Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom to take over? [Merged threads]

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think that the club will not make any statement until it actually happens then we will all know about it. Insider would not comment on idle speculation or rumours as he couldn't, even if he wanted to, or knew anything.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Slight contradiction. :laugh:

But I know what you're saying, I couldn't believe Tony Bloom is anything other than Albion through and through. I don't really think Dick Knight needs replacing, but at the same time I think that if Bloom is putting all the money in then I think he deserves more recognition that he currently gets and I would be in favour of a younger man leading the club, with Dick keeping a role in some form.

why don't we ask him whether he knows the name of the fella that Nobby Horton got on a free and then sold for £100,00+? A proper Albion fan would certainly know that sort of thing eh: dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce::bigwave::bigwave:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I'm 100% satisfied that Tony Bloom is a bona-fide, dyed-in-the-wool Albion fan. I've not met him, so I couldn't confirm definitively. However, his grandfather and uncle have both been on the Board of Directors. I have met his brother Darren, who is also a genuine Brighton fan. This was last year, and he was sitting down at a meal in Hove with Dick Knight at the time.

Likewise, I have met Darren. It was at a Johnstone Paints Trophy game vs Bristol City! He was sat behind me and is (a) very knowledgeable; (b) very committed - you don't travel to Bristol for a JPT game if you're not 110% Albion!!

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Old new but from someone who works for the club seems to have the impression that Blooms putting in £20Mil in the players/wages alone. As I said a few weeks ago Blooms words where to 'spunk' cash on the team.

I'm not 100% as I'm not part of the club but I do trust the guy who is.

If its true great news, certainly explain why we've released our first team. Can't see us releasing players like lynch etc without good reason.:yahoo:

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
I wasn't aware that we'd actually released Lynch? Surely this can't be true?

We'll be looking for a healthy fee from Forest surely?

We haven't released Lynch, Dont know where this wum got this from a Garbage can I would of thought...

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
We are going to have to watch this fellow if he keeps talking like this every 3 years or so.
:lol:
The point is he's not some shadowy figure that's never been heard from. How often to you hear from shareholders, even ones who are on the board?

Apologies as I have asked this question a number of times but have never received a reply.

Does anyone "know" how Tony Bloom earns a living and approximately how much he is worth.

Before anyone says poker, he most definately does not make a substantial living from poker and i would be very surprised if he even breaks even. He did own an online betting company a few years ago but this was loss making and was sold for a relatively small sum.

Other rumours have him as a hedge fund dabler and property dabler - both of which would have done well to make any money in the last few years.

I have no doubt that he does put money into the albion - it just seems strange that even on the all seeing interweb i have not been able to see how he earns a living.

If in excess of £100 million is a modest sum to you then perhaps you ought to look down the back of your sofa for some money to invest in the club.

Tony Bloom is minted. Seriously minted.

I would question that we are stakeholders just because we are customers. I certainly don't consider myself to be a stakeholder, although I wish I was!

Then perhaps you ought to read up on the definition of "stakeholder" as defined in classical economic theory. We are most definitely stakeholders.

Stakeholder analysis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
As we would have been without the money of all the shareholders.

Just because there may be one shareholder putting a lot of money in now, it doesn't devalue what others have put in at various stages since 1997.

I would say that the Tony Bloom has been keeping this club afloat for a few years now - Dick and Co haven't the money to do that - I heard that Tony Bloom had been putting money in each month for ages

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
I would say that the Tony Bloom has been keeping this club afloat for a few years now - Dick and Co haven't the money to do that - I heard that Tony Bloom had been putting money in each month

Get ready for the new Tony Bloom arse licker. BHA Bum Ray Bloom Deb.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I would say that the Tony Bloom has been keeping this club afloat for a few years now - Dick and Co haven't the money to do that - I heard that Tony Bloom had been putting money in each month for ages

So? If anything that proves that Tony Bloom and Ray Bloom trust Dick Knight, wholly. Otherwise they would have ousted his ages ago. What say you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here