Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
No indoors mixing
Hospitality to shut at 8pm

I think?

Basically , it’s no indoor hospitality, the bubble thing of 2 households outside, 30 mourners at funerals, 15, guests at Weddings, WFH, no foreign holidays.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
No indoors mixing
Hospitality to shut at 8pm

I think?

that would be genius, encouraging families to mix with random people in busy pubs until curfew. who comes up with these "options"?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Basically , it’s no indoor hospitality, the bubble thing of 2 households outside, 30 mourners at funerals, 15, guests at Weddings, WFH, no foreign holidays.

Nailed it. :down:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
that would be genius, encouraging families to mix with random people in busy pubs until curfew. who comes up with these "options"?

I think you can't mix indoors anywhere. So table service only, with only your household

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Surely would include pro football back BCD too? No point doing the above if 30-70k people are going to be allowed to gather at football stadiums?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
F20CAC65-0A78-4DA6-9E81-949DE0C8107C.png

:rotfl:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Surely would include pro football back BCD too? No point doing the above if 30-70k people are going to be allowed to gather at football stadiums?

6BC21013-5FDD-47D3-994C-724A1BF97629.png

I think football is classed as outside, so could be okay.

I think the City game last season was under these restrictions, so maybe a 10,000 limit.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

I laughed, now I'm in a state of despair. The lunatics have taken over the asylum and are on the verge of breaking out into the public at large.

I pray that Johnson can hold them off, and I find it bizarre that I say that.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Johnson no longer has any moral authority to impose restrictions on anybody, regardless of what the scientific advice may be.

In the best interests of the country he should step aside, but of course there is zero possibility of him acting in anybody's interest except his own. What a pitiful excuse of a man he is.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think you can't mix indoors anywhere. So table service only, with only your household

This is what I find so risible about this government, and ironically even Mrs T, a devout labourite, has been riven in the last 18 months over what the advice (it is never a requirement) states and what she should do. Should it be one metre or two? Can we have my son round for Christmas or not? Can I go for a long walk in a secluded spot or not? When the restrictions changed, why was that exactly? Who is making all his stuff up?

Once it became obvious Covid is easily transmissable then I operated an 'if I can punch you in the face you're standing too close' strategy. I rarely went anywhere I might encount members of The Entitled (no masks, lanyads optional). Young Mrs T did the shopping.

With each vaccination I got bolder, to the point where I trusted the club and went to home games, without a mask.

So all this discussion about whether the Tory party (gedditt? ???) was legal or not, in breach of advice or not, is beside the point.

The advice was shit. There were no rules. There was always a get out.

I loath Johnson but I can't get worked up about him having parties. They were all consenting adults, and if one of them was positive they were risking only infecting one another.

And their familes of course. And, er, anyone else they may have come into contact with.

Hmmm.....perhaps it isn't a good look after all. You may be acting within the law, but still be a ****. And, on balance, I am inclined to take the same line over Johnson and chums that Roy Keane allegedly took with a referee, in terms of what he thought, although I'm far to reformed to break NSC's C bomb regulations (which, unlike Covid guidance, are clear and consistent)???.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
27 Dec was always going to be the date. So he couldn't be accused of cancelling Xmas, unfortunately in not doing so, Xmas is cancelled for many already.

It's so critical, with so much demand on healthcare, that we should allow another week of mixing etc just to really make sure they are pushed to their limits

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here