Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'm sure that Cummings is vindictive enough, and is probably clever enough, but a lot of his power came through and went with Johnson. If I were a betting man, I would lay my money on a very small number of 'one nation' conservatives with long standing contacts trying to get their party back from where it now finds itself.

Or maybe I just have a romantic notion that some politicians actually believe in what they say :wink:

I would just be speculating on your first point but, as to your second, I don't like that accusation that politicians aren't in it for their views, values, ideas, concerns, etc. For the most part, they are. Johnson, on the other hand, is in it for himself. He's got a dreadful understanding of history, which involves 'the great man' theory, and is convinced he's one of them. He's just like Trump on that front, amongst others.
Consistent with others of that view of history, however, he loves a hierarchy, and that commitment supersedes his relativism.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Don't apologise!

I'm stuggling to find much to laugh about at the moment, up to and including my desire the tories replace Johnson with someone competent, quickly, even if it means labour lose the next election.

Neither of us are spring chickens. Can you ever remember a government as shambolic and potentially dangerous as this? It was said (though never proven) that Wilson was blackmailed by the Russians. And yet even Wilson seems a benign and considered leader compared with the Johnson :shrug:

Totally understand…a bit of humour keeps me going ….it wasn’t their best show I believe John Culshaw wasn’t in it this week …but as I said it takes the piss out of most politicians and to my ears doesn’t have a bias hapsrt from taking the piss)…the sketch involving the Lib Dem leader was welcome as I might actually remember his name now :whistle:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Totally understand…a bit of humour keeps me going ….it wasn’t their best show I believe John Culshaw wasn’t in it this week …but as I said it takes the piss out of most politicians and to my ears doesn’t have a bias hapsrt from taking the piss)…the sketch involving the Lib Dem leader was welcome as I might actually remember his name now :whistle:

I will try to remember to tune in. If a wry smile creeps across my face like thief in the night then I'll call it a result :thumbsup:

(The trouble is, I remember how long it took for Major and his crew of back-stabbers to begone, despite weekly defenestration by the likes of Spitting Image; patience is not one of my virtues :wink:)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I will try to remember to tune in. If a wry smile creeps across my face like thief in the night then I'll call it a result :thumbsup:

(The trouble is, I remember how long it took for Major and his crew of back-stabbers to begone, despite weekly defenestration by the likes of Spitting Image; patience is not one of my virtues :wink:)

Available on bbc sounds this weeks and last week shows….of course what makes one person laugh doesn’t necessarily make another :)
Ps preferred their last series

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Well, who believes anything they 'learn' from the BBC? ???

People have been writing nonsense about this all evening, quoting second hand 'information' they have heard on the radio.

Nothing to see here. Full steam ahead with hands, face and space, and clear guidance on what to do at your office Christmas party, and levelling up!

:facepalm:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I would just be speculating on your first point but, as to your second, I don't like that accusation that politicians aren't in it for their views, values, ideas, concerns, etc. For the most part, they are. Johnson, on the other hand, is in it for himself. He's got a dreadful understanding of history, which involves 'the great man' theory, and is convinced he's one of them. He's just like Trump on that front, amongst others.
Consistent with others of that view of history, however, he loves a hierarchy, and that commitment supersedes his relativism.

Sorry, there was more than a hint of sarcasm in my post and, having had experience of working with politicians/ministers of all political hues, I'm fully aware of the number who are honest and hardworking (even when I didn't agree with them). But it looks like thing have moved since our posts :wink:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It’s all kicking off with Steve Baker & Nadine Dorris on WhatsApp but reproduced on Twitter.
Where’s Jackie Weaver when you need her?
I wonder how many tweets will be deleted in the morning when people are sober?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It’s all kicking off with Steve Baker & Nadine Dorris on WhatsApp but reproduced on Twitter.
Where’s Jackie Weaver when you need her?
I wonder how many tweets will be deleted in the morning when people are sober?

Imploding possibly. But at the same the ranting of a religious fundamentalist thanked by a potato farmer who thought all British citizens were entitled to an Irish passport.

FG7FShWXsAQSw3x

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Much as I’d love that to be true, RS Archer is a fake account and anything it tweets should be taken with a large pinch of salt.. He, whoever he is, got some Twitter fame by writing a thread about a British couple he lived near in France who were shocked at the fact that they no longer had the same rights post Brexit. Whilst I’m sure there are plenty of cases across Europe of Brexit-supporting ex pats (immigrants to use the correct term) who have been surprised that their lives will be affected, this particular story was fictional.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here