Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Why would Nadine Dorries misspell her own name on WhatsApp?

She hasn't, the names would appear on the basis of how the person who took the screenshot has stored them in their phone.

Even in clearing that up, I always doubt the authenticity of these things until proven otherwise.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Not for me. They need to ditch him quickly before he ****s us all in the jacksy. I have said it before, I'd rather see labour lose the next GE (and I'm a member) if it was because the tories ditch Johnson quickly and replace him with someone decent (that said, the front bench now are a bunch of jack asses, tossers and trusses, so it would need to be an untained back bencher, someone who nobody has ever heard of).

Fair enough. I just cannot think of any 'big name' tory who has a public service ethos and I would really hate to see them become (temporarily) revitalised under new leadership..... they are just so toxic to the unity and well being of the country.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Be great to see Johnson go against his will. Just out of pure spite, I’d like to see him sacked. And he does need to go, he’s a terrible human being and a catastrophic leader.
Unfortunately that still leaves a lot of scumbags in government. They all need to go. However, the elephant in the room;

Whatever side you’re on we would all agree, Britain will not be Great again until somebody with some cajones sets about reversing Brexit. The country wants it. They know this doesn’t work. We need a leader who will deliver Breversal. Until that happens, we are just polishing the brass on the Titanic.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Whatever side you’re on we would all agree, Britain will not be Great again until somebody with some cajones sets about reversing Brexit. The country wants it. They know this doesn’t work. We need a leader who will deliver Breversal.

Jezza's your man.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Imploding possibly. But at the same the ranting of a religious fundamentalist thanked by a potato farmer who thought all British citizens were entitled to an Irish passport.

FG7FShWXsAQSw3x

Time for trial by combat!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Fair enough. I just cannot think of any 'big name' tory who has a public service ethos and I would really hate to see them become (temporarily) revitalised under new leadership..... they are just so toxic to the unity and well being of the country.

The problem is, due our political system, we need a strong opposition to hold a government to account - regardless of which way round it is. We currently have a weak Labour Party ( albeit it that Starmer does appear to be improving it ) and a shambles of a Tory Party / Government. Even if we had a GE tomorrow ( or obviously this Thursday ) and Labour won - we'd have a weak opposition in the Tories. I don't much care to a certain extent which party governs - I just want them to be held to account by the opposition. Something we've been lacking in this country for quite some while.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Be great to see Johnson go against his will. Just out of pure spite, I’d like to see him sacked. And he does need to go, he’s a terrible human being and a catastrophic leader.
Unfortunately that still leaves a lot of scumbags in government. They all need to go. However, the elephant in the room;

Whatever side you’re on we would all agree, Britain will not be Great again until somebody with some cajones sets about reversing Brexit. The country wants it. They know this doesn’t work. We need a leader who will deliver Breversal. Until that happens, we are just polishing the brass on the Titanic.

I want him to be dragged out of No. 10 by the police. Churchillian my arse!

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
The problem is, due our political system, we need a strong opposition to hold a government to account - regardless of which way round it is. We currently have a weak Labour Party ( albeit it that Starmer does appear to be improving it ) and a shambles of a Tory Party / Government. Even if we had a GE tomorrow ( or obviously this Thursday ) and Labour won - we'd have a weak opposition in the Tories. I don't much care to a certain extent which party governs - I just want them to be held to account by the opposition. Something we've been lacking in this country for quite some while.

Thank you for a reasoned impersonal response.

I would go with any Party that advocates a fairer, less adversarial system; in the meantime I must endorse any legitimate attempt to overthrow the current divisive regime….it is the public that must hold the government to account in my opinion.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I mean to be fair, if there was one MP I would bet to misspell their own name consistently...

Bit unfair. What about Liz Truss, Dominic Raab, Matt Hancock, Kwasi Kwarteng, George Eustace, Oliver Dowden, Suella Braverman - I could go on :wink:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Boris allegedly been caught with his pants down. More to break this week…as I say allegedly…

Mods, please delete if considered inappropriate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here