Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tony Blooms vision for the club (aka Olive Branch II)

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Those who feared the worst have already suffered more than you, perhaps it would be kinder to let them enjoy our shared dawn, than to remind them of how awful they felt in the depth of the night.

Actual genuine wisdom here. You’re pretty accurate with most of this post. Noted and thank you.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
View attachment 136928

Bloody hell, just seen this! All that effort to put other Albion fans down?

I must be a genius then. Click multi quote, choose quotes and send.

Probably took me just over a minute. Really not that difficult or time consuming [emoji2369]. And who’s putting them down? I said if they had their way our club would have sacked Graham Potter in the new year.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland

Probably took me just over a minute. Really not that difficult or time consuming [emoji2369]. And who’s putting them down? I said if they had their way our club would have sacked Graham Potter in the new year.

But you chose to do it. You took the time to quote text from a bunch of fans. It took time.

Why would you do this? What were you trying to achieve? I mean, just how empty is your life?!

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Is Guinness Boy abusing his powers again?

I already can’t ignore him and am forced to read his posts.

But he’s now renaming threads to settle personal scores for him and his cohorts?

Ummm....you do realise that you are not actually forced to read anyody's posts.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I will admit to being very much up and down on Potter this season. I still maintain that there have been games where he has got it badly wrong. Other times we have looked so good I've got a bit teary.

Some games Potter has looked totally clueless. In others a bloody genius.

No wins in December. 3 wins at home all year. Couldn't beat the teams below us. Couldn't see where the next win was coming from. Yeah, I thought thee was a danger that he would drag us down.

Of late we have put in some excellent performances and got some magnificent results. All credit to him for somehow pulling things round.

I would be surprised if I was alone in sometimes thinking "this is brilliant" and at other times thinking "this is total shit". It's the ups and downs of following BHAFC!

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
rippleman;9867983[B said:
]I will admit to being very much up and down on Potter this season. I still maintain that there have been games where he has got it badly wrong. Other times we have looked so good I've got a bit teary.[/B]

No wins in December. 3 wins at home all year. Couldn't beat the teams below us. Couldn't see where the next win was coming from. Yeah, I thought thee was a danger that he would drag us down.

Of late we have put in some excellent performances and got some magnificent results. All credit to him for somehow pulling things round.

I would be surprised if I was alone in sometimes thinking "this is brilliant" and at other times thinking "this is total shit". It's the ups and downs of following BHAFC!

Nice to see someone admitting to some nuance and not being forced into a binary potter in/out position. The truth about any manager or player is in the middle of the extremes of views. The poll culture on this site nudges people to pick a side and then continually back it up, whether or not their opinion has changed or needs a bit more explaining. This helps drives a wedge through the fanbase

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I will admit to being very much up and down on Potter this season. I still maintain that there have been games where he has got it badly wrong. Other times we have looked so good I've got a bit teary.

That's me too. An emotional rollercoaster.

But other than criticising some baffling subs including his obsession in giving useless Jahanbakhsh chance after chance, I think I've been loyally Potter throughout.

Always mindful that he's working within a bottom 6 budget, it was TB's decision not to blow £10m's last summer on a striker (with no guarantee of their success if we'd landed such a player).

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016

Easy to just say these things, but other than Leicester we looked good through December, even with the loss at Lamptey. Wasn't like we weren't competing, just conspiring to turn good performances into dropped points somehow. Even when Potter tried something a bit different against Arsenal we looked pretty good I thought, and very much too the game to West Ham who were flying at that point. Some results were total shit, I don't really remember watching us thinking this is total shit, always seemed to be very well set up, on the front foot, well organised.

Think we all need something to blame sometimes. Why didn't we win that game. Blame a player, blame the manager. This season for BHAFC isn't one that you can attribute blame to because in the main we have been a very good side. Do lessons need to be learned, hell yeah. Can they improve on things, of course massive room for improvement. Doesn't mean someone needs to be blamed though - and that kind of took hold for some this season.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
That's me too. An emotional rollercoaster.

But other than criticising some baffling subs including his obsession in giving useless Jahanbakhsh chance after chance, I think I've been loyally Potter throughout.

