Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tommy Elphick to Bournemouth and new player coming in tomorrow? (mod: title edited)

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Ok if it was gm how much would be acceptable to pay out for him? Less than a million surely....I'd say round 750k leaves some cash for any other areas if needed too..

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I just wonder how Gus / the Club will spin it if we do sign him having let him go for free to out biggest rivals, and also if Gus wanted to keep him why he didn't match Palace's offer in the first place seemingly making the decision that he just wasn't that important.

I like Gus but if this Murray rumour turns into him re-signing, Gus is going to look a prize idiot. I'm personally calling bullshit on this rumour. Gus is no fool.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The person that told Me also mentioned Bridge,Crofts,Vicente and a right back from Valencia about 2 weeks before they signed,as I said Murray is the cf we are after,but not a done deal yet.

Very depressing if Murray is THE striker we are after. OK as a squad member, not good enough to be the main striker :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Well you do have that multi coloured lycra suit so you should at least have a bash

Lucky I dont suffer from clinkers like you, they would look horrible under the lycra:sick:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The player the club are trying to sign is Glen Murray,whether He does sign is a different matter.

He wants to come back very much,never wanted to leave by all accounts,classic case of agents ruining the game,how close we are?don't know.

so which is it then, we are trying to sign him or he is wants to come back? because if it were both, then a simple fee would resolve this very quickly. its bollocks, if Gus wanted him, he wouldnt have let him go and i really cant seem him paying a fee now to bring him back.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Maybe its not about playing for a new contract but more playing for Gus? Murray's best form coincided with Gus' arrival, not just when his contract was expiring.

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
so which is it then, we are trying to sign him or he is wants to come back? because if it were both, then a simple fee would resolve this very quickly. its bollocks, if Gus wanted him, he wouldnt have let him go and i really cant seem him paying a fee now to bring him back.

Maybe Gus did want him but not at the wages he was demanding. Now may GM has decided the grass isn't greener on the other side and actually maybe he doesn't need as much money as he thought! If his wage demands aren't large maybe Gus thinks a fee would be worth it.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
If he ever did come back he'd only be useful for half the season because he'd have to spend 6 months in quarantine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here