Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tony Blooms vision for the club (aka Olive Branch II)

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If the reverse happens, then honestly by comparison what is the problem with being behind the club and manager but ending up being wrong? I’d rather be on that side than calling for sackings which ends up being counter productive.

Yeah that time we replaced Sami Hyppia with Chris Hughton was really counter productive...

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Why is Vagabond (or anyone else) entitled to ‘an acknowledgment that they might have got things wrong.’ It is pretty bloody childish at best.

That’s not what I said. If I called for Ashworth or Potter to be sacked, I’d at this point be putting my hands up and acknowledging, not to anyone in particular, that I put my view out there and on reflection it doesn’t look correct - thankfully! Being irritated at having it bounced doesn’t change that it’s read by everyone. (I’m not saying that’s anyone in particular).

I think this is the case here. [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] is reasonable in replying to me or others, he’s just clearly irritated when it’s coming from certain individuals. But that doesn’t change the point that he has posted above that he is much more positive for next season and on a more positive mindset - that is an acknowledgement is it not?

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Yeah that time we replaced Sami Hyppia with Chris Hughton was really counter productive...

Yes so if your judgement is what happened with Hyppia is the same as mid season form with Potter, then I think you have every right to have your footballing opinions ridiculed.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
To be honest, the divide isn’t the way it’s portrayed, and manufactured to a degree. The “Potter in” side has actually been most of the NSC, the majority. Pretty much through all the bad runs.

But there has been a small consistent, louder group who have hounded the manager and called for his head after every less than positive result. Or even poor Dan Ashworths in some cases. Despite all the improvements in our club being there for all to see.

They take offence to having their posts bounced. I can only assume because they don’t want to admit they were wrong.

It would be nice if lessons could be learned and we can stop the hysteria after we draw at home to a team below us, because that is likely for a team at our level.
You took it upon yourself to bounce the threads a day after we had a terrific result for the club. The board for once was a happy place with enjoyable discussions about the game.

Instead of joining in the cheer you felt a need to cause yet more animosity, cried when posters unsurprisingly gave you some of your own medicine and here we are days later still sniping. So well done you achieved what you set out to do.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
That’s not what I said. If I called for Ashworth or Potter to be sacked, I’d at this point be putting my hands up and acknowledging, not to anyone in particular, that I put my view out there and on reflection it doesn’t look correct - thankfully! Being irritated at having it bounced doesn’t change that it’s read by everyone. (I’m not saying that’s anyone in particular).

I think this is the case here. [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] is reasonable in replying to me or others, he’s just clearly irritated when it’s coming from certain individuals. But that doesn’t change the point that he has posted above that he is much more positive for next season and on a more positive mindset - that is an acknowledgement is it not?

There is a pretty clear difference between making that acknowledgment yourself and having someone trying to shove it down your throat. I was one of the waverers for a few weeks during the abysmal pre Christmas period. I changed my mind again over Christmas when games stopped panning out to the same script every week. I am happy to discuss that with you for as long as you like and will do the same about any of our managers stretching back to the first Peter Taylor. I don’t expect some 5 year old to come on here gloating and basking in some sort of reflected glory of never having questioned the manager. It is weird and deserving of all the contempt leveled at him. Put another way; when trying to gauge whether or not something on the internet is appropriate you should try to imagine the reaction to the same being said out loud to a group of strangers in a pub.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
You took it upon yourself to bounce the threads a day after we had a terrific result for the club. The board for once was a happy place with enjoyable discussions about the game.

Instead of joining in the cheer you felt a need to cause yet more animosity, cried when posters unsurprisingly gave you some of your own medicine and here we are days later still sniping. So well done you achieved what you set out to do.

Rinse and repeat.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Im not sure if that is the case, think it’s more seeking an acknowledgment that they might have got things wrong? If it was me, I’d be tempted to bounce my own posts with my hands up, which I will do if Maupay gets 15 goals next season. :thumbsup:

He is seeking praise that he is right, thats what he does. How many of those people still want him gone or don't think he has now turned it around?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Nuance.

Now let’s stop all this polarized bitching shall we?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
A handful of posters are obsessed with Potter, they drag up old posts of discontent to satisfy their self righteous ego, generally this strange behavioural pattern is at its worst after a win.

It’s a very weird phenomenon that I don’t really remember existing before Potter. Maybe it’s a reflection of millennial snowflakism that some peoples egos are now so fragile they can’t handle anyone having a go at their idol that they have to keep bringing the other side back into a debate every time they feel vindicated.

There are two posters who are the absolute worst for it. It’s not hard to guess who they are.

Maybe all it really boils down to is look at me egotism at the end of the day and this is the crusade that continually gets one particular individual to get himself relevant.

The most telling thing for me is that even some of the most ardent Potter in posters that have some maturity are clearly sick of what they do and the detrimental effect it has on NSC. Not that it makes any difference. Ignorance is bliss as they say.

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
A fictitious and light hearted message to the most vociferous (you know who) potter fans (and I am one who wavered for a couple of weeks at Christmas but is a big fan of him in general). From the man himself...

‘You have played with a clear sense of identity, been brave, courageous even and stuck with your playing (posting) principals and the belief in what you do (loving me). The results have finally started coming and that vindicates your approach.

