Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tommy Elphick to Bournemouth and new player coming in tomorrow? (mod: title edited)

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
So Tommy could go having never got the chance to play at the Amex. Shame.

I still think he could do a job and might come in handy, especially with Dunk having certain other matters to deal with in the coming months. The club must be very confident that he can cope.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I am not happy about this. We have competition for the centre back places, but that is good and when we have injury and suspension issues mid / late season we need strength in depth. ANything could happen to Dunk, GG will certainly be suspended at some stage.... AEA can't cover both of them!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Agree that our wage policy might be restricting us but a load could be freed up by getting rid of 3 or 4 where we are well provided for and have adequate cover. I'm bemused at his seeming reluctance to off load and free up some wages

Gus said in his last interview on Player that he wants rid of a few players as soon as possible. :)

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Best of luck to Tommy, in fairness he is not going to get many games and GP alluded to some players movin on earlier in the week... Maybe we are starting to see a little bit of a player cull, and sharpening of the squad...

Lets hope so, you can't carry too much ballast and sail the seas of hope with confidence. :)

Best of luck to Tommy. The club have looked after him well during his recovery.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I am not happy about this. We have competition for the centre back places, but that is good and when we have injury and suspension issues mid / late season we need strength in depth. ANything could happen to Dunk, GG will certainly be suspended at some stage.... AEA can't cover both of them!

Then Calderon or Vincelot would play there, or one of the centre backs from the development squad.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Are we to assume that as the thread starter got Elphick right(ish) that he may be right with regards to the player coming in? Hmmmmm

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I feel sorry for the lad - especially after his lengthy injury - but I'm not surprised by today's news really. Here's hoping 'The Kaiser' gets plenty of much-deserved 1st team footy in down the coast & manages to retain his fitness.

I'd also like to echo the thoughts about Mr Elphick from several others on here. He's Albion through & through & it's been a pleasure to see him come through the ranks & represent us so well. I'll never forget that moment at Brizzle Rovers after the final whistle when he was stood in front of us, with fists clenched & screaming his delight as we all went completely mental. Marvelous, marvelous scenes.

Thanks for the memories, Tommy, & all the very best in your future career. :clap2:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'll never forget that moment at Brizzle Rovers after the final whistle, when he was stood in front of us with fists clenched & screaming his delight as we all went completely mental. Marvelous, marvelous scenes.

What a fantastic night, that was.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
he is playing for there reserve squad atm

last I heard there was talk of Hall going to Bristol City on loan (from Tottenham). Don't know if it's happening - the usual silence from the Argus on anything that isn't pre-released/authorised by the club.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I feel sorry for the lad - especially after his lengthy injury - but I'm not surprised by today's news really. Here's hoping 'The Kaiser' gets plenty of much-deserved 1st team footy in down the coast & manages to retain his fitness.

I'd also like to echo the thoughts about Mr Elphick from several others on here. He's Albion through & through & it's been a pleasure to see him come through the ranks & represent us so well. I'll never forget that moment at Brizzle Rovers after the final whistle when he was stood in front of us, with fists clenched & screaming his delight as we all went completely mental. Marvelous, marvelous scenes.

Thanks for the memories, Tommy, & all the very best in your future career. :clap2:

Excellent post and I agree with everything you say, Good luck Tommy.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Are we to assume that as the thread starter got Elphick right(ish) that he may be right with regards to the player coming in? Hmmmmm

supposedly a £2m "swoop" for Jermaine Beckford but who knows?

Maybe it'll be Owen or Murray or Cole or Mutu or................................................

Echo all the complimentary things being said about Tommy. A good servant to the club and a good player through to the point when we started to put emphasis on accurate distribution out of defence. A better header of the ball defensively and offensively than either Greer or Dunk.

If the deal goes through I hope he does really well. Bournefluff have some serious money at the moment (whether it will last?). Must have a chance of being in the promotion shake-up.

Last edited:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
What a fantastic night, that was.

Indeed it was - & extremely significant in the great position we find ourselves in right now. :thumbsup:

ps I used to have a pic of that legendary Tommy celebration (from the official website), but it's long gone. Any of you smashas still got it perchance?

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
Apparently the deal to Bournemouth is permanent for a 6 figure fee. Wouldn't bet against another defender arriving. Nothing concrete to base this on at the moment, so don't get too excited.
Ignasi Miquel would be a good idea, can play Left back, centre half and defensive midfield. Perfect.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'd be gutted to loose Elphick, a really nice bloke who bleeds blue and white. If he goes we will need to replace him as 3 centre backs wouldn't be enough to cover suspensions and injuries

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
Tommy to Bournemouth

Now don't shoot the messenger, I am hearing our Tommy Elphick may be going to Bournemouth
I haven't a clue how true it is but it's on Facebook and twitter.
I thought he may have forced his way into the team this year as he also scores the odd goal

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here