Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tommy Elphick to Bournemouth and new player coming in tomorrow? (mod: title edited)

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
He went where the money was. He didn't do anything to upset Brighton fans deliberately, well, he could have put his 20 yarder wide at the Amex, I suppose! I would love him back. Harley would need a new number though.

And don't call me Shirley.
He played 20 mins today for palace against reading ( lost 2-0)
All things considered we have discussed so many strikers recently I have to believe that we will sign someone surely and the thing with GM he knows the GP way...as I said earlier something has to give sooner or later.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Friday's "today" became Saturday. Does that mean Friday's "tomorrow" becomes Sunday? Should we be expecting an announcement tonight, or tomorrow (or Monday if Sunday is not a business day).

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Friday's "today" became Saturday. Does that mean Friday's "tomorrow" becomes Sunday? Should we be expecting an announcement tonight, or tomorrow (or Monday if Sunday is not a business day).

Let's hope CMS is fit for next Saturday or we'll be a bit short up front at this rate!

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Let's hope CMS is fit for next Saturday or we'll be a bit short up front at this rate!

The worry is, that even if he is suddenly declared fit, he will still have missed preseason and certainly will not be "match fit". As his game is based upon his high level of fitness allowing him to run around a lot, how effective will he be?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
The other problem is that apart from listening to the whingeing from the Barnes haters, we'd then have to also listen to the equally stupid comments about tainted Palace player whenever Murray hit a lean spell or looked anything less than 100% committed, which he often does because that's his style of play. Not sure I could take that

You are correct - that is something he would have to live with.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
???

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The worry is, that even if he is suddenly declared fit, he will still have missed preseason and certainly will not be "match fit". As his game is based upon his high level of fitness allowing him to run around a lot, how effective will he be?

He hasn't missed all preseason as it was at the Lewes game he got injured. He will be a couple of weeks behind the other players but will soon catch up.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Two things that struck me about this didn't Gary O Reilly make the same move and when it was first muted, said GM would regret going to Palace. Secondly didn't Gus say that he couldn't fault GM for joining Palace to secure his family's future financially. Also that he would have probably done the same. So Gus has nothing to be criticised for in this.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
???

He's been injured since Notts County away hasn't he? I doubt he's said he's not happy due to playing time when he's been unable to play...

Sorry meant he wouldnt get any playing time, appreciated he was injured, I was in Spain and couldnt get signal but wanted to pass it on as heard from someone ITK over there

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here