Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Disagree. Hence my point. We have a government of complete liars completely lacking in any moral compass. If they could control the media they would and a lot of the country would go along with whatever they said. See that big red NHS bus, levelling up etc etc etc etc.

I agree.

Whilst Putin is just a whole different level to Boris the Liar, the fundamental mechanic of constantly lying is the same. The comparison is valid. Johnson also has zero compassion, but unlike Putin, is much better at deceiving voters that he actually gives a shit about anyone else in this life; he cares not one jot about anyone else, he’s a sociopath.

I don’t think it would be a war but if Boris the Liar was in charge for as long as Putin has been, I could see him bringing this Country to it’s knees, just in the same way that Russia has committed economic suicide. The sooner the worst PM of modern times is kicked out the better.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I agree.

Whilst Putin is just a whole different level to Boris the Liar, the fundamental mechanic of constantly lying is the same. The comparison is valid. Johnson also has zero compassion, but unlike Putin, is much better at deceiving voters that he actually gives a shit about anyone else in this life; he cares not one jot about anyone else, he’s a sociopath.

I don’t think it would be a war but if Boris the Liar was in charge for as long as Putin has been, I could see him bringing this Country to it’s knees, just in the same way that Russia has committed economic suicide. The sooner the worst PM of modern times is kicked out the better.

Your comment is spot on; thanks.

I am consoled by the many comments of condemnation about the lying PM I read on here and elsewhere. Perhaps there is hope, but I fear it will not come from the tory benches because they are either too invested in their slippery leader or too afraid to speak up. However, I commend Mark Harper for his words yesterday; he was an exception to the tory rule......

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I agree.

They both get away with as much as they can.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
And the winner of silliest post of the day is...:facepalm:

Geo-politically the biggest beneficiary of Brexit is Russia. They were on team Leave from the start. And let's not forget the Mail's Nazi appeasing history either.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Of course Mail readers are not all the same, but it is difficult to understand how they can accept the poisonous lies the rag spews out daily; I am sure they would swallow the Party line uncritically if they were in Russia.... but this is hypothetical; we have enough problems with them in the UK.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
A 3 line Tory whip to block an investigation into Johnson's behaviour

A chance for the conservatives to do the right thing. They can defy the whip then call for a no confidence vote.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

A chance for the conservatives to do the right thing. They can defy the whip then call for a no confidence vote.
No way ! They have the brass neck to not have a free vote ?

Vote for clowns and end up with a circus, I guess.

Still, it is a litmus test on which to judge our own Tory MP on their sense of right and wrong. I will have my beady eye on how my Tory MP votes.

I expect "Country before Johnson" and if not they will get a strongly worded letter.

Last edited:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Do you take the daily mail, perchance?

No. I read bits of interest from all the papers online. It's fine to joke aboout Mail readers occasionally, same as Guardian readers, Sun readers and the rest. But a few NSC posters seem to believe Mail readers are simple cretins who believe everything they read in it and can't separate fact from opinion, truth from dogma etc. It's become a tired old trope to dilute sensible posts by denigrating others who disagree as Mail readers. Anyway, I'll grab my tin helmet and retire to enjoy the build up to the match. No more peeking at Politics threads today.

Last edited:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Geo-politically the biggest beneficiary of Brexit is Russia. They were on team Leave from the start. And let's not forget the Mail's Nazi appeasing history either.

If you're posting about the Mail, that's fine. If you're suggesting because of my post that I voted for Brexit, you're wrong.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
No way ! They have the brass neck to not have a free vote ?

Vote for clowns and end up with a circus, I guess.

Still, it is a litmus test on which to judge our own Tory MP on their sense of right and wrong. I will have my beady eye on how my Tory MP votes.

wouldn't a free vote allow Tories to weasel out and abstain?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If you're posting about the Mail, that's fine. If you're suggesting because of my post that I voted for Brexit, you're wrong.

Voted against Brexit, but thought Johnson would be the best man to lead the country for the next 5 years regardless ?

That is some combination :wink:

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
wouldn't a free vote allow Tories to weasel out and abstain?
Yes of course but let's ask the question and see who does what.

54 letters is what we need but are there 54 Tories who will put Country before Johnson ?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Disagree. Hence my point. We have a government of complete liars completely lacking in any moral compass. If they could control the media they would and a lot of the country would go along with whatever they said. See that big red NHS bus, levelling up etc etc etc etc.

You have to remember they are chipping away at the media wherever they can. They tried to put Paul Dacre in as chair of Ofcom not once but twice, then there's the attacks on public service broadcasting. Plus GB news and yet more media spread for Murdoch.

The Orban style plan is there...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I'm obviously posting about the Mail, in the context that some Vote Leave messaging was orchestrated by Russia. So they have form.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
You have to remember they are chipping away at the media wherever they can. They tried to put Paul Dacre in as chair of Ofcom not once but twice, then there's the attacks on public service broadcasting. Plus GB news and yet more media spread for Murdoch.

The Orban style plan is there...

GB news looks like a clown show, but seems to be pulling in decent numbers

Why doesn’t a left leaning channel start up? There is nothing stopping them.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Bizarre, without nothing to hide. Why would they want to block any such investigation?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Yes of course but let's ask the question and see who does what.

54 letters is what we need but are there 54 Tories who will put Country before Johnson ?

I think it's more a case of looking after No1. They don't give a **** about the country per se, just self preservation.

as long as the teflon turd stays stuck to the top of the post, they're largely safe.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
GB news looks like a clown show, but seems to be pulling in decent numbers

Why doesn’t a left leaning channel start up? There is nothing stopping them.

No idea, most people just want facts and information on TV news.

Find it bizarre GB News is allowed at all with current Ofcom rules

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
No idea, most people just want facts and information on TV news.

Find it bizarre GB News is allowed at all with current Ofcom rules

What ofcom rules do you think they have broken?

You can get away with a lot as a news outlet

I think given the heat they got at the start of they had broken any they would already have been fined.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here