Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tony Blooms vision for the club (aka Olive Branch II)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Voted Potter Out in at least two fence-less polls, maybe more around the turn of the year. Yes he has slowly turned me around. A number of issues dogged us in the calendar year 2020 and he has fixed most and started to address others, picking up some nice wins. I'm much more optimistic for next season.

What I don't get is the cult of Potter, that he is bigger than the club. He's a decent football coach but there are quite a few out there. The world won't end if he goes to Spurs.

But talking of being wrong did you keep your bet post for REMF with me? I believe if was £50 and I got 16th and below in the table and you got 15th and above. Confirm I am right as that probably hangs on Sunday's games. I will be more than happy to pay up and provide evidence on NSC if I lose.

I can’t even remember a bet but we’ll dig it out for sure :thumbsup: I’m certainly not of the opinion Potter is a cult or anything. I’d swayed at half time v Wolves to wanting a change, but it lasted 30 mins. I just think it’s clear we’re heading in the right direction.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
The cult of Potter is nothing to do with the fact he is an English manager as far as I'm concerned, it is down to the way he has the team playing. Is the cult of Pep down to the fact he is Spanish, or the cult of Klopp down to the fact he is German? Ridiculous.

Also, I agree that the groundwork was there before GP arrived but let's be honest, it takes someone like GP to actually use some of the players coming through that system. Can you imagine CH playing Sanchez ahead of Ryan and Walton or Alzate ahead of Stephens and Propper? Chuck in Ben White as well.

Moder instead of Bong also.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
At this point I have to question if you’re actually on a massive wind up, surely nobody can be this inconsistent without doing it intentionally.

You routinely call people out for name calling, yet happily call people names.

You tell everyone that you’re entitled to your opinion, which of course you are, yet you simply do not tolerate anyone who dares share an opinion that differs from yours.

You must be aware that you’re consistently contradicting yourself?

In all of the years I’ve posted on this forum I’ve seldom heard the ignore list mentioned, yet it’s a common theme with yourself, you’re forever telling us of your ever growing list, have you ever stopped for a moment and thought a little more about that? There’s dozens of people on here that I don’t particularly care for (opinion wise), but putting people on ignore is just ridiculous, if you can’t handle a difference of opinions without losing your mind then possibly this isn’t the place for you.

There are certain posters here who post bad takes, which rightly get mocked, like Vagabond does frequently. This is why it's worth remembering who said what, and remembering who are the posters you end up "liking" more often than not, and factoring that into their credibility.

There are people who post in match threads, usually with "ffs" and the like, normally the same ones who post threads/polls immediately after games for attention, because they don't want their "visionary insight" lost in an active thread, where it won't get the attention it deserves.

Then there are smug ******** like me who realise all this and point it out to mostly deaf ears.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There are certain posters here who post bad takes, which rightly get mocked, like Vagabond does frequently. This is why it's worth remembering who said what, and remembering who are the posters you end up "liking" more often than not, and factoring that into their credibility.

There are people who post in match threads, usually with "ffs" and the like, normally the same ones who post threads/polls immediately after games for attention, because they don't want their "visionary insight" lost in an active thread, where it won't get the attention it deserves.

Then there are smug ******** like me who realise all this and point it out to mostly deaf ears.

Def in the latter but it does seem people can spout utter knee jerk bollocks in their frustrations when they can’t take defeat and then when they are pulled up on it and quoted they somehow make it out to be the posters who have reminded them of their bullshits fault and call them sad etc :lol: There’s a fair few on here unfortunately.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
My other thought about this is to make use of the ignore function. I once spent around, no kidding, 3 pages explaining to a poster here about an offside decision.

Our corner taker passes short to receiver, receiver does a Cruyff turn (can you guess who is it yet?) and passes it back to corner taker who is offside.

His take? "You can't be offside from corners".

It went round and round and ended up with an ignore because it's important to remember, a lot of people are very dense, emotional or drunk - but often all three.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Where did I say anyone owed anything? (I didn’t)
I merely asked a question if any of the very vocal Potter outters had changed their mind.
Where have I shown I ‘can’t cope’ with alternative opinions? Completely out of context patronising as per usual from you. Grow up, stop looking for confrontation, putting words in people’s mouths and generally bullying whoever you pick on to make you feel better. It won’t ever work on me sunshine as I’ll just tell you to **** off [emoji106]

That escalated quickly. [emoji38]ol: I do chuckle when you get all aggressive after getting the wrong end of the stick. To be honest, I didn't intentionally patronise you so I apologize if it came across that way. But to be fair, you do spend an awful lot of time getting agitated at people daring to be upset when things go badly and are another one who seems to act as if these people should apologise for doing so. They absolutely shouldn't, and if you don't like bullying then kindly desist from bullying people into apologizing or insisting they themselves hold their hands up to point out they were wrong.

I didn't say you can't cope with alternative opinions, I said if you can't cope with alternative opinions, you should deal with it yourself rather than expecting others to apologise months later for holding those opinions when times were bad.

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
And now I see the trolls riding up from the swamp of my ignore list.

I really hope one of the mods bite and ban you for a week. You clog up this board with your look at me shit.

At first I thought your were a 2nd wind up account or 1066 clone but I think for your own sake you need time out from here .

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
That escalated quickly. [emoji38]ol: I do chuckle when you get all aggressive after getting the wrong end of the stick. To be honest, I didn't intentionally patronise you so I apologize if it came across that way. But to be fair, you do spend an awful lot of time getting agitated at people daring to be upset when things go badly and are another one who seems to act as if these people should apologise for doing so. They absolutely shouldn't, and if you don't like bullying then kindly desist from bullying people into apologizing or insisting they themselves hold their hands up to point out they were wrong.

