Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I thought I was making the point that his apparent apology superseded the need to examine every single word spoken.
People here are claiming that he's likening Ukraine's war with Russia and Britain's vote for Brexit. I don't think that's what he was trying to do because I can't see evidence for it.

It seems that your point is that he's apologised for it, so we don't need to worry whether he did it or not. But I clicked your link and there's no quote to say that he apologised for what's being suggested here. No doubt he regrets how it came across because the wording was poorly thought out.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
People here are claiming that he's likening Ukraine's war with Russia and Britain's vote for Brexit. I don't think that's what he was trying to do because I can't see evidence for it.

It seems that your point is that he's apologised for it, so we don't need to worry whether he did it or not. But I clicked your link and there's no quote to say that he apologised for what's being suggested here. No doubt he regrets how it came across because the wording was poorly thought out.

he knew exactly how it would come across, he's an amoral chancer, this one didn't come off

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Do you have his exact, unedited quote?

If he really did compare Ukrainians fighting Russians to British people voting for Brexit, that is incredibly stupid. But I've not yet seen that he's done that.

Just to be clear, I am against BJ. I voted against him last time, and will vote against him next time too.

He drew a comparison. Which is clearly idiotic.

Javid tried to defend him with this quote, “I think most normal people listening to that wouldn’t have drawn that conclusion.”
I think the opposite is true. So did Petro Poroshenko.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Now I can’t be to sure, as I don’t watch the BBC, several people have said Auntie used the doctored footage of the NATO summit in Brussels? This could be the the final nail in the coffin for Auntie. Bit like the fake photos scandal that finished Morgan.

https://twitter.com/m_davis2020/status/1507059353240621064?s=21

https://twitter.com/alstewartobe/status/1507042961003008003?s=21

Can you explain to me why using doctored footage would bother you when you knowingly shared racist doctored footage on this very website?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Keeping it real

[tweet]1506967975278034948[/tweet]

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Keeping it real

[tweet]1506967975278034948[/tweet]
I, like many I imagine, was quite surprised to see Rishi in such a modest car. He borrowed it? What a ****ing shit head.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The surprising thing isn’t that he did it but presumably he thought he’d get away with it

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I've just heard on the news that the Queen and John Major have been involved in some kind of "drubbing incident". Spartacus Mills says the history books will have to be re-written, as everything else will be a footnote.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I, like many I imagine, was quite surprised to see Rishi in such a modest car. He borrowed it? What a ****ing shit head.

Yes. It belongs to a Sainsbury's staff member. So at least someone did ok from the Spring Statement - they got thirty quid of free fuel.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Yes. It belongs to a Sainsbury's staff member. So at least someone did ok from the Spring Statement - they got thirty quid of free fuel.

Knowing the Tories, the staff member probably had to pay Sunak £40 for the privilege of having their car filled up with £30 of petrol for them.....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You think he didn't bill them, or syphon it back out?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Knowing the Tories, the staff member probably had to pay Sunak £40 for the privilege of having their car filled up with £30 of petrol for them.....

Sunak was probably thinking to himself. " Don't worry buddy I will be getting the money back next month when I hike up your NIC "

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here