Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tony Blooms vision for the club (aka Olive Branch II)

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Regardless of mud slinging and name calling etc and who was right and who was terribly wrong (in my opinion the Pitter outers fwiw but cba to pile in), are any of the potter outers now converted and have held their hands up and admitted they were wrong?

I've swayed between the two as I believe results are what matters and how anyone in football should ultimately be judged. We're safe, I'm happy. I expect us to kick on next season.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Regardless of mud slinging and name calling etc and who was right and who was terribly wrong (in my opinion the Pitter outers fwiw but cba to pile in), are any of the potter outers now converted and have held their hands up and admitted they were wrong? Can’t be bothered to read the whole thread and of course, we could come bottom next season, but I do think some on here were very harsh and didn’t take losing some games but playing very well ... erm... very well...!

Would be nice to see some admit they were wrong (as we all are often on here) and just get behind the team next season without a silly divide popping up after every defeat or win. We’re all Brighton & Hove Albion aren’t we!?

Voted Potter Out in at least two fence-less polls, maybe more around the turn of the year. Yes he has slowly turned me around. A number of issues dogged us in the calendar year 2020 and he has fixed most and started to address others, picking up some nice wins. I'm much more optimistic for next season.

What I don't get is the cult of Potter, that he is bigger than the club. He's a decent football coach but there are quite a few out there. The world won't end if he goes to Spurs.

But talking of being wrong did you keep your bet post for REMF with me? I believe if was £50 and I got 16th and below in the table and you got 15th and above. Confirm I am right as that probably hangs on Sunday's games. I will be more than happy to pay up and provide evidence on NSC if I lose.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I've swayed between the two as I believe results are what matters and how anyone in football should ultimately be judged. We're safe, I'm happy. I expect us to kick on next season.

Exactly. The way it’s always been and always will be. I support BHA not whoever happens to be the current manager. He is doing a great job in terms of performance but we really do need more points next season.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Oh… and you’re still talking to me?

I’ll get you to a 1000 words soon. You seem slightly obsessive.

SEWDONIM

Dec 14, 2020
Oh… and you’re still talking to me?

I’ll get you to a 1000 words soon. You seem slightly obsessive.

Can anyone, absolutely anyone answer me how someone so narcissistic, self-absorbed and clearly as pugnacious is still allowed to post on the forum?

Brighton fan or not. He's an absolute troll with virtually nothing to add. The irony is, Vaga's absolutely obsessed with pointing out he's right. Yet to understand specifically what he's right about, but he's apparently right about something.

Are there any mods out there considering just simply giving the chap a little cool down for a month? I'm not entirely clued up on the rules, but I don't think anyone on this forum right now causes as much vitriol on here. I've seen more civilised talks between palarse fans and our fans than I have with Vaga and anyone who dares have an opposing point of view.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Can anyone, absolutely anyone answer me how someone so narcissistic, self-absorbed and clearly as pugnacious is still allowed to post on the forum?

Brighton fan or not. He's an absolute troll with virtually nothing to add. The irony is, Vaga's absolutely obsessed with pointing out he's right. Yet to understand specifically what he's right about, but he's apparently right about something.

Are there any mods out there considering just simply giving the chap a little cool down for a month? I'm not entirely clued up on the rules, but I don't think anyone on this forum right now causes as much vitriol on here. I've seen more civilised talks between palarse fans and our fans than I have with Vaga and anyone who dares have an opposing point of view.

Or just rename him to SandInMyVaginaBond?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

The funny thing is I am genuinely one of the most kind and most positive person on NSC.

Probably contribute more quality posts then most too, if I may be so bold.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
What I don't get is the cult of Potter, that he is bigger than the club.

I get this. Its not something that a relatively inexperienced top league manager needs to be saddled with. For me, he's done a lot right, but he will make mistakes. (Leicester away for instance, when he set out a team that was not at all equipped to deal with their attacking threat). The job he has been asked to do is apparently to improve players with the expectation that results will follow. He's cracked on trying to do this and has in no way tried to encourage the Xg cult that seems to have canonised him. Pundits, particularly those who hate Xg have taken to labelling him the darling of football hipsters. I'm sure there are one or two on Youtube who get carried away by our style, but they are nothing to do with Brighton. If they were, they might understand that good as he may be, he was picked to do a particular job in a particular set up.

Its Tony Bloom's plan that I'm bought into, not Graham Potter's. What Bloom is trying to do is extremely difficult and will need individuals in the key roles who are intelligent, flexible and creative. Graham Potter is a good fit in these terms, but that is because the club identified what they wanted to be and went looking for a coach whose skill set would fit. That's what they also seem to do with players and with appointments behind the scene. Hopefully, GP's hard work will start to be rewarded with more goals and better results next year and, if it is, I'm sure that a step up may be available to him. As you suggest, I'm also sure that the club will be maintaining a list of potential successors in planning for that exact eventuality.

Results have been frustrating this year, but I'm fully behind what Bloom is trying to achieve. I accept that it might fail, but appreciate that 'failure' has to be seen in perspective. Relegation would be gutting, but though it might lose us players, it wouldn't lose the hinterland that makes this a very easy club to support in every sense except for on the pitch finishing.

SEWDONIM

Dec 14, 2020
The funny thing is I am genuinely one of the kinder people on NSC and probably contribute more quality posts then most.

Okay, to be fair - there have been times I've found myself in agreement. However, you've just kind of helped prove my narcissistic point.

For what it's worth, I've been convinced by Potter recently - so you have that over me. BUUUT, still think you get way too carried away in your posts. Hopefully next season, we'll get Potter the striker he needs and we'll all be laughing at palace :drink:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What I don't get is the cult of Potter, that he is bigger than the club. He's a decent football coach but there are quite a few out there. The world won't end if he goes to Spurs.

/QUOTE]

Bites tongue, you have enough going on, but you're SO wrong. There are very few that we could afford who could do what he has done with the budget and time in the job, I'd like you to name just one you'd swap him for too :wink:

I didn't actually bite my tongue as well as I wanted to there...and I AM going to bounce this when we are flying next season. My world will end if he goes to Spurs though :lolol:

GP is not bigger than the club but he is the best thing that's happened to it on the managerial side, imo. Controversial I know.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

/QUOTE]

Bites tongue, you have enough going on, but you're SO wrong. There are very few that we could afford who could do what he has done with the budget and time in the job, I'd like you to name just one you'd swap him for too :wink:

I didn't actually bite my tongue as well as I wanted to there...and I AM going to bounce this when we are flying next season. My world will end if he goes to Spurs though :lolol:

GP is not bigger than the club but he is the best thing that's happened to it on the managerial side, imo. Controversial I know.

At one time, I would have said the same things about Gus. When Garcia went and Hyypia failed, I thought that Chris Hughton was a pedestrian appointment that didn't excite me at all. I couldn't have been more wrong. He was exactly what we needed at that moment. I was gutted when he was sacked, but accepted that it was for the best. The club found someone who seems to be exactly what we needed to make the next transition. Trust that when Potter goes, the club still has the ability to find the next 'exactly what we'll need'. They won't get every one right, but I trust the process.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here