Always mindful that he's working within a bottom 6 budget, it was TB's decision not to blow £10m's last summer on a striker (with no guarantee of their success if we'd landed such a player).

Don’t let the Iranians see that, they’ve got a very different idea of how Potter has treated him. :lolol:

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Regardless of mud slinging and name calling etc and who was right and who was terribly wrong (in my opinion the Pitter outers fwiw but cba to pile in), are any of the potter outers now converted and have held their hands up and admitted they were wrong? Can’t be bothered to read the whole thread and of course, we could come bottom next season, but I do think some on here were very harsh and didn’t take losing some games but playing very well ... erm... very well...!

Would be nice to see some admit they were wrong (as we all are often on here) and just get behind the team next season without a silly divide popping up after every defeat or win. We’re all Brighton & Hove Albion aren’t we!?

I think the likelihood is that will finish 17th, in which case the ardent Potter outs will be unlikely to change their mind. And why should they? Are they 'terribly wrong' for thinking we should finish higher?

I think most of us believe that finishing 17th is still a success and that things are trending in a positive direction for next season but I don't think we can dismiss those that feel differently as 'terribly wrong'.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
But you chose to do it. You took the time to quote text from a bunch of fans. It took time.

Why would you do this? What were you trying to achieve? I mean, just how empty is your life?!

Same answer again. It took me approx a minute.

You just spent that time writing out multiple replies to me and an approx 100 page post on the other thread about me. All in all you probably spent more time responding to me then I did in my original post [emoji854]

Why would you do this? What are you trying to achieve? Just how empty is your life?

Last edited:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Regardless of mud slinging and name calling etc and who was right and who was terribly wrong (in my opinion the Pitter outers fwiw but cba to pile in), are any of the potter outers now converted and have held their hands up and admitted they were wrong? Can’t be bothered to read the whole thread and of course, we could come bottom next season, but I do think some on here were very harsh and didn’t take losing some games but playing very well ... erm... very well...!

Would be nice to see some admit they were wrong (as we all are often on here) and just get behind the team next season without a silly divide popping up after every defeat or win. We’re all Brighton & Hove Albion aren’t we!?

After watching then in the flesh I'm a lot more optimistic. If Bissouma goes a couple of astute signings and things look much rosier

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Its a shame that opinion is the one that a couple of posters desperately want driven off the board.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

You just spent that time writing out multiple replies to me and an approx 100 page post on the other thread about me. All in all you probably spent more time responding to me then I did in my original post [emoji854]

Why would you do this? What are you trying to achieve? Just how empty is your life?
You are missing his point spectacularly.

You took the time to find the thread, trawl through it quoting everyone who disagreed with you and post a smug condescending response. It doesn't matter if it took 1 minute (yeah, right) or 15, you still decided it was worth doing. That is what makes you hard to like.

For someone who throws round insults at others along the lines of "low intellect", I'm struggling to see how a BRAINBOX such as you has learned so little from a thread in which an early post pointed out that hardly anyone likes your online persona got about 40 likes!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland

You're a very strange individual.

Why not go the whole hog and list all the users who got the score wrong in the predictor thread?! Zzzzzz.

Pointing out other people's 'errors' - whether on NSC or elsewhere - is never going to make you look clever. It's never, ever going to make you well-liked.

It simply suggests you have issues. Maybe you need a girlfriend or a pet or something?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Its a shame that opinion is the one that a couple of posters desperately want driven off the board.

I believe it's a fair and balanced opinion too.
I'd put myself down as thinking similarly over the course of the season.

Some posters seem to be ultra-partisan, fair enough, but they should refrain from ostracizing fellow Albion supporters - seeing as ultimately we all want the same end goal for the club.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Nobody owes anyone an admittance that they were wrong. They might feel that way and change their mind, as is their right on a football forum. The thing is, we won 1 home game in a calendar year and couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo in all that time (but we do look much better in 2021). Now I've never been of the Potter out view, but to hold that opinion is absolutely valid faced with that stark reality. If you can't cope with alternative opinions then that is your issue, not theirs.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009

I have wondered how to do multi quotes and now I know. Thanks.:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here