Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'm too techno-incompetent to embed it, but there's a Led by Donkeys video by Ted Hastings that is priceless.

[tweet]1471125380228653060[/tweet]

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Politics For All
@PoliticsForAlI
·
17m
| BREAKING: Parties were hosted in Cabinet Secretary Simon Case’s office - some of which he attended - during lockdown last year. Simon Case is the man doing the investigation into Government Parties

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Politics For All
@PoliticsForAlI
·
17m
���������� | BREAKING: Parties were hosted in Cabinet Secretary Simon Case’s office - some of which he attended - during lockdown last year. Simon Case is the man doing the investigation into Government Parties

Who investigates the investigator?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
They call it government sleaze, it’s not sleaze it’s CORRUPTION.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Now NOT investigating last Christmas, statement soon.

:lolol:

You know it’s bad for the Tories when even Guido Fawkes are going after them.

[MENTION=13018]chris[/MENTION]tiancalgie

44m
Cabinet Office statement is bullshit. As was their original outright denial - something they're now clearly admitting was a lie. Why believe them?

These claims it was a one hour quiz are not true. It went on until late with alcohol and music.

Calgie
If they want to push this latest absurd line they'd better be damn sure none of us have... evidence

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
You know it’s bad for the Tories when even Guido Fawkes are going after them.

44m
Cabinet Office statement is bullshit. As was their original outright denial - something they're now clearly admitting was a lie. Why believe them?

These claims it was a one hour quiz are not true. It went on until late with alcohol and music.

Calgie
If they want to push this latest absurd line they'd better be damn sure none of us have... evidence
Two occasions apparently, doesn't matter what you call them both (if true) against the law.

One pre organised and the other more spontaneously involving less people but where they moved on "to another venue" according to whilstleblowers at the heart of Government.

They are laughing at us.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Two occasions apparently, doesn't matter what you call them both (if true) against the law.

One pre organised and the other more spontaneously involving less people but where they moved on "to another venue" according to whilstleblowers at the heart of Government.

They are laughing at us.

I get the feeling the big reveal is still yet to come, seems numerous sources say they have more

They process seems to be

Announce something happened
Let the minister deny it
Release proof

Maybe Gove doing a line off Pritis tits

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I get the feeling the big reveal is still yet to come, seems numerous sources say they have more

They process seems to be

Announce something happened
Let the minister deny it
Release proof

Maybe Gove doing a line off Pritis tits

It is obviously being closely managed and I can only see three people/groups who have the experience and contacts to manage what has happened so far,

Cummings - the obvious choice, but nothing to gain
Gove - certainly has the contacts over the years
A group of 'one nation' Tories probably backing someone like Hunt.

This is waaay beyond the extremely limited abilities of someone like Truss, the naïve new kid at school Sunak, or any of the rest of Johnson's excitable but totally incompetent appointees to the cabinet :dunce:

Maybe we should we have a poll :wink:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Case replaced by Sue Gray. Another civil servant investigating Christmas parties attended by civil servants.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It is obviously being closely managed and I can only see three people/groups who have the experience and contacts to manage what has happened so far,

Cummings - the obvious choice, but nothing to gain
Gove - certainly has the contacts over the years
A group of 'one nation' Tories probably backing someone like Hunt.

This is waaay beyond the extremely limited abilities of someone like Truss, the naïve new kid at school Sunak, or any of the rest of Johnson's excitable but totally incompetent appointees to the cabinet :dunce:

Maybe we should we have a poll :wink:

Or a set of rule following civil servants who are angry ?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Nothing will happen. There will be zero consequences. We live in a dictatorship.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Sorry, not a chance, nothing to gain (which is the thing that puts me off it being Cummings), but everything to lose :shrug:

I think Cummings has everything to gain. This time last year he walked out the front door of Downing Street carrying a cardboard box, in a carefully choreographed departure for the benefit of the press. He'd effectively been sacked by Carrie Symonds following a No:10 power struggle that saw his cohort of advisors replaced by her friends and Johnson was too weak to keep him. So for me, Cummings is out to destroy Johnson and Symonds and there is no motivation greater than exacting personal revenge. If, as a result, his former boss Michael Gove is installed as PM, then that will be an added bonus for him.

Who else but the self-styled 'disruptor' has the material, contacts and motivation to bring down a PM? I'm sure this is a carefully calculated campaign by Cummings - and if it is, Johnson stands no chance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here