Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Basically , it’s no indoor hospitality, the bubble thing of 2 households outside, 30 mourners at funerals, 15, guests at Weddings, WFH, no foreign holidays.

Wouldn't get through Parliament IMO - would kill pubs, restaurants, hotels and set the precedent of a yearly lockdown or similar when (as seems likely) we have new variants every winter.

Too many Tories against it and I imagine quite a few Labour MPs too, unless it was for a very specific period (say two / three weeks)

Make your own mind up if you want to go to the pub, concert, a football match etc.

(Very) regular testing and getting the booster far more important.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Apparently it's kicking off between the pro and anti lockdown camps in this 'Cabinet meeting'.

With one Tory demanding to know who ate the last slice of Brie...

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Wouldn't get through Parliament IMO - would kill pubs, restaurants, hotels and set the precedent of a yearly lockdown or similar when (as seems likely) we have new variants every winter.

Too many Tories against it and I imagine quite a few Labour MPs too, unless it was for a very specific period (say two / three weeks)

Make your own mind up if you want to go to the pub, concert, a football match etc.

I agree with regular testing and boosters but that must be in conjunction with rigourous checking and a fool proof way of checking lateral flow test results rather than the current system which is pathetic.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Apparently it's kicking off between the pro and anti lockdown camps in this 'Cabinet meeting'.

You mean Cabernet meeting?

(c) Kate Robbins

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

I heard it was an argument over whether the wine served should be red or white.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

What would kill all of these businesses is a period of lockdown by stealth. If it needs to happen again, they should do it and find the financial support for businesses and staff.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Wes Streeting MP

(@wesstreeting)

People just want to be able to plan ahead. For businesses this is essential. The Prime Minister’s dither and delay has nothing to do with public health, everything to do with his party, and is costing the country dear.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
BJ's problem is that to bring in more restrictions he will have to rely on the Labour party to vote them through as his own MP's will rebel.

Will he want to upset his party and rely on the Labour party?

Or keep his party happy and go for no more restrictions?

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
'Cheers everybody - enjoy yourselves this Christmas!'

Screenshot 2021-12-20 at 16.04.10.png

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
BJ has bent over to the back benchers..

Boris Johnson has just been speaking after this afternoon's cabinet meeting.

He says ministers agree the current situation is "extremely difficult".

"The arguments either way are finely balanced," he says noting that cases of Omicron are "surging and hospitalisations are rising quite steeply in London".

He says that the government will keep data under "constant review" and that "we will have to reserve the possibility of taking further action to protect the public and our NHS".

"We won't hesitate to take action," he says and urges the public to exercise caution and get vaccinated.

"It could not be more urgent," he adds.

Asked what kind of measures the government will take he replies: "We're looking at all kinds of things... we will rule nothing out."

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
"We won't hesitate to take action," says the man hesitating to take action.

“Right, now that is sorted, let’s find who the bloody hell is responsible for leaking these pictures….what!” says the buffoon who is thinking about something else entirely different.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Why? Does he fancy her or something?

I believe it's because she 'epitomises Britishness'. She's much more prominent in his earlier work but her image has become harder and harder to find.

%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F378eab7a-4fcf-11e9-ab3c-aad12815c817.jpg

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If that's a party, glad I wasn't invited. Sorry if I'm not reading the room (the new shut down) but this is just a bit of sh1t stirring.

This is May 2020. The height of the first lockdown. The following month my siblings and I were having a zoom discussion to decide who among us attended my Step Father’s funeral.

There about twice the amount of people in Johnson’s garden that we were allowed at his funeral.
And none of us were allowed to gather for a drink after.

Have you read the room wrong? The new shut down? I don’t know but you have definitely got this wrong. Badly wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here