I didn't say you can't cope with alternative opinions, I said if you can't cope with alternative opinions, you should deal with it yourself rather than expecting others to apologise months later for holding those opinions when times were bad.

I’m not aggressive I’m just saying I will always stand up for myself - especially when I made an innocent NICE post you decided to twist. It’s the same for anyone - I just won’t take shit :shrug:

Where have I said anyone should apologise? Now I ‘act’ a way you perceive so I’m bullying people into apologising?! Feel free to find where I’ve demanded an apology because someone had a different opinion. I just wondered whether anyone had changed their mind openly - I get things wrong all the time on here and admit it - it’s a great characteristic. And I try to get people to step back and see the bigger picture when things are going badly rather than going OTT - well I think so - and many others say I’m a calm voice of reason - not the opposite as you suggest.

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
vagabond
[ˈvaɡəbɒnd]
NOUN
a person who wanders from place to place without a home or job.
synonyms:
itinerant · wanderer · nomad · wayfarer · traveller · gypsy · rover · [More]
ADJECTIVE
having no settled home.
"a vagabond poacher"
synonyms:
itinerant · wandering · nomadic · travelling · ambulatory · mobile · [More]
VERB
archaic
wander about as or like a vagabond.
"he went vagabonding about the world"
synonyms:
wander · roam · rove · range · travel · travel idly · journey · voyage

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I’m not aggressive I’m just saying I will always stand up for myself - especially when I made an innocent NICE post you decided to twist. It’s the same for anyone - I just won’t take shit :shrug:

Where have I said anyone should apologise? Now I ‘act’ a way you perceive so I’m bullying people into apologising?! Feel free to find where I’ve demanded an apology because someone had a different opinion. I just wondered whether anyone had changed their mind openly - I get things wrong all the time on here and admit it - it’s a great characteristic. And I try to get people to step back and see the bigger picture when things are going badly rather than going OTT - well I think so - and many others say I’m a calm voice of reason - not the opposite as you suggest.
In which case, we are arguing over nothing. Great work. [emoji106]

I too am interested in hearing from people who have changed their mind over Potter, but let's be honest, that must apply to dozens on here. We had won one home game all year, so clearly many would have questioned the manager. Now we have been in mid table form for an entire half season, so obviously a lot of those people will have changed their mind. Nothing wrong with that imo.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
The cult of Potter is nothing to do with the fact he is an English manager as far as I'm concerned, it is down to the way he has the team playing. Is the cult of Pep down to the fact he is Spanish, or the cult of Klopp down to the fact he is German? Ridiculous.

Also, I agree that the groundwork was there before GP arrived but let's be honest, it takes someone like GP to actually use some of the players coming through that system. Can you imagine CH playing Sanchez ahead of Ryan and Walton or Alzate ahead of Stephens and Propper? Chuck in Ben White as well.

Well said. Hughton will always be a legend. But I strongly doubt he’d have dropped Maty for Sanchez. To be honest I wouldn’t be surprised if we were still playing Proper and Stevens in CM and Biss were still a bit part player.

And “the cult of Potter” is a bit of a silly phrase all round. Invented by certain folk here to discredit those who backed the manager and saw the qualities he was bringing to our club.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

I too am interested in hearing from people who have changed their mind over Potter, but let's be honest, that must apply to dozens on here. We had won one home game all year, so clearly many would have questioned the manager. Now we have been in mid table form for an entire half season, so obviously a lot of those people will have changed their mind. Nothing wrong with that imo.

Totally agree. Havent changed my mind from OUT to IN. Around Xmas with the 'fence' option I think I did vote Fence once but generally been an 'IN'er.

BUT did I have complete confidence that he'd turn it around? No. Far from it. Did I think this was a 'step to far' - Yes. From winning the IKEA Workers Sunday League to 5 mis in the @rse end of Wales with a mid table finish and then onto us didnt fill me with confidence. At all. Was i worried that TB, PB and DA had made a c0ck-up and we were going to be back playing PNE? Yes 100%. Did i have confidence GPott would turn it around - no way. Did I 'hope' that he would, yes for sure and Im sure every BHA fan was the same.

But I'm not on here chest thumping that I voted 'IN' for all the 4,372 IN/OUT Polls we have had since last Sept like some Tarzan reprobate and for those who voted out, I don't think you were 'wrong', I can completly agree with it infact at that time. Our results were fecking awful and I had no idea where we would get our next win from and I could see the chasm of the relegation zone just beelow us.

Yes he has turned me around to having confidence in him to 'be the one' to get us into the top half over the next few seasons. Yes I think it will take time, this time next season even if we are in the 13-14-15-16th places but sticking to the good foootball, we'll come good in the end. He has me pretty connfident now.

Who fecking cares if someone was more worried than and voted no or put it all over NSC. Who has not been wrong on something in the past? I have hundreds of times, including worried/unsure/no confidence that Potter is good enough to keep us up.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Well said. Hughton will always be a legend. But I strongly doubt he’d have dropped Maty for Sanchez. To be honest I wouldn’t be surprised if we were still playing Proper and Stevens in CM and Biss were still a bit part player.

And “the cult of Potter” is a bit of a silly phrase all round. Invented by certain folk here to discredit those who backed the manager and saw the qualities he was bringing to our club.

Dont agree. I'm a proud Potter cultist.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Excellent post.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009

I changed my mind. For about 2 months from the new year I felt he should go for the exact reason you said. I don't think I was wrong for thinking that and I don't think it was a Knee jerk. I am glad he is still here, but I don't see why he is the only person who could do a job for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here