Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To Those Peple Who Wanted McGhee Sacked...

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Trigger said:
f*** me, is this still blabbing on?...

He's gone, goodbye, finished, get it?...

:wave:

Come on Trig, surely its much more fun to constantly promasterbate over every little issue surrounding MM and what may have been and the impact he may have had 16 years down the line and blah blah blah.........................................................................................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Les Biehn said:
Come on Trig, surely its much more fun to constantly promasterbate over every little issue surrounding MM and what may have been and the impact he may have had 16 years down the line and blah blah blah.........................................................................................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Yes, sorry... Forgive me. :blush:

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
stop being dicks, you all wanted him sacked i was one of the only people on here who wanted to keep him, your turning into bloody tottenham / west ham fans

Dandyman

In London village.
London Irish said:
Well, 3 actually. And we should have got a point yesterday. If we play badly against Blackpool next week and lose, that might be a warning sign but let's all calm down, early days yet.

:clap:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Zesh-Rehman36 said:
stop being dicks, you all wanted him sacked i was one of the only people on here who wanted to keep him, your turning into bloody tottenham / west ham fans

the anti-mcguee brigade are now telling those who backed him should just get over it! Just because you got it so wrong!! DK got rid of McGuee because of fan pressure. Well my friends, you reap what you sow, and might think about the circumstances before organising a hate campaign to oust the manager. But I doubt it.

portlock seagull said:
the anti-mcguee brigade are now telling those who backed him should just get over it! Just because you got it so wrong!! DK got rid of McGuee because of fan pressure. Well my friends, you reap what you sow, and might think about the circumstances before organising a hate campaign to oust the manager. But I doubt it.

What ARE you on about? McGhee had long seasons to prove worthwhile and he failed to. He is a proven poor Brighton manager, and I have no clue how you can come to any other conclusion - assuming you witnessed his tactical genius and the results of his man-management.
However badly we do after he has gone, it won't change my opinion or the magoo-haters who are happy he's gone. Good f***ing riddance, and NO amount of 'look where this has got us, another fine mess etc' from you makes an iota of difference or sense.

"Get over it" would be right, the whole freakin' club now have to get over it.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
NMH said:
What ARE you on about? McGhee had long seasons to prove worthwhile and he failed to. He is a proven poor Brighton manager, and I have no clue how you can come to any other conclusion - assuming you witnessed his tactical genius and the results of his man-management.
However badly we do after he has gone, it won't change my opinion or the magoo-haters who are happy he's gone. Good f***ing riddance, and NO amount of 'look where this has got us, another fine mess etc' from you makes an iota of difference or sense.

"Get over it" would be right, the whole freakin' club now have to get over it.

Thats the biggest load of bollox Ive ever heard.

McGhee had long seasons to prove worthwhile and he failed to did he? Maybe I'm, wrong then but I was under the impression that he got us promoted against the odds and if that wasnt enough then kept us up, again against the odds. If thats a "proven poor manager" I dont know what the f*** you are expecting.

jakes right boot

Jul 29, 2006
A poor Brighton manager who was in charge when we beat West Ham, Sunderland, Palace, Sheff Utd, Preston, Leicester,took 4 points off Leeds United two seasons running and held Tottenham for quite a long time in a thrilling FA cup game.
A manager who has done well at Championship level with his previous 4 clubs.

He had his best players sold off to finance the Falmer bid and wasn't given funds to replace them. No wonder he and the squad lost heart.

chez said:
Thats the biggest load of bollox Ive ever heard.

McGhee had long seasons to prove worthwhile and he failed to did he? Maybe I'm, wrong then but I was under the impression that he got us promoted against the odds and if that wasnt enough then kept us up, again against the odds. If thats a "proven poor manager" I dont know what the f*** you are expecting.

'He' got us promoted against the odds with a side that proved capable, then 'managed' to strip away or alienate much of what prompted that promotion, including the player who sealed it, without replacements.

Oh, and another thing, do you reeeeally believe in keeping a manager on the strength of one amazingly squeeky past glory? Whaddaya say, Keegan or Sven for England..... I say Sven for the 5-1 in Germany that proved FOREVER what a brilliant 'Svengali' was managing England.

Sven must, in actual fact, be your idea of a football management GOD!

:dunce:

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
NMH said:
'He' got us promoted against the odds with a side that proved capable, then 'managed' to strip away or alienate much of what prompted that promotion, including the player who sealed it, without replacements.

There's no room in that one sided argument for lack of funds to replace them with, obviously.

Last edited:

jakes right boot said:
A poor Brighton manager who was in charge when we beat West Ham, Sunderland, Palace, Sheff Utd, Preston, Leicester,took 4 points off Leeds United two seasons running and held Tottenham for quite a long time in a thrilling FA cup game.

He had his best players sold off to finance the Falmer bid and wasn't given funds to replace them. No wonder he and the squad lost heart.

Oh, so as long as we beat a few big names by shocking them from the depths of the division, then the manager is a genius?
Riiiight ! :laugh:

jakes right boot said:

During all that jawdropping namedropping, you omitted to mention the points we dropped against all the relegation rivals with very small names.
I bet Charles Manson's CV looks f***ing INCREDIBLE (if you just forget to mention the savage murders, blood smearing and swastika tattoo)

Icy Gull said:
There's no room in that one sided argument for lack of funds to replace them with, obviously.

MM wasn't the first to take the helm with a lack of funds for Brighton and Hove Albion.
Didn't you already know that?
Okay, sorry, in case you missed it; MM wasn't the first to take the helm with a lack of funds for Brighton and Hove Albion.

I expect my Gran could also take Brighton down to the 1st, lose some talented players for peanuts, and stand on the touchline dispassionately while her squad capitulated at home to average sides.
Just like your glorious Mark McGhee, she wouldn't know what she was doing.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Isn't this argument getting a little boring now? Some think MM should have gone, Some dont. There are arguments to both sides.

He has gone now, Can we just leave it?

NMH said:
MM wasn't the first to take the helm with a lack of funds for Brighton and Hove Albion.
Okay, sorry, in case you missed it; MM wasn't the first to take the helm with a lack of funds for Brighton and Hove Albion.

I expect my Gran could also take Brighton down to the 1st, lose some talented players for peanuts, and stand on the touchline dispassionately while her squad capitulated at home to average sides.
It's weird how your dislike of McGhee has become pathological.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
NMH said:

Again, a ridiculously one sided argument that shows a complete lack of undersatnding for the situation. Life is not the black and white you insist on seeing it.

Icy Gull said:
Again, a ridiculously one sided argument that shows a complete lack of undersatnding for the situation. Life is not the black and white you insist on seeing it.

Well then, in a world full of wonderful colour and dimension, it appears that your man has been SACKED! Yes, sacked despite all the odds that you have stacked, despite all the faults he lacked, his copybook has been blacked......
FACT.

:lolol:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
NMH - Pathological hatred of MM
LI - Pathological love of MM

And there we have it people. the two extremes and not much in between.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here