But use your emotional intelligence, know when your opinion has been proved right and and that you don’t need to point it out. Everyone knows that some expressed extremely negative views and have been proven wrong. But they are entitled to their opinion.

The best way to win anything, a game or an argument, is graciously

Unless you are in front of the citeh technical area. But hey, no one is perfect

Enjoy the win but know that there are still plenty of points to play for. This is just the process, not the conclusion’

Now can we all just agree that there are about 10-20 posters at each extreme, the vast majority sit somewhere in between, all with valid opinions...because all opinions are valid.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
All of those 'Potter In/Out' polls with no 'Fence' option that were started about 30 seconds after every final whistle during that rotten string of results over the winter weren't exactly helpful. Just encouraged division

Thanks, I don’t understand though why anyone gives a shit about people’s historic views often portrayed at the final whistle?

People change their minds all the time, it’s allowed!

Wondering if there’s undertones as to who’s a better fan (like it matters) based on some perceived loyalty that you can’t be critical one week and not the next?

The polls can be interesting in the sense of collective feeling at a point in time, but it shouldn’t be used as some sort of point scoring system at an individual level. After all if any one of us knew that much about football consistently why are we not involved in the game professionally?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
To be honest, the divide isn’t the way it’s portrayed, and manufactured to a degree. The “Potter in” side has actually been most of the NSC, the majority. Pretty much through all the bad runs.

But there has been a small consistent, louder group who have hounded the manager and called for his head after every less than positive result. Or even poor Dan Ashworths in some cases. Despite all the improvements in our club being there for all to see.

They take offence to having their posts bounced. I can only assume because they don’t want to admit they were wrong.

It would be nice if lessons could be learned and we can stop the hysteria after we draw at home to a team below us, because that is likely for a team at our level.

Do they need to admit they were wrong, even if they agreed that they were wrong, I don’t think so, but that’s my opinion?

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Do they need to admit they were wrong, even if they agreed that they were wrong, I don’t think so, but that’s my opinion?

This 100% If you take them in the context of the time it was written then maybe they weren't as wrong as they seem today.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I absolutely am on board after Tuesday. I absolutely was wrong,

My annoyance is that certain people are trying to imply otherwise by bouncing months old posts and not the positive post City ones or the one that predicted we'd beat them :shrug:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Totally agree. Havent changed my mind from OUT to IN. Around Xmas with the 'fence' option I think I did vote Fence once but generally been an 'IN'er.

BUT did I have complete confidence that he'd turn it around? No. Far from it. Did I think this was a 'step to far' - Yes. From winning the IKEA Workers Sunday League to 5 mis in the @rse end of Wales with a mid table finish and then onto us didnt fill me with confidence. At all. Was i worried that TB, PB and DA had made a c0ck-up and we were going to be back playing PNE? Yes 100%. Did i have confidence GPott would turn it around - no way. Did I 'hope' that he would, yes for sure and Im sure every BHA fan was the same.

But I'm not on here chest thumping that I voted 'IN' for all the 4,372 IN/OUT Polls we have had since last Sept like some Tarzan reprobate and for those who voted out, I don't think you were 'wrong', I can completly agree with it infact at that time. Our results were fecking awful and I had no idea where we would get our next win from and I could see the chasm of the relegation zone just beelow us.

Yes he has turned me around to having confidence in him to 'be the one' to get us into the top half over the next few seasons. Yes I think it will take time, this time next season even if we are in the 13-14-15-16th places but sticking to the good foootball, we'll come good in the end. He has me pretty connfident now.

Who fecking cares if someone was more worried than and voted no or put it all over NSC. Who has not been wrong on something in the past? I have hundreds of times, including worried/unsure/no confidence that Potter is good enough to keep us up.

Bit in bold strikes me as the wisest and wittiest thing in this entire thread. If the Potter cultists had their way, their man would be installed as England manager by the end of the year and probably made Archbishop of Canterbury the year after. Gormless Benny probably can't quite believe his luck. Quite scary really :lolol:

boik

Nothing wrong with people being pessimistic, even though I am an optimist by nature.

The thing I objected to was the horrible name-calling of GP and a good few of the players. That is not supporting the club in my view.

I also struggle with the "table doesn't lie" merchants, despite the improvements being obvious to anyone with eyes.

Hopefully next season we can get off to a good start and have everyone singing from the same hymn sheet. I am incredibly optimistic about next season!

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
I absolutely am on board after Tuesday. I absolutely was wrong,

My annoyance is that certain people are trying to imply otherwise by bouncing months old posts and not the positive post City ones or the one that predicted we'd beat them :shrug:

Not that I'm trying to talk you out of it, but I'm slightly confused as to why the match on Tuesday would have changed your mind so much. Performances and results against the top sides haven't been the problem all season.

If it were earlier in the season I wouldn't be at all surprised to see us follow the Man City game with 3 losses in a row. All of them horribly frustrating and against the apparent run of play.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I had a post bounced back at me about a year later that I thought Locadia is starting to come good after his goal against Arsenal and maybe Millwall.
I admit I was wrong and laughed about it, but as mentioned before things change over time to change your opinion.
Hitler had a lot of support in Germany when he first came to power.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here