Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I've just heard on the news that the Queen and John Major have been involved in some kind of "drubbing incident". Spartacus Mills says the history books will have to be re-written, as everything else will be a footnote.

From 28 years ago.......

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1508519348499107845[/tweet]

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Recidivist

Apr 28, 2019
Worthing
Does anyone care anymore?

Johnson etc have gotten away with it

Not so sure about that. Don’t think a few fines are the issue. It’s the full report from Sue Gray that might well do him at last which is, presumably, now imminent?

Tory MPs will have to take a position now and I think they’re going to struggle justifying keeping BJ on given his clear disregard for his own rules.

The situation with Ukraine has certainly deflected attention away from the issue but does anyone really believe that BJ is key to sorting out Putin and his warmongering cronies!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Does anyone care anymore?

Johnson etc have gotten away with it

Certainly the narrative the Tories fanzines in our print media would like to push.

Nothing has changed, they made the rules, they broke the rules...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Certainly the narrative the Tories fanzines in our print media would like to push.

Nothing has changed, they made the rules, they broke the rules...

Its not just the Tory papers, people are seriously worried about the cost of living and Ukraine.

I would wager if you asked the public to rank them in order the parties wouldnt be top of the list to many people

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Its not just the Tory papers, people are seriously worried about the cost of living and Ukraine.

I would wager if you asked the public to rank them in order the parties wouldnt be top of the list to many people

People are still angry over not saying goodbye to family dying, or having a decent funeral whilst politicians and civil servants were committing criminal offences.
It may be a FPN but that is in lieu of a charge. If they refuse the fine, then it’s a charge and magistrates court.
Then there’s the problem of lying to Parliament.
Yes, the cost of living is a big concern to the person on the street, the war in Ukraine, not so much as it’s thousands of miles away.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Not so sure about that. Don’t think a few fines are the issue. It’s the full report from Sue Gray that might well do him at last which is, presumably, now imminent?

Tory MPs will have to take a position now and I think they’re going to struggle justifying keeping BJ on given his clear disregard for his own rules.

The situation with Ukraine has certainly deflected attention away from the issue but does anyone really believe that BJ is key to sorting out Putin and his warmongering cronies!?

The problem is, if BJ steps down/gets voted out we then have a few months with a stand-in until the Tory leadership contest concludes. Even if that stand-in, and eventual replacement, are actually a better leader than BJ (I would say not difficult, but then I thought about the alternatives...), then the appearance of instability won't do us any favours with the Russia situation. It'll be great propaganda for them - they don't have to deal with silly things like this due to the stability of their leadership, look how weak the UK democracy is etc

It makes me want to throw up by saying this, but I'd actually prefer BJ to stay in place. For now.

Recidivist

Apr 28, 2019
Worthing
The problem is, if BJ steps down/gets voted out we then have a few months with a stand-in until the Tory leadership contest concludes. Even if that stand-in, and eventual replacement, are actually a better leader than BJ (I would say not difficult, but then I thought about the alternatives...), then the appearance of instability won't do us any favours with the Russia situation. It'll be great propaganda for them - they don't have to deal with silly things like this due to the stability of their leadership, look how weak the UK democracy is etc

It makes me want to throw up by saying this, but I'd actually prefer BJ to stay in place. For now.

Well, they do claim to be a democracy so the obvious riposte would be to say that this is how you get rid of incompetent leaders. Any chance that you might follow suit, Russia?

Personally, I don’t think anyone there gives two hoots about BJ being our leader or not, except that they’d surely prefer someone incompetent (see Trump for evidence there!)….

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Well, your wish is certain to be granted. Even in the unlikely event that the tory MPs trigger a leadership election, Johnson would win. So they won't trigger a leadership election.

However, the idea that Johnson is emerging as a war leader, like a latterday Churchill, is laughable.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It's probably been mentioned but while I have been distracted with Ukraine, the Government has removed the Fixed Term Parliament Act meaning the scheduled May 2024 election can now be as late as December 2024.

Is this true or fake ?

7 more months of Johnson quietly slipped in ?

Grim.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Some absolute melt on R5 just now, with a voice like Harry Enfield's 'you don't want to do it like that' character, telling Nicky Campbell we need strong leaders like Johnson, brilliant London mayor, something about Biden, and ending with 'Thank God for GB News'. I didn't hear the reply because Mrs T just muttered 'shut the **** up' and switched the radio off :lolol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH56UOjDQ4A

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's probably been mentioned but while I have been distracted with Ukraine, the Government has removed the Fixed Term Parliament Act meaning the scheduled May 2024 election can now be as late as December 2024.

Is this true or fake ?

7 more months of Johnson quietly slipped in ?

Grim.

[tweet]1507096901845409806[/tweet]

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
People are still angry over not saying goodbye to family dying, or having a decent funeral whilst politicians and civil servants were committing criminal offences.
It may be a FPN but that is in lieu of a charge. If they refuse the fine, then it’s a charge and magistrates court.
Then there’s the problem of lying to Parliament.
Yes, the cost of living is a big concern to the person on the street, the war in Ukraine, not so much as it’s thousands of miles away.

Personally think the lying is a much bigger deal than the equivalent of a speeding ticket and agree re the anger - fully understand if those affected in that way never forgive or forget that. If he’d admitted what had happened and properly apologised straight away rather than trying to bullshit his way out of it (as usual) all this could have been avoided. Don’t agree re Ukraine though - worries the **** out of me at least, far more than Johnson having a bit of birthday cake in the office.

Some absolute melt on R5 just now, with a voice like Harry Enfield's 'you don't want to do it like that' character, telling Nicky Campbell we need strong leaders like Johnson, brilliant London mayor, something about Biden, and ending with 'Thank God for GB News'. I didn't hear the reply because Mrs T just muttered 'shut the **** up' and switched the radio off :lolol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH56UOjDQ4A

I was listening at that point…..radio was very close to being hurled across the room :lolol::lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here