would want to try and pick up the pieces who might be even a tiny bit electable?

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I can't imagine there's anyone but the most extreme scrapings of the barrel want him in power now.

However the real issue is who would replace him ?

Sunak has no experience and dodgy connections, Truss is an idiot and Gove nobody trusts (and don't forget, introduced Cummings) and are all tarred by the current f***wittery. Javid left the Cabinet when Johnson/Cummings wouldn't let him have his own SPADS, but then backed down and has rejoined the clowns union. I have no doubt that Johnson is gone but suspect the delay is in trying to find his successor.

And whoever comes in has the double poisoned chalice of Covid and Brexit :shrug:

Didn’t see this before I replied. Similar points, I think.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
That's an interesting question. A few weeks ago I would have said Dom. But now I think it is likely to be those who fear he is betraying Brexit and destroying the country with 'needless' Covid restrictions (vide the Lord Brexit flounce last week). Unless the detractors are homogenous their end game(s) will differ. I find it hard to put myself into the mind of an unhinged member of the tory fringe so I can't decide what the end game might be.

The swift resolution will come only when mainstream tory MPs decide that Johnson is an election liability, like they did when they shoved out mad Maggie Thatcher.

It seems reasonable likely to me that it is someone, or some group, who think he is 'betraying Brexit'.

I'm sure the same group think Covid restrictions are needless too, but that probably just a bonus for them. Apparently lots of Brexit related stuff coming up in the new year and what better way to strong arm / blackmail / oust the stooge and replace with someone more 'compliant'?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
There is a part of me that wants the Tories back in, just to watch them handle this mess as it gets worse. Then I remember it's always the vulnerable that end up paying for their incompetence - more homeless on the streets, more child poverty, that sort of thing. So on balance I'd really rather some proper politicians got in and did right by the country instead, starting with implementing a new voting method that was fit for purpose.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It seems reasonable likely to me that it is someone, or some group, who think he is 'betraying Brexit'.

I'm sure the same group think Covid restrictions are needless too, but that probably just a bonus for them. Apparently lots of Brexit related stuff coming up in the new year and what better way to strong arm / blackmail / oust the stooge and replace with someone more 'compliant'?

Interestingly, I suspect a 'group' too. I think there are too many stories to be from a single source and if there was a single source, I'm sure Johnson's crew would have shut it down. But it could be the Brexit/Covid extremists or the opposite, the 'one nation' conservatives as they both have long standing connections and are probably capable of this. The 'one nation' group would be extremely powerful headed by Rory Stewart had he not been chased out by the Brexit extremists.

And Gove, who introduced Cummings to power has been frighteningly quiet. Do two constitute a group ?

It seems Cameron's solution to covering the cracks within the party has worked well (for 6 years at least).

Maybe we should have a poll :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Indeed. They seem to be beyond redemption once they have acquired a type of strident self-confident ignorance that is undermined by nothing. These people remind me of the Cartman character in South Park. Even when he was beaten to a pulp by Wendy he was still sufficiently deluded to act like it was his win.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
There is a part of me that wants the Tories back in, just to watch them handle this mess as it gets worse. Then I remember it's always the vulnerable that end up paying for their incompetence - more homeless on the streets, more child poverty, that sort of thing. So on balance I'd really rather some proper politicians got in and did right by the country instead, starting with implementing a new voting method that was fit for purpose.

My thoughts exactly :thumbsup:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
As HWT points out above though, there are still some for whom Johnson could shit in their dinner and they would keep lapping it up, and a lot of those are the people who have suffered the most under his reign. Facts and evidence mean nothing to them :shrug:

It remains a big problem. Johnson is a serial liar and admitting they have been played over and over ain't easy. Its a disease

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
There HAS to be the Big One lined up, ready to be leaked on Thursday night, I would imagine / hope.

The one that no amount of dissembling, bluff, bluster and "All guidance was followed and furthermore, what I think the British people are really interested in is... " [Reel off list of bland platitudes, including, but not limited to, skills / building back / leveling up / climate / global trade] can defuse.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
There HAS to be the Big One lined up ready to be leaked on Thursday night, I would imagine / hope.

The one that no amount of dissembling, bluff, bluster and "All guidance was followed and furthermore, what I think the British people are really interested in is... " [Reel off list of bland platitudes, including, but not limited to, skills / building back / leveling up / climate / global trade]

I think there's many of us that would hope so, but unless there has been an awful lot going on in the background, would they drop this before they have their preferred replacement in position ? I've got a horrible feeling that Brentford 8.00 on Boxing day may still be the highlight of Xmas :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here