Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom to take over? [Merged threads]

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
From what I hear, the Albion means a great deal to him, and he will put in whatever it needs to take the team to the highest level they can realistically attain, but it is very much a long-term plan and not a short-term punt.

Probably a bit late in respect of the stadium building company, but would still like to see a shitload of safeguards built into the articles of any company formed to oversee the running of Falmer after its built, so that it can't be used as a high value poker chip for any given individual. Just in case, like.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Probably a bit late in respect of the stadium building company, but would still like to see a shitload of safeguards built into the articles of any company formed to oversee the running of Falmer after its built, so that it can't be used as a high value poker chip for any given individual. Just in case, like.

Not much chance of that, the club won't own the ground don't forget.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003

Unless he's playing Malcolm Glazer, in which case we'd probably end up keeping the stadium but with Tevez, Ronaldo and Vidic to go with it.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
On the basis, that most rumours are lies and when people say from a "good source" its a bit suspicious to be honest...;)

I don't know if this is where the GS rumours stared, but earlier this year he was at Withdean, and was interviewed at half time by Harty during which Stevens made it clear he'd like to get into management.

Doesn't mean there's anything to it, but there is a reason for that particular rumour.

From what I hear, the Albion means a great deal to him, and he will put in whatever it needs to take the team to the highest level they can realistically attain, but it is very much a long-term plan and not a short-term punt.

So, he's not going to get us in the premiership next year with a champions league win? Pfft. Don't want him then. He's not good enough.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
I don't know if this is where the GS rumours stared, but earlier this year he was at Withdean, and was interviewed at half time by Harty during which Stevens made it clear he'd like to get into management.

Doesn't mean there's anything to it, but there is a reason for that particular rumour.

So, he's not going to get us in the premiership next year with a champions league win? Pfft. Don't want him then. He's not good enough.

Just meant that he appreciates £4 million a year over five years can be a lot more effective in the long run than £20m all at once. Might seem obvious, but there are many chairmen (and fans) who would opt for the latter.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
We have been Bankrolled by the Blooms for ages now - we would have been right in the s**t without their money

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Given the complete absence of any firm evidence for this thread (Argus, club website etc) can I presume that everything on this thread is pure fantasy and I can safely ignore it rather than waste my time wading through endless pointless posts full of fiction and foundationless speculation based on absolutely nothing whatsoever.

Last edited:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Given the complete absence of any firm evidence for this thread (Argus, club website etc) can I presume that everything on this thread is pure fantasy and I can safely ignore it rather than waste my time wading through endless pointless posts full of fiction and foundationless speculation based on absolutely nothing whatsoever.

You could say that about alot on NSC

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
We have been Bankrolled by the Blooms for ages now - we would have been right in the s**t without their money

As we would have been without the money of all the shareholders.

Just because there may be one shareholder putting a lot of money in now, it doesn't devalue what others have put in at various stages since 1997.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

This thread is a merging of several threads. The earliest of which was started by someone who heard it from "a good source". This morning a couple of other threads popped up after an article appeared in the news of the world saying the same thing (link provided elsewhere in this thread). If you'll believe something because it is in the argus (which seems to get a lot of stories from here), I think you can believe the NotW (which was right about birchall going to LA galaxy).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here