Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To Those Peple Who Wanted McGhee Sacked...

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:
I am not a pyschiatrist, I really wouldn't have the expertise.

Another nice slur/snide remark. Keep them coming, your just proving the type of person you are.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Oh and by the way are you gonna apologise at any point for the first lie you made about me on this thread?

Les Biehn said:
There are some more if you want?

Post it all if you want, I wasn't saying anything definitive, just querying why people were saying we played 4-5-1 when every single media outlet said we were playing 4-3-3. Put the entire thread on here if you want.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
McGhee you say, McGhee, nope, sorry, no idea who you are talking about

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:
I would never say anything definitive on a game I haven't seen, it's one of my pet hates because idiots like you do it all the time.

I didn't notice this before. Proof please dickhead (obviously name calling is allowed so I thought I would join in).

London Irish said:
Post it all if you want, I wasn't saying anything definitive, just querying why people were saying we played 4-5-1 when every single media outlet said we were playing 4-3-3. Put the entire thread on here if you want.

I never said you said anything definitive, you said people who were there were wrong about what they saw. Or is you arguing that the formation can't have been 451 not refuting that? Also you said I shouldn't make judgements on the advice of people who were there if I wasn't. Yet you are? Another contradiction.

Oh and here is the post so people can check out how you were suggesting people were wrong about the formation.

http://www.northstandchat.biz/showt...ge=20&highlight=bristol tactics&pagenumber=14

Roughly pages 5-10

Last edited:

Les Biehn said:
Oh and by the way are you gonna apologise at any point for the first lie you made about me on this thread?

Yeah, right. Are you going to apologise for never keeping any of your promises that you are not going to shit this board up with more personal spats?

Do you remember this?

Les Biehn said:
To be honest that is the end of it for me. He can continue twisting words and telling lies. I will post on football threads and as soon as he gets involved I will just leave.

That lasted, what, a couple of weeks before you started up your snide, attention-seeking remaks again? Admit it, you get off on it! :)

Les Biehn said:
I didn't notice this before. Proof please dickhead (obviously name calling is allowed so I thought I would join in).

I never said you said anything definitive, you said people who were there were wrong about what they saw. Or is you arguing that the formation can't have been 451 not refuting that? Also you said I shouldn't make judgements on the advice of people who were there if I wasn't. Yet you are? Another contradiction.

Oh and here is the post so people can check out how you were suggesting people were wrong about the formation.

http://www.northstandchat.biz/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86799&perpage=20&pagenumber=8

Roughly pages 5-10

That link leads directly to this thread. Have another go! :lolol:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
this is getting needlessly anal

Uncle Buck said:
Something the you have in common then, I can see the start of a long, beautiful friendship (as long as they never have to meet).

Is this more of your attempt to promote healthy debate on NSC? :jester: Doing a great job there!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Dave the Gaffer said:
this is getting needlessly anal
What is? Are you watching a video? Happy birthday, btw! :wave:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:
That link leads directly to this thread. Have another go! :lolol:

http://www.northstandchat.biz/showt...ge=20&highlight=bristol tactics&pagenumber=14

There you go sweetheart.

Also I see you are avoiding the subject. With that I shall say no more. Easier for me to keep quiet now rather than give you more fuel for your lies, see you make more accusations without proof (despite constantly demanding it from others) and side stepping when you are proved wrong.

You have been proved wrong so my job is done. Have fun Stevie:wave:

Last edited:

Les Biehn said:
I didn't notice this before. Proof please dickhead (obviously name calling is allowed so I thought I would join in.

Oh you've called me plenty worse than that in the year or so you've been on here, don't worry.

Yes, the main example I was thinking of was your definitive comment that Richard Carpenter had enjoyed a poor start to the season for the Albion. You said this even though you had only seen one of the first 4 games.

http://www.northstandchat.biz/showthread.php?threadid=83047 from here onwards

Icy Gull said:
Not really a convincing argument, I see it as a mistake but am quite happy to get behind DW. I don't take it personally, so your gloating is wasted, but just because he was sacked doesn't necessarily make it the right decision. only time will tell. I am convinced MM would have got us mid table respectabilty, if Deano does the same I will be happy.

MM did his best and for most of his tenure did a good job. We will only know if his failure to replace players and get the results that NSC DEMANDED was his fault or the boards when we see what money is released for Deano and how he does.

Well I wouldn't say I'm having a personal 'gloat' about anything, I really don't think I have taken any stance unwarranted by the discussion you have given - but let's not forget an intrinsic fact to all this, we share a common desire for any and all managers to SUCCEED at Brighton, not want them to fail so we can gloat!
I was sitting behind MM willing him to enact changes when things were going badly, and when far away from games I was doing the same in the chatroom.
I did NOT join in the singing "you don't know what you're doing" and didn't shout for his head when we were losing games. However, from witnessing the unavoidably-obvious lack of desire and passion, and lack of ability to instill it in the team - I could only surmise that MM possessed not enough passion for the team, his own work, and the reflection on him as a professional. From that, I cannot salute him on his way out the door. I also think he dulled the passion in others, lost respect and seeded spite in some of them with his tactics and deployments of players.

I wondered, watching performances on the pitch, about his training, his tactics, his team-talks, his substitutions, his attachment to the club, his contacts, his relationships with fellow professionals/ the respect from players, if he was watching the same game as us, and last but not least; his desire for success.

I don't really think it matched mine, .....or yours for that matter Icy.

Les Biehn said:

There you go sweetheart.

Also I see you are avoiding the subject. With that I shall say no more. Easier for me to keep quiet now rather than give you more fuel for your lies, see you make more accusations without proof (despite constantly demanding it from others) and side stepping when you are proved wrong.

You have been proved wrong so my job is done. Have fun Stevie:wave:

Well done dumbo, you linked straight to me saying this:

London Irish said:
I'm gonna watch the game, and then I'll be in a better position to answer your questions if you still want to flog this sickly horse.

which is me explaining I couldn't give you any definitive comments on the Bristol game until after I'd watched a taped copy of it! :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:

which is me explaining I couldn't give you any definitive comments on the Bristol game until after I'd watched a taped copy of it! :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Les Biehn said:
I never said you said anything definitive, you said people who were there were wrong about what they saw. Or is you arguing that the formation can't have been 451 not refuting that?

London Irish said:
We are not playing one up front, the system is 4-3-3, sometimes switched to 4-4-2.

:dunce:

Last edited:

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
Can I just say how mightily impressed I am by the use of multiple quotes in these posts. Have never got the hang of it myself.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by London Irish
We are not playing one up front, the system is 4-3-3, sometimes switched to 4-4-2.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dumbo again Les! - this a reference to the general system we had been playing in our first 5 games of the season, I was not specifically referring to the Bristol game!

Funnily enough though, I have since that thread watched the Bristol game on tape and, surprise surprise, Loft and Frutos were playing well in advance of the midfield 3. The Bristol commentator on the tape even said we were playing 4-3-3! :lolol:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here