Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
This is May 2020. The height of the first lockdown. The following month my siblings and I were having a zoom discussion to decide who among us attended my Step Father’s funeral.

There about twice the amount of people in Johnson’s garden that we were allowed at his funeral.
And none of us were allowed to gather for a drink after.

Have you read the room wrong? The new shut down? I don’t know but you have definitely got this wrong. Badly wrong.

Indeed.

And the thing is the lies and deceptions along with it - as much as the event. Even now, they're saying it was a business meeting. What's Carrie and baby Johnson doing at a work meeting - what was 'necessary' for her to be there for? And earlier, they said that it was his garden, so it would be natural that he & Carrie would be in it. Fine - so what were Cummings and the other bloke doing at their table. They really can't have it both ways can they.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Cheers, Happy Christmas to you too.
Screenshot 2021-12-20 at 18.57.06.png

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Yep.... it's back at all of us.

Well, we can take a little comfort in the fact that at least we weren't stupid enough to vote for him to shaft us, twice :wink:

And those of us who were able to, took appropriate measures to make sure he didn't shaft us at all.

Dinner time :wave:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If it’s a meeting why are people out of ear shot of each other? Also, I can’t see anyone taking minutes in the photo but obviously there will be minutes if it’s an official meeting. Let’s have a look at them, please?

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
If it’s a meeting why are people out of ear shot of each other? Also, I can’t see anyone taking minutes in the photo but obviously there will be minutes if it’s an official meeting. Let’s have a look at them, please?

According to Raab, 'Not all meetings have minutes'...... they really do take us for mugs.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Oh, okay. I think. I'm not arty so its lost on me.

He talks about it in this interview at 10:39 and [MENTION=5384]Norman Potting[/MENTION] was right with his Wheres Wally? reference.

And Alan Brazil at 16:25.

Last edited:

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017

Don't be so pedantic, clearly you don't have to be able to hear others involved in a work meeting! They were probably 'Zooming' the other table anyway. It was clearly a work meeting & everyone now gets pi**ed at work meetings due to the stress of the pandemic! :shrug::

Just catching up on the days news...WOW....they even lie about the garden gathering being work.

Even if it is was, they should have been setting a FU*KING example and only meeting in pairs if that.

They just cannot help themselves can they. It's not just Johnson, it's this whole bunch of extreme Conservatives who have taken over the party and are taking the Tories to a cliff edge into the unknown.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Just catching up on the days news...WOW....they even lie about the garden gathering being work.

Even if it is was, they should have been setting a FU*KING example and only meeting in pairs if that.

They just cannot help themselves can they. It's not just Johnson, it's this whole bunch of extreme Conservatives who have taken over the party and are taking the Tories to a cliff edge into the unknown.

No laptops
No notebooks
Wine
Cheese
Wife n kids
People laying on the grass

They are laughing at us all...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Well, we can take a little comfort in the fact that at least we weren't stupid enough to vote for him to shaft us, twice :wink:

And those of us who were able to, took appropriate measures to make sure he didn't shaft us at all.

Dinner time :wave:

Well, I take a little comfort in the fact that at least I wasn't stupid enough ....
:moo:

Having someone edit my posts and then quote them. Takes me back to the old days before JCFG and pastafarian were banned :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Indeed.

And the thing is the lies and deceptions along with it - as much as the event. Even now, they're saying it was a business meeting. What's Carrie and baby Johnson doing at a work meeting - what was 'necessary' for her to be there for? And earlier, they said that it was his garden, so it would be natural that he & Carrie would be in it. Fine - so what were Cummings and the other bloke doing at their table. They really can't have it both ways can they.

Yes, of course they can. The public don't care. Look higher up the thread. Young 'is it PotG' is laughing at you and others who think Johnson is somehow not a great prime minister. I suspect he represents the thinking of your average semi-detached prole better than the rest of us. Threads like this are just an echo chamber.

There will be people who have lost relatives due to Covid yet remain happy that Johnson has got Brexit done. One can pity the fools, but neither pity nor fulmination will turn the tide. Increasingly I feel that only a back stabbing (metaphorically speaking) will release us from this shit wizzard.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Having someone edit my posts and then quote them. Takes me back to the old days before JCFG and pastafarian were banned :lolol:

Ah. Editing a post quote. That's scummy behaviour on a message board. The sort of thing you'd do if you actively support a politician knowing they lie. The arrogance of someone who thinks their 'truth' is better than your truth. Who knew? ???

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Increasingly I feel that only a back stabbing (metaphorically speaking) will release us from this shit wizzard.

Unfortunately, I think it could be a case of 'better the devil you know'.

Yes, Johnson is a shit wizard, but who is behind the leaks and what is their 'end game'?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here