Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Torguay v Brighton *Official* Match Thread

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not that surprising. One goalie has let in 0 goals this pre-season, one has let in 3. Let's hope for a clean sheet in the first half tonight and a few jocko blunders in the second:clap2:

Could that not be coz FDM has played the first half of each game with the probable 1st defence in front of him and Smith has played the 2nd half with a makeshift defence of back up players.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
His positioning is one of the worst things about his game, 3rd only to his kicking which seems to have got slightly better and his communication.

Ironically it's his bad positioning that makes some fans think that he is a good keeper. The worst the positioning is the more saves a keeper has to make.

What the f are you talking about? :laugh:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Nonsense. We got rid of Sullivan because Sexy Russ wants two experienced keepers. You say people like me don't give other keepers a fair chance, but I say that people like you criminally underate how good Michel is.

I disagree. Slade clearly wanted a new keeper and may well have rated Kuipers and Sullivan at a similar level but as Kuipers still had a year left signed him.

I only react to the constant attacks on any keeper who is not Kuipers. I rate Kuipers but he is not the keeper he was. One question for you. If Russell Slade decides Kuipers is number one I will support him as I would Smith if he is chosen. If Smith is number one, will you support him or will you slag him off every chance you get as past history and your general comments suggests is most likely.

Porky

Oct 5, 2003
Ontario. Canada
Why do I subscribe to thar stupid Seagulls World????

Every day they change the procedure to get live commentary.
I am asked if I want some free thingy. I don't want some free thingy, I want what I fucing pay for.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
His positioning is one of the worst things about his game, 3rd only to his kicking which seems to have got slightly better and his communication.

Ironically it's his bad positioning that makes some fans think that he is a good keeper. The worst the positioning is the more saves a keeper has to make.

If memory serves, you were the bloke with the bad case of anti-FDM Tourettes on the 5A back from Withdean one game last season. Seem to recall you got a hearty :lolol: from one and all then also :lol:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

I am asked if I want some free thingy. I don't want some free thingy, I want what I fucing pay for.

See, I refuse to pay for it, because I go to nearly every match. How do I get a free thingy?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I haven't seen any of us in this pre-season so, to be honest, all I'm doing is arguing for the sake of it so far. I haven't actually got a clue HOW bad we've been.

We seem to be playing this Spiller ALL the time - is he actually any good? And Crofts too, is he really first choice material? I think you're right. We need to start playing the midfield as a unit and if there are still holes to be filled we need them sorting before next Saturday.

The only midfielder that has impressed me is Smith, but like that long tradition of Albion midfielders, he is rather short.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Now its changed to "Player" we will have to suss out again how to get the matchday commentary once the season starts.:rant:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
If memory serves, you were the bloke with the bad case of anti-FDM Tourettes on the 5A back from Withdean one game last season. Seem to recall you got a hearty :lolol: from one and all then also :lol:

Doubt that was me, I have only ever vented my frustration with him on here. After the game I'm more interested in getting back to the pub than discussing the pros and cons of a goalkeeper on a bus.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
1-0 to Torquay.. sounds like we were scythed apart down the right.

I was thoroughly unimpressed at Crawley on Friday.. this doesn't sound much different.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here