Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tony Blooms vision for the club (aka Olive Branch II)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Didn't realise this was an olive branch binfest, missed out on all the fun. Maybe the thread could be renamed next time.

Bin fests seem fewer and further between these days. We really should be alerted.

next week, should we lose to Arsenal will we have another with the Potter our Brigade up in arms and carrying on?

Vagabond, I am not sure you are achieving your goals here mate (Bit like a Potter team :lolol: - sorry . . . too soon?).

regroup and enjoy us staying us and your validation as one of the fan's whose loyalty didn't waver.

Last edited:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Bin fests seem fewer and further between these days. We really should be alerted.

next week, should we lose to Arsenal will we have another with the Potter our Brigade up in arms and carrying on?

Vagabond, I am not sure you are achieving your goals here mate (Bit like a Potter team :lolol: - sorry . . . too soon?).

regroup and enjoy us staying us and you validation as one of the fan's whose loyalty didn't waver.

Fair comment [emoji106]

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Finally we ended one of those runs in our favour rather than the usual "xxx hasn't beaten a team in the bottom half for 18 months" types we usually end.

We ended 2 that night. We'd never won a Premier League game in which Lewis Dunk was not playing.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Sure. And then I also said:

But I haven’t been hounding the manager and calling for his head after every less than good result either. That’s the difference.
What do you want a medal of some kind? A certificate of Potter loyalty from the club maybe? We just beat the PL champions and what’s sad is you dragged up old posts of frustration the very next day from your supposedly fellow Albion fans, that is very strange behaviour.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
[emoji112]

If you lot had your way Graham Potter would have been sacked in the new year. Cheers to Tony Bloom and Paul Barber for being calm and ahead of the curve.

I largely still agree and stand by my original comment.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
vag.jpg

Bloody hell, just seen this! All that effort to put other Albion fans down? Genuinely one of the most tragic things I've ever seen on NSC.

Get a frigging life!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What do you want a medal of some kind? A certificate of Potter loyalty from the club maybe? We just beat the PL champions and what’s sad is you dragged up old posts of frustration the very next day from your supposedly fellow Albion fans, that is very strange behaviour.

If we are handing out Potter loyalty medals I will be more than a little pissed if I don’t get one.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Regardless of mud slinging and name calling etc and who was right and who was terribly wrong (in my opinion the Pitter outers fwiw but cba to pile in), are any of the potter outers now converted and have held their hands up and admitted they were wrong? Can’t be bothered to read the whole thread and of course, we could come bottom next season, but I do think some on here were very harsh and didn’t take losing some games but playing very well ... erm... very well...!

Would be nice to see some admit they were wrong (as we all are often on here) and just get behind the team next season without a silly divide popping up after every defeat or win. We’re all Brighton & Hove Albion aren’t we!?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Regardless of mud slinging and name calling etc and who was right and who was terribly wrong (in my opinion the Pitter outers fwiw but cba to pile in), are any of the potter outers now converted and have held their hands up and admitted they were wrong? Can’t be bothered to read the whole thread and of course, we could come bottom next season, but I do think some on here were very harsh and didn’t take losing some games but playing very well ... erm... very well...!

Would be nice to see some admit they were wrong (as we all are often on here) and just get behind the team next season without a silly divide popping up after every defeat or win. We’re all Brighton & Hove Albion aren’t we!?

Sometimes I think we're more like the Judean People's Front

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Let’s see if you’re capable of talking without throwing childish insults around.

5 minutes? I’ve supported the Albion all of my life.

Are you really one of those people who narrowly defines someone based on a forum registration date?

Er, yes. You've been on NSC since May 2019, when Potter arrived. So, you are new 'here'.

And you were behaving like a child by bouncing the thread, so expect to be treated like one by the rest of NSC.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
[emoji112]

If you lot had your way Graham Potter would have been sacked in the new year. Cheers to Tony Bloom and Paul Barber for being calm and ahead of the curve.

Although the temptation to say 'I told you so' is great whenever an opinion seems vindicated. Doing it is usually a bad idea. Those who you say it to don't thank you for it (ask my kids), they merely resent being reminded that they were wrong. I suspect that you know that you were waving a red rag at a bull, but chose to do it anyway. The desire is, as I say understandable, but rising above the desire and just being satisfied that you were right is probably the best course of action, particularly in this case. I would guess that everyone you quoted is probably delighted that their pessimism proved to be unfounded, but that will not stop them from being pessimistic in similar circumstances in the future. Some of us are optimists, some are pessimists, some, like me are pessimists who try to achieve optimism by searching through stats for things that might look good for us.

The thing that the madness of the last five years should have taught us is that none of us can predict the future. We can fear the worst, or try to hope for the best. The latter can be very difficult, but is probably better for our mental health. Those who feared the worst have already suffered more than you, perhaps it would be kinder to let them enjoy our shared dawn, than to remind them of how awful they felt in the depth of the night.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Regardless of mud slinging and name calling etc and who was right and who was terribly wrong (in my opinion the Pitter outers fwiw but cba to pile in), are any of the potter outers now converted and have held their hands up and admitted they were wrong?

Of course not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here