Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To Those Peple Who Wanted McGhee Sacked...

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
:)

You are just a weird messageboard leech who parasites off the opinions of others because you have none of your own. Whatever is the popular middle-ground opinion of a forum, that will be your opinion.

To be fair he has been pretty consistent in supporting McGhee.

You seem to be intent at present on character assasination of people you do not like or who have a different opinion of you. Does not really make for a healthy discussion board, does it Steve?

Uncle Buck said:
To be fair he has been pretty consistent in supporting McGhee.

You seem to be intent at present on character assasination of people you do not like or who have a different opinion of you. Does not really make for a healthy discussion board, does it Steve?

Moralists like you reeking with double standards is not that healthy either Uncle Buck, but we'll get by :)

Have you got fed up discussing the team then?

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:
And you can do all this despite going to, what, about 3 or 4 games this season? :lolol: I admit, you are the board expert at discussing in-depth tactics at games you haven't seen :thumbsup:

5 actually. So going to more games makes it ok to lie? Going to the Gillingham game and seeing within the first 10 minutes that their defence had worked out the long ball to Revell tactic that you were still advocating 2 weeks later means I can't comment on it because I havent been to more than 5 games? Going to about 27 games last year and 5 this year means I can't tell Carpenter is past it?

If this is the case then don't comment on the formation of the Bristol city game as you weren't there. Mind you you still did, telling people who were at the game they were wrong.

You are a hypocrite LI, one who would rather rubbish someones charater than engage with their opinion.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
mr cgull said:
Before I start my rant I would like to make it quite clear that Wilkins has my full support & backing, but...

To all those people who were appalled by our progress under McGhee and insisted on him being ousted, I hope you are getting a well deserved reality check.

Surprise, surprise, results are no better (possbily worse) under a new manager. Is it due to management? No, it's due to the apparently irrelevant facts of:
1. No ground.
2. No money.
3. Players who had over-achieved in getting to Championship in first place (under McGhee's management ironically).
4. Difficulty in attracting players to an athletics track surrounded by golf spectating stands.

Personally, I think we're exactly where we should be, lower mid-table, and if we can stay there the future looks good with the youngsters. I like the way Wilkins talks and am sure he will be an excellent manager, BUT, if I had to put my house on it (not that I own/can afford one (but that's another rant)), I would back McGhee as an experienced manager of some success, to have lead us as least as high.

Rant over.

:clap: Couldnt have put it better.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:
Moralists like you reeking with double standards is not that healthy either Uncle Buck, but we'll get by :)

Who the f*** is this 'we' you speak of?

Double standards eh? Check my post above LI. Also I notice you don't deny the character assassinations.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:

Here we go again.

I can at least take on board the opinion of people, rather than just attacking them and belittling them as it is different from mine, which is something you do seem to struggle over and what you said about Les was not the truth, just an attempt to sling mud, for no real reason.

Les Biehn said:

If this is the case then don't comment on the formation of the Bristol city game as you weren't there. Mind you you still did, telling people who were at the game they were wrong.

Now that is a lie - I would never say anything definitive on a game I haven't seen, it's one of my pet hates because idiots like you do it all the time. Produce the post, Les the liar :)

Last edited:

Sid James said:
I didn't say he was beyond discussion. I just don't understand such venom now he is gone. You seem to think he only ever came down here to destroy our club whilst pulling in a few quid in the process.

Such venom? dunno if you noticed, but football has long incited discussions and debates - as well as not-a-little passion.
Maybe you have also overlooked that there are more than one person, and more than one side to the discussion?

Personally, I don't see the point of hooliganism, that seems to be the domain for those who cannot express their vitriol or passion in an educated way.
I spose that, if people completely disrespect the opinion of another, they don't give them the satisfaction or recognition of any decent response at all!
From these sorts of discussions, are exacerbated the views of both sides of the fence - otherwise we would never know that McGhee had anyone supportive of him whatsoever.

Nothing is guaranteed anyway is it? I mean, MM was let go in the knowledge that we might still struggle badly without him....... or we might not and the team start to succeed.
The risk has been acknowledged and agreed upon by those in charge of the running of the club.

Uncle Buck said:
Here we go again.

I can at least take on board the opinion of people, rather than just attacking them and belittling them as it is different from mine, which is something you do seem to struggle over and what you said about Les was not the truth, just an attempt to sling mud, for no real reason.
Yet you will completely ignore his endless snide remarks directed at me, simply because we have pronounced differences on McGhee? It's called double standards Uncle Buck, sorry.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:
Now that is a lie - I would never say anything definitive on a game I haven't seen, it's one of my pet hates because idiots like you do it all the time. Produce the post, Les the liar :)

Ok, give me a minute I will see if I can find it.

By the way did you check out Uncle B's post? You know that well know anti MM who has just said that I was pro MM and that you are talking shit about me? Also you didn't produce any evidence for my so called middle ground stance did you. I'm sure that won't happen either.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
Yet you will completely ignore his endless snide remarks directed at me, simply because we have pronounced differences on McGhee? It's called double standards Uncle Buck, sorry.

Snide remarks are not right, but calling him a liar like you did is not on.

But on this thread you have gone at people in your belittling manner whose opinion differs from you, but I guess we should be use to that by now.

Such is life.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:

Perhaps LI should ask why I aim snide remarks at him but no one else?

Les Biehn said:
Ok, give me a minute I will see if I can find it.

By the way did you check out Uncle B's post? You know that well know anti MM who has just said that I was pro MM and that you are talking shit about me? Also you didn't produce any evidence for my so called middle ground stance did you. I'm sure that won't happen either.

I'll be here waiting.

Uncle Buck sides with you because you constantly slag me off in personal terms regardless of the topic under discussion, no other reason, and not because Uncle Buck is some kind of advocate of healthy debate on here.

Last edited:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
"handbags"

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
I'll be here waiting.

Uncle Buck sides with you because you constantly slag me off in personal terms regardless of the topic under discussion, no other reason, and not because Uncle Buck is some advocate of healthy debate on here :)

I do not side with him very often.

Nice swipe at me there Steve, not much need for it, but nice anyway.

Sure there is room for you to have another cheap shot...

Les Biehn said:
Perhaps LI should ask why I aim snide remarks at him but no one else?

I am not a pyschiatrist, I really wouldn't have the expertise.

Found that post yet?

Uncle Buck said:
I do not side with him very often.

Nice swipe at me there Steve, not much need for it, but nice anyway.

Sure there is room for you to have another cheap shot...

I did actually restrain myself from citing an example, in the interests of moderation! :D

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:

Found that post yet?

London Irish said:
Because it isn't that many. I don't doubt that Revell was isolated, but that doesn't mean we were playing 4-5-1, it just means Frutos and Loft were not effective in ther assigned roles.

There are some more if you want?

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
NMH said:
Funny Icy, but I have the same view of you!

It's known that I'm not the only one who who saw the big picture as requiring of a change, :

Not really a convincing argument, I see it as a mistake but am quite happy to get behind DW. I don't take it personally, so your gloating is wasted, but just because he was sacked doesn't necessarily make it the right decision. only time will tell. I am convinced MM would have got us mid table respectabilty, if Deano does the same I will be happy.

MM did his best and for most of his tenure did a good job. We will only know if his failure to replace players and get the results that NSC DEMANDED was his fault or the boards when we see what money is released for Deano and how he does.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here