Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
All of the cabinet is infected now, we need a clean break. Get Jeremy Hunt in (I'll try to forget the junior doctors thing, but he is still a Tory), this we get some some credibility back with someone boring who just gets on with governing

I actually named Hunt in a draft for my previous post. He's been quietly restoring his rep since lockdown started. Expressed reasonable criticism of Boris, but otherwise kept his head down. I think he wants to be PM, and I think he might be a good person to take the job. Cabinet experience (row with junior doctors notwithstanding), and I think the right mix of boring stability that is needed post-Boris.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Hunt is definitely doing a bit of light training, including the "we made mistakes when I was Health Minister" warm up.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hunt is definitely doing a bit of light training, including the "we made mistakes when I was Health Minister" warm up.

Hunt is the obvious best of the very bad bunch but this comment is also not his finest hour given Russia's attempts to reclaim a sovereign independent former USSR state.

https://news.sky.com/story/foreign-...ompares-eu-to-prison-of-soviet-union-11513718

Still, until the Crime Minister actually goes, and we see who is standing it is impossible to have a favourite beyond ruling out the obvious "most grim".

There are 1 or 2 better than Hunt, I suspect. Wallace and Ellwood spring to mind instantly.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

We?
He’d sell off the NHS as soon as he could.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Will the hard right nutjobs, led by 'Brexit hard-man' Steve Baker, accept a Remainer as leader, or will they be a permanent thorn in his side?

Well given what they did to May ???

Mind you, they did get their preferred swivel-eyed nutjob and that hasn't exactly worked out, has it :lolol:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Hunt is the obvious best of the very bad bunch but this comment is also not his finest hour given Russia's attempts to reclaim a sovereign independent former USSR state.

https://news.sky.com/story/foreign-...ompares-eu-to-prison-of-soviet-union-11513718

Still, until the Crime Minister actually goes, and we see who is standing it is impossible to have a favourite beyond ruling out the obvious "most grim".

There are 1 or 2 better than Hunt, I suspect. Wallace and Ellwood spring to mind instantly.

A lot of Tory members though still have an obsession with Lizz "CTRL C, CTRL V" Truss, I have a friend who worked with her before she entered politics. I don't like what I hear.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Seems a little crazy that a new leader could come in and be PM. The manifesto they put forward could be so far removed from what the electorate voted for. However, I accept that nobody would replace their leader if that scenario existed
It's never happened before of course....

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Raab sent out this morning in an attempt to dampen expectations that 54 is / will be reached with a vote to take place next week.

This afternoon, it's Dorries - who apparently believes this is all an ambition-fuelled plot by 1 or 2 Tory MPs witht he vast majority of the Tory party 100% behind Boris. Oh and the entire Partygate thing is only relevant within Westminster now and the electorate just want to move on.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Hmm.

A lot to unpack with today’s Boris Johnson interview for Mumsnet. It starts off fairly skewering him. But then melts into a homely and at times, sycophantic and chummy conversation.

You can see how he wins people round. I was almost courted into a begrudging empathy for the man until my senses kicked in again and I realised “you’re a ****ing liar”.

Ultimately I came away feeling dirty. Like I’d been groomed. Because he almost had me fooled at times.

I’m loathed to say it, because I know he’s a rancid, lying, deceitful bin-bag full of tramp shit but yes, I can see why simpletons fall for his schtick.

Having said that, it’s interesting to watch him answer some pretty tough and frank questions outside of PMQ’s when we don’t have the jeering mob of overgrown toddlers yelling and hollering over the answers. And that jeering comes from both sides, might I add.

It’s twenty minutes but rather worth your time, I think.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=irhtoo35VQo

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Hmm.

A lot to unpack with today’s Boris Johnson interview for Mumsnet. It starts off fairly skewering him. But then melts into a homely and at times, sycophantic and chummy conversation.

You can see how he wins people round. I was almost courted into a begrudging empathy for the man until my senses kicked in again and I realised “you’re a ****ing liar”.

Ultimately I came away feeling dirty. Like I’d been groomed. Because he almost had me fooled at times.

I’m loathed to say it, because I know he’s a rancid, lying, deceitful bin-bag full of tramp shit but yes, I can see why simpletons fall for his schtick.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=irhtoo35VQo

Has he offered to sit down with [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] yet to answer NSC questions? ???

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
He was going to but Guinness Boy banned him ;-) quite rightly.
And POTG kept PM’ing him requesting dick pics.

kenneth-williams-leespoons.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here