Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I think there's many of us that would hope so, but unless there has been an awful lot going on in the background, would they drop this before they have their preferred replacement in position ? I've got a horrible feeling that Brentford 8.00 on Boxing day may still be the highlight of Xmas :down:

In that case, we're all ****ed.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
There HAS to be the Big One lined up, ready to be leaked on Thursday night, I would imagine / hope.

The one that no amount of dissembling, bluff, bluster and "All guidance was followed and furthermore, what I think the British people are really interested in is... " [Reel off list of bland platitudes, including, but not limited to, skills / building back / leveling up / climate / global trade] can defuse.
I'm looking forward to Thursday's season finale.

Luckily the new series starts in January as well.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Someone replied to that video saying that Ally Pally is north London so therefore metropolitan elite. I am guessing the darts crowd at Ally Pally is not that different to when I used to go to Wolverhampton civic hall for the match play in November. I would not describe the superheroes I had breakfast next to in weatherspoons getting smashed at 9am as metropolitan elite. Maybe Wolverhampton is just different.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Recent polling suggesting Boris Johnson is now less popular with the UK public than Prince Andrew.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
There HAS to be the Big One lined up, ready to be leaked on Thursday night, I would imagine / hope.

The one that no amount of dissembling, bluff, bluster and "All guidance was followed and furthermore, what I think the British people are really interested in is... " [Reel off list of bland platitudes, including, but not limited to, skills / building back / leveling up / climate / global trade] can defuse.

Had there actually been a shortage of turkey, it could have been a sex tape. So no-one would have had an appetite and no-one would notice or care about the lack of festive meat. The day before, Rees-Mogg would have gone LARGE on companies selling anti sickness remedies.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Recent polling suggesting Boris Johnson is now less popular with the UK public than Prince Andrew.

Well to be fair if there's one thing Prince Andrew hasn't been doing in the last couple of years it's appearing in public and getting too close to people.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Well to be fair if there's one thing Prince Andrew hasn't been doing in the last couple of years it's appearing in public and getting too close to people.

Has a history of giving "jabs" and "boosters" to the younger folk as well, so I believe. Now regrets he didn't wear a mask whilst doing so though.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but Cummings is in the photo that is being used to discredit Boris.

Doesn't this lend credence to HWT's theory that the Judas is not Cummings?

If you want to discredit somebody, why would you choose a photo that places you at the scene of the crime?

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
I know this all feels like it's being organised by one person / group of people looking to oust Boris, but I'm beginning to think it may not be quite as centrally coordinated as we think. I'm thinking the May 2020 leak-and-photo may have come from a different source, and the reason it's been sat on so long is because whoever had it a) knew it wasn't enough on its own to be a killer blow, and b) therefore waited until they could add it to an existing controversy to add pressure.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but Cummings is in the photo that is being used to discredit Boris.

If you want to discredit somebody, why would you choose a photo that places you at the scene of the crime?

But it doesn't matter, Cummins is off the scene for now. I'm not sure its that relevant whether he's in the photo or not?

Wonder if it came off CCTV, we know from the Hancock bust someone has access to this

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

Because he is out - all of his digs in the past have had a touch of "mea culpa" about them. He has one goal - revenge.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

I think Cummings is a complex character and so are his attacks.

Cummings could equally defend the gathering but damage the Prime Minister for lying about it.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Some good answers to my comment, all of which I have a lot of time for.

Could the picture have come from CCTV? Yes, absolutely.
Does he have just one goal - revenge? Almost certainly.
Could he defend the gathering, but damage Boris for lying about it? An interesting one, which hadn't occurred to me.

Clearly, Cummings' name is the one in the frame. The truth is, I just want it to be Gove, as he's the one I detest the most.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Because he is out - all of his digs in the past have had a touch of "mea culpa" about them. He has one goal - revenge.

Why does he want revenge? He may think Johnson is a useless prick, and he may think it better for the country to see Johnson removed, but I'm not sure where the revenge comes in. That said I'm not saying he wasn't the leaker. It's just that there are several in the frame.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Why does he want revenge? He may think Johnson is a useless prick, and he may think it better for the country to see Johnson removed, but I'm not sure where the revenge comes in. That said I'm not saying he wasn't the leaker. It's just that there are several in the frame.

You just have to listen to his rants since leaving. Drops subtle hints about photos of parties just before the emerge in the papers.

Not just me that thinks it, either. Across the political spectrum of media.

https://news.sky.com/story/dominic-...revealing-document-on-covid-strategy-12310015

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/dominic-cummings-exacts-revenge-boris-johnson-b937398.html

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/dominic-cummings-wants-revenge-after-23994918

https://www.cityam.com/dominic-cummings-boris-johnson-pandemic-evidence/

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...at-how-pm-set-the-stage-for-cummingss-revenge

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here