Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Henry Dyer from Insider says, although Jacob Rees-Mogg has said the government will oppose an inquiry into Boris Johnson by the privileges committee because it is chaired by a Labour MP under Commons rules that committee has to be chaired by an opposition MP.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
the undercard is proving quite entertaining with Priti Patel being completely taken apart over her desperate 'quick look over there' Rwanda policy by Yvette Cooper, Theresa May and others

Still no timings, numbers, costs etc and the SNP MP has just called it out as a dead cat :lolol:

I hate to say it but Patel just ruined Yvette Cooper. Patel sounded reasonable and well informed. Cooper shounded shrill, and fell into the obvious trap of saying the Rwanda policy wouldn't work and would be expensive. Patel said the cost is on a per person basis so if it doesn't work it will cost nothing. Cooper would have been wiser to have said 'I don't believe this will work, so provided you are not sending people to their deaths in Rawanda (a critical point), let's see how you do with this'. Then, if it flops or doesn't happen labour can say 'told you so'. If it works (leads to a massive fall in illegal crossing of the channel, without loss of life for those marooned in Rwanda) then labour can say 'well done'. Or something.

I suspect that next Johnson will simply state he did not realise he was breaking any rules, now accepts he has, apologizes profusely, nothing to see here. If Labour react with more shrill shouting Johnson will be home and hosed.

Incredibly easy, all this.

Labour may well have to have a rethink about how to lay a glove on this shower.

Funny how different people see different things [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
His apology now talking about Ukraine. Is he saying that was his fault as well?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
His apology now talking about Ukraine. Is he saying that was his fault as well?
Loved how he slipped in " I was the first G7 leader to visit President Zelensky... "

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Where has this Starmer been previously? Won't make any difference but about time he showed a bit of emotion.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Kier absolutely nailed depfeffel.

Glorious.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He did but it’ll make zero difference unfortunately

I’m not so sure.

As others have said, if Tory councillors take the kicking they are predicted to next month, I think enough Tory MPs will be cocksure enough to take the lying pig out.

Once there is a vote of no confidence against the nasty blond f*****, I’m confident enough Tory MPs will smell blood and bring this pig of a man down once and for all.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Where has this Starmer been previously? Won't make any difference but about time he showed a bit of emotion.
Can't remember exactly when but Starmer nailed him like this a few months back over the parties, he called upon the Tory backbenchers themselves to " Do the decent Thing " regarding Johnson.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's good that he went after the ultimate throbber Frabic*nt.

Then basically said to the rest of that spineless rabble:-

'Are you no better than this weapon?'

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
The problem is, I fully believe the PM would survive a vote of no confidence before the upcoming polls.

Only a proper battering would have any chance of bringing him down.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
It needs the Met to release more party fines, if Bungle gets more fines hes cooked, he cant keep saying sorry for every fine/party

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
BJ is flying to India so he won't be around for the vote on Thursday.

Obviously he has no concerns that he will lose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here