Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Our London Mayor often goes missing, he did ask for a police investigation a week ago but I'm surprised he isn't at the forefront putting pressure on the MET.

But that's Sadiq (not as bad as the last one) Khan all over.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
or there were drinks and nibbles at the town hall.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
And completely under the radar, the new head of the Charity Commission has resigned before even starting his job for inappropriate behaviour in a previous job that was investigated and the complaints upheld.

https://www.theguardian.com/society...og-resigns-week-after-his-appointment-to-role

Relevance ?

He was appointed because the Government saw “a worrying trend in some charities that appear to have been hijacked by a vocal minority seeking to burnish their woke credentials”.

i.e. a thinly coded warning to anyone that dares to criticise the Government and comes from the Government website itself !

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/...n-appointment-of-new-charity-commission-chair

So who is this man ?

Oh he just happens to be a personal friend of Boris Johnson since they studied at University together, he even gifted him an antique Russian watch when he was London Mayor.

All in plain site, expand April 2013

https://www.london.gov.uk/people/mayoral/boris-johnson-mp-past-staff/gifts-hospitality

All here

https://goodlawproject.org/update/charity-commission-chair-martin/.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Question; does the Mayor of London have any clout in the city of Westminster?

The Good Law project is on it. The Met has been informed that not investigating is unlawful.
https://goodlawproject.org/news/new-met-police-likely-unlawful/?

Very much should do in terms of the Police since:

The mayor is London's defacto police and crime commissioner and oversees police spending as well as dictating the capital's policing strategy through a police and crime plan.

It was in that context Johnson was investigated for the conflict of interest arising from his affair with Jennifer Arcuri. Johnson was investigated by the IOPC. He was cleared in the respect of not breaking the law, but they recommended he should be investigated for his conduct in public life.

I understand those enquiries are still ongoing at the GLA and Arcuri has passed over new information (*). The Police are under pressure to re-open their own original investigation.

Khan has gone missing here I'm afraid.

(*) Probably complicated by the fact Arcuri has re-invented herself as a full on bat-shit crazy anti-vaxxer / conspiracy theorist online.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Our London Mayor often goes missing, he did ask for a police investigation a week ago but I'm surprised he isn't at the forefront putting pressure on the MET.

But that's Sadiq (not as bad as the last one) Khan all over.

Perhaps he resides in a glass house on this issue.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
[tweet]1471971255901474819[/tweet]

:lolol:

I'm not sure anyone reads that comic any more.

This is an utterly rancid administration. Nothing to do with party politics, left wing or right wing. They've blown all that out the window.

Supporters of the Conservative party really need to wise up. Just like millions of those who are Labour leaning did when Corbyn and his merry bunch of morons took over the party.

Unless it sorts itself out and dumps Johnson (and a number of others) it is heading for many years out of power.

If it dumps him before a Covid Inquiry it might just get away with it.

Everything is cyclic and when the pathetic Lib Dems smash the Tories out the water the plates are shifting again.

Last edited:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I think Cummings has everything to gain. This time last year he walked out the front door of Downing Street carrying a cardboard box, in a carefully choreographed departure for the benefit of the press. He'd effectively been sacked by Carrie Symonds following a No:10 power struggle that saw his cohort of advisors replaced by her friends and Johnson was too weak to keep him. So for me, Cummings is out to destroy Johnson and Symonds and there is no motivation greater than exacting personal revenge. If, as a result, his former boss Michael Gove is installed as PM, then that will be an added bonus for him.

Who else but the self-styled 'disruptor' has the material, contacts and motivation to bring down a PM? I'm sure this is a carefully calculated campaign by Cummings - and if it is, Johnson stands no chance.

Interesting. You might be right. One possible argument against is that Cummings went on his merry way in Nov 2020.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Interesting. You might be right. One possible argument against is that Cummings went on his merry way in Nov 2020.

I'm sure that Cummings is vindictive enough, and is probably clever enough, but a lot of his power came through and went with Johnson. If I were a betting man, I would lay my money on a very small number of 'one nation' conservatives with long standing contacts trying to get their party back from where it now finds itself.

Or maybe I just have a romantic notion that some politicians actually believe in what they say :wink:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I just hope Johnston stays PM long enough to permanently damage the Tories; he manages to besmirch all who align themselves with him but there is still a little bit more work to be done to trash some reputations completely.... he can do it!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I just hope Johnston stays PM long enough to permanently damage the Tories; he manages to besmirch all who align themselves with him but there is still a little bit more work to be done to trash some reputations completely.... he can do it!

Not for me. They need to ditch him quickly before he ****s us all in the jacksy. I have said it before, I'd rather see labour lose the next GE (and I'm a member) if it was because the tories ditch Johnson quickly and replace him with someone decent (that said, the front bench now are a bunch of jack asses, tossers and trusses, so it would need to be an untained back bencher, someone who nobody has ever heard of).

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Not for me. They need to ditch him quickly before he ****s us all in the jacksy. I have said it before, I'd rather see labour lose the next GE (and I'm a member) if it was because the tories ditch Johnson quickly and replace him with someone decent (that said, the front bench now are a bunch of jack asses, tossers and trusses, so it would need to be an untained back bencher, someone who nobody has ever heard of).

There’s only one Liz Truss

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Funny take off of her on last nights DeadRingers R4

Was it a parody? (i.e. did they impersonate her with an actor who made her appear competent?)

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I rarely watch TV these days, Millenial comedy is just reality regurgitated. Satire is dead, its reality.

Rik Mayall would spin wildly in his grave if he knew Alan B'Stard was a better MP than most of the tories present shower.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Lol….sorry Harry i just find their taking the piss out of her funny….they’ve done it well over the last few years…they do most of the politicians well from the two main parties and Lib Dems

Don't apologise!

I'm stuggling to find much to laugh about at the moment, up to and including my desire the tories replace Johnson with someone competent, quickly, even if it means labour lose the next election.

Neither of us are spring chickens. Can you ever remember a government as shambolic and potentially dangerous as this? It was said (though never proven) that Wilson was blackmailed by the Russians. And yet even Wilson seems a benign and considered leader compared with the Johnson :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here