Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom to take over? [Merged threads]

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
so there is a connection between you and dean wilkins then?

Please tell us what it is.

how many times do i have to say - THERE IS NO CONNECTION WITH ME AND DEAN WILKINS

i said that because normally that is the next line of abuse that i get and NO moderators on here STOP any of it

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
there is no agenda - why would there be -i answered a f***ing question:censored:

The Blooms could easily have ousted Dick years ago, but they chose not to. Why? Perhaps they were happy to keep the ship sailing and put a bit of cash in. If they shared the same opinion of Dick that you do, then they would have forcibly outed him years ago. Thank goodness they do not share the same opinion of some insignificant 'fan'.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So? If anything that proves that Tony Bloom and Ray Bloom trust Dick Knight, wholly. Otherwise they would have ousted his ages ago. What say you?

At the risk of getting involved in this latest round of abuse someon for having an agenda, by that logic, the only thing Micky Adams did wrong was lose to Luton. Obviously nothing else he did was that bad because he wasn't fired prior to that.

Not saying you're wrong about the bloom's trusting knight, just the logic of your argument is flawed. It's entirely possible they've been trusting of him to a point, or the money they intend to invest now is much more than they have previously, and their trust in knight doesn't extend to amounts this large. It could be simply a case of them now losing faith in him, it could have somply been convenient for them to leave him there.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
The Blooms could easily have ousted Dick years ago, but they chose not to. Why? Perhaps they were happy to keep the ship sailing and put a bit of cash in. If they shared the same opinion of Dick that you do, then they would have forcibly outed him years ago. Thank goodness they do not share the same opinion of some insignificant 'fan'.

You know nothing about me so keep your "insignificant" opinion to yourself

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I would say that the Tony Bloom has been keeping this club afloat for a few years now - Dick and Co haven't the money to do that - I heard that Tony Bloom had been putting money in each month for ages

You're making out that the Blooms - or specifically Tony Bloom - are the only ones putting money into the club.

Just not true.

Tony Bloom possibly puts the most in, but they all chip in.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
BHADEB, I can picture you sat behind your computer screen getting wound up, frustrated and stressed. Seriously pal, just calm yourself down, it's not worth getting stressed about. You seem to have an inside track, or atleast think you do, and that's great for you to be in some sort of know. But you can't expect people to listen to you and believe you, it's just not rational on an internet message board where you're posting anonymously and there can be no credibility to your posts, or any other. :thumbsup:

My tuppence, if Dick is leaving the post than I hope he is doing it with his own free will, and not being forced into it because he wouldn't deserve that, he's saved this club and he's kept it going, he is a TRUE Albion Hero, and he should be treated as such. I think maybe the time has come for a younger, richer, man to step up and take the club forward, but Dick has a brilliant job with the club and the sheer fact we're in such a strong position TO move forward as a club is testament to him.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
You're making out that the Blooms - or specifically Tony Bloom - are the only ones putting money into the club.

Just not true.

All i said is Tony Bloom has been keeping this club afloat for a few years now - that is all - i am not saying nobody else has NOT put any money in just that Tony puts in more - even the fans put money in by paying there season tickets and all the sponsors

VERY SORRY IF I HAVE LEFT ANY NAMES OFF THAT PEOPLE CONTRIBUTE MONEY TO THIS FOOTBALL CLUB

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
All i said is Tony Bloom has been keeping this club afloat for a few years now - that is all - i am not saying nobody else has NOT put any money in just that Tony puts in more - even the fans put money in by paying there season tickets and all the sponsors

VERY SORRY IF I HAVE LEFT ANY NAMES OFF THAT PEOPLE CONTRIBUTE MONEY TO THIS FOOTBALL CLUB

Get your story straight.

I suspect you mean Tony Bloom AND THE OTHERS have been keeping the club afloat.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Just not true.

I'd read that as Tony Bloom puts the significant figure in.

Something over the last couple of years has quite obviously changed.

I recall being asked to hand over some money to an Alive and Kicking fund.

I dread to think what spent on agents last season alone, so someone has been digging deeper into their pockets than before.

The new money has come from somewhere and I presume it's come from Master Bloom.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I'd read that as Tony Bloom puts the significant figure in.

Something over the last couple of years has quite obviously changed.

I recall being asked to hand over some money to an Alive and Kicking fund.

I dread to think what spent on agents last season alone, so someone has been digging deeper into their pockets than before.

The new money has come from somewhere and I presume it's come from Master Bloom.

I think Tony Bloom's first significant cash injection (if not his first cash injection) came in at the end of the 2005/06 season.

His money is, of course, vital. And Dick Knight has publicly acknowledged as such.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I think Tony Bloom's first significant cash injection (if not his first cash injection) came in at the end of the 2005/06 season.

Which leads to be believe that it's his money significantly that has been keeping the club afloat.

Not that Dick's stewardship hasn't either - far from it.

I understand he was paying bills before that mind.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
No Tony - as someone else has said why were we asked for money for alive and kicking if they had so much money

Like you I find it very hard to understand that. One moment we were skint, then all of a sudden.....

It's never really mentioned on here.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Like you I find it very hard to understand that.

One moment we were skint, then all of a sudden.....

It's never really mentioned on here.

We're not paying out of the club's coffers for the planning for Falmer, for one. Who's paying for the construction of Falmer now appears to be anyone's guess.

In trading terms, we are, however, still skint. The club is trading at a loss and is technically insolvent.

But for the directors and shareholders over the past dozen years continually digging into their pockets, we'd be long gone. These people are still putting money into the club.

As I understood it, the A&K was there to take the burden off the directors for the spiralling costs of Falmer, and help plug 'the black hole'. Sadly A&K hardly made a dent in it.

The difference is now Tony Bloom is not only helping plug the trading loss gap, he is also putting money up to acquire players.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
We're not paying out of the club's coffers for the planning for Falmer, for one. Who's paying for the construction of Falmer now appears to be anyone's guess.

In trading terms, we are, however, still skint. The club is trading at a loss and is technically insolvent.

But for the directors and shareholders over the past dozen years continually digging into their pockets, we'd be long gone. These people are still putting money into the club.

As I understood it, the A&K was there to take the burden off the directors for the spiralling costs of Falmer, and help plug 'the black hole'. Sadly A&K hardly made a dent in it.

The difference is now Tony Bloom is not only helping plug the trading loss gap, he is also putting money up to acquire players.

So that makes Tony Bloom the significant investor in the club by anyones definition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here