Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
People are still angry over not saying goodbye to family dying, or having a decent funeral whilst politicians and civil servants were committing criminal offences.
It may be a FPN but that is in lieu of a charge. If they refuse the fine, then it’s a charge and magistrates court.
Then there’s the problem of lying to Parliament.
Yes, the cost of living is a big concern to the person on the street, the war in Ukraine, not so much as it’s thousands of miles away.

Its important to remember the timeline of events..

First were no parties
Then were so parties but Bojo wasn’t there
Then turned out he was there but it wasn’t a party
Then Bojo commissions a report into these gatherings
Then turns out the commissioner he appointed to investigate was at the gathering
Then Sue Gray in, but not Met not getting involved
Then Met will investigate after all
Then can’t get Sue Gray report till met finished their investigation
Then questionnaires
Then interviews
And on, and on...

That's Johnson, constantly obfuscates, delays, distracts, just get through to the next day and eventually everyone will be exhausted and in the end something else will come along. And besides Barclays Bros, Lord Rotherrmere, Murdoch etc will come to the rescue

There's a war on, who cares….

Will the public fall for it again?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

First were no parties
Then turns out the commissioner he appointed to investigate was at the gathering
Then questionnaires
Then interviews
And on, and on...

That's Johnson, constantly obfuscates, delays, distracts, just get through to the next day and eventually everyone will be exhausted and in the end something else will come along. And besides Barclays Bros, Lord Rotherrmere, Murdoch etc will come to the rescue

Hardly surprising that Johnson didn't regard them as parties when he is used to "proper" partying at Lebedev's villa. Lol.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

First were no parties
Then questionnaires
Then interviews
And on, and on...

Your list perfectly sums up Johnson's standard procedure for when he's caught out, which happens regularly. He's openly been lying to the public for years yet he always wriggles away with it The charge sheet is long and very conclusive yet somehow it seems to suit the right wing media to keep him in power despite his obvious inability to perform the role. It is truly is incredible that those around him sell their souls so cheaply to support him when he lies or is caught out, the squirming as they are " grilled " by experienced news journalists can be excruciating to watch as they perform ever more desperate lines of defence that are ludicrous.

I am quite sure he will get away with this but I think he will be rumbled eventually, just hope its soon.

Last edited:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
The question is not "will he resign ?" (He won't, he not only thinks he can get away with it, he thinks he is entitled to get away with it). The question is "will 54 Tory MPs feel enough is enough ?"
Personally I think he'll be kicked out. The problem the Tories have is that it's not good (for them and the country) if they get rid of him during the ongoing Ukraine situation but if they wait until events in Ukraine have calmed down it could be too close to the next election; ideally they'll want at least a year to get a stable cabinet that the public trust enough to give them another five years.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Your list perfectly sums up Johnson's standard procedure for when he's caught out, which happens regularly. He's openly been lying to the public for years yet he always wriggles away with it> The charge sheet is long and very conclusive yet somehow it seems to suit the right wing media to keep him in power despite his obvious inability to perform the role. It is truly is incredible that those around him sell their souls so cheaply to support him when he lies or is caught out, the squirming as they are " grilled " by experienced news journalists can be excruciating to watch as they perform ever more desperate lines of defence that are ludicrous.

I am quite sure he will get away with this but I think he will be rumbled eventually, just hope its soon.

So easy to forget the ridiculous timeline of events, so much resources to essentially to try and cover the PM's lies

He will wriggle out of partygate, as for his cronies, they can't break ranks as most of them wouldn't get in another cabinet and this is their only chance.

But there will be something else on Johnson and I don't think it will be long. Johnson will never resign, he will only ever get pushed

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
[tweet]1507096901845409806[/tweet]

Getting rid of the Fixed Term Parliament act is now thing, but the Elections Bill is far more sinister and will disenfranchise potentially a couple of million vote and with the war on the poor you can guess these aren't Tory voters

https://researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/documents/CBP-9187/CBP-9187.pdf

The permitted photo documents are listed in the Bill. These will be:
• A UK, Commonwealth or EEA passport;
• A UK (DVLA or DVA Northern Ireland), Channel Islands, Isle of Man or an
EEA driving licence;
• A biometric immigration document issued in accordance with
regulations under section 5 of the UK Borders Act 2007;
• A PASS card issued by the National Proof of Age Standards Scheme
bearing the PASS hologram;
• An MOD Defence Identity Card;
• A concessionary photo travel pass from Oyster 60+, a Freedom Pass, or
a concessionary travel pass from a scheme funded by the Government
of the United Kingdom, the Scottish Government or the Welsh
Government;

If this gets through parliament, we've already had our last free and fair election

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The question is not "will he resign ?" (He won't, he not only thinks he can get away with it, he thinks he is entitled to get away with it). The question is "will 54 Tory MPs feel enough is enough ?"
Personally I think he'll be kicked out. The problem the Tories have is that it's not good (for them and the country) if they get rid of him during the ongoing Ukraine situation but if they wait until events in Ukraine have calmed down it could be too close to the next election; ideally they'll want at least a year to get a stable cabinet that the public trust enough to give them another five years.
If enough get out to vote against the Tories in the May Council elections then he will be gone sharpish.

Up to us to be bothered to vote against him. If not, well, we deserve to get the disgrace in charge for a little longer.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
People are still angry over not saying goodbye to family dying, or having a decent funeral whilst politicians and civil servants were committing criminal offences.
It may be a FPN but that is in lieu of a charge. If they refuse the fine, then it’s a charge and magistrates court.
Then there’s the problem of lying to Parliament.
Yes, the cost of living is a big concern to the person on the street, the war in Ukraine, not so much as it’s thousands of miles away.

Labour are still slightly ahead in the polling but the gap has been cut, which to me says a good amount of people have moved on from it.

Will be interesting to see how this changes after more comes out.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So easy to forget the ridiculous timeline of events, so much resources to essentially to try and cover the PM's lies

He will wriggle out of partygate, as for his cronies, they can't break ranks as most of them wouldn't get in another cabinet and this is their only chance.

But there will be something else on Johnson and I don't think it will be long. Johnson will never resign, he will only ever get pushed

I can see Johnson going on to be a two or even three term PM. The tories love a winner.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Personally think the lying is a much bigger deal than the equivalent of a speeding ticket and agree re the anger - fully understand if those affected in that way never forgive or forget that. If he’d admitted what had happened and properly apologised straight away rather than trying to bullshit his way out of it (as usual) all this could have been avoided. Don’t agree re Ukraine though - worries the **** out of me at least, far more than Johnson having a bit of birthday cake in the office.

A FPN isn't the equivalent of a speeding ticket. Road traffic offences (speeding, parking fines) except where the matter has been dealt with by way of a 'fixed penalty notice' as such matters do not constitute a criminal conviction

It is a charge which gets logged on ACRO.

https://www.acro.police.uk/

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Labour are still slightly ahead in the polling but the gap has been cut, which to me says a good amount of people have moved on from it.

Will be interesting to see how this changes after more comes out.

Polls say what the pollsters want them to say, depending on how the question is asked.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
If enough get out to vote against the Tories in the May Council elections then he will be gone sharpish.

Up to us to be bothered to vote against him. If not, well, we deserve to get the disgrace in charge for a little longer.

That's if you have much faith in the British electorate. I don't. But I will be popping down to the polling booth in May.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
That's if you have much faith in the British electorate. I don't. But I will be popping down to the polling booth in May.
I never vote in local elections but will be hauling myself down to this one to vote against Johnson.

Only a disaster for the Torries will get him out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here