Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

time to remind dick knight we got rid of one chairman.could be his turn next

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
loved your anti-adams rant at half time:lolol:

I had my car broken into last night, sat nav stolen, locks bust, and then had to drive 150 miles to watch that UTTER SHITE of a first half performance.

I thought that, under the circumstances, I was very restrained.

When we scored the equaliser Harty and I both jumped up at the same time and he gave me a left hook to the chin (by accident I hasten to add).

As for saying that the players don't care, a sight of the reaction of our very own Captain Haddock, Andy Whing, at the final whistle, would disprove that notion. He went disco mental crazy.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I don't think it's Dick Knight we should be getting rid of but others on the board need questioning as to their motives

I have to be honest and say IMO the Albion is run more by cock-up than conspiracy.

Whatever people think of the Blooms, they have sunk about £8 million into the club, with little or no chance of ever seeing it again. They have done this first and foremost because they are fans, who want to see us survive, and have a decent stadium to play in.

There are NO ulterior motives, the Albion will not make money at Falmer.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I don't think it's Dick Knight we should be getting rid of but others on the board need questioning as to their motives

Silly thought could Archer still be pulling some strings via one of his old
fellow directors and providing the cash for that man to gain control of the club.

I would see it as a great game if I was in his position with his wealth and could afford to lose a couple of million and say ' those supporters think they won but who has won finally' but then I have what some might say is a warped sense of humour, but I wonder!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
fellow directors and providing the cash for that man to gain control of the club.

I would see it as a great game if I was in his position with his wealth and could afford to lose a couple of million and say ' those supporters think they won but who has won finally' but then I have what some might say is a warped sense of humour, but I wonder!
I think you are getting paranoid. Why should he care?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

I've often wondered where a poker player can stump up such funds from ?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Give Mr Briggs a chance.

He was probably in nappies when Mr Knight rescued the Albion.

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
I am extremely grateful that people like Dick Knight and Martin Perry have slogged their guts out for well over a decade, rescuing the club from the verge of oblivion and piloting an immensely complex, politically challenging planning application to success.

During that time I am also immensely grateful that the club has invested heavily in the youth team, developing a raft of players who have represented this club and others with skill and dedication.

I am thankful that we have had a chairman who has managed to attract some high class managers (Coppell, Taylor, Adams, McGhee) despite our impoverished state.

I am grateful that we have a chairman who has proved time and again that he is an expert negotiator, and who has managed to secure fantastic fees for players like Harding, Virgo, CKR, Zamora, etc, etc, to keep this club afloat.

I am proud to support a club whose board espouses old-fashioned values (eg: voting against the recent "fudge" regarding foreign players, treating players with respect, turning down money from the Football League that was tainted with Archers' hand).

I am very happy that we have a club which attracted huge support from fans of other teams - mainly because they had an affinity with what the club and its owners were about.

I am, above all, glad that we have a chairman and senior board members who are genuine fans.

In all businesses there are ups and downs. We have had some great "ups" over the past decade, and inevitably there will be some downs. That's life.

Hear Hear (from a Season Ticket Holder)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I am extremely grateful that people like Dick Knight and Martin Perry have slogged their guts out for well over a decade, rescuing the club from the verge of oblivion and piloting an immensely complex, politically challenging planning application to success.

During that time I am also immensely grateful that the club has invested heavily in the youth team, developing a raft of players who have represented this club and others with skill and dedication.

I am thankful that we have had a chairman who has managed to attract some high class managers (Coppell, Taylor, Adams, McGhee) despite our impoverished state.

I am grateful that we have a chairman who has proved time and again that he is an expert negotiator, and who has managed to secure fantastic fees for players like Harding, Virgo, CKR, Zamora, etc, etc, to keep this club afloat.

I am proud to support a club whose board espouses old-fashioned values (eg: voting against the recent "fudge" regarding foreign players, treating players with respect, turning down money from the Football League that was tainted with Archers' hand).

I am very happy that we have a club which attracted huge support from fans of other teams - mainly because they had an affinity with what the club and its owners were about.

I am, above all, glad that we have a chairman and senior board members who are genuine fans.

In all businesses there are ups and downs. We have had some great "ups" over the past decade, and inevitably there will be some downs. That's life.

Very good post. I read all of this sack the manager, sack the board, sack Tommy Fraser, sack El-Abd stuff and I wonder if it's just me that's wrong to think that we're lucky to have MA DK and the rest, if fact we're bloody lucky to have a club at all.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I wonder if Master Briggs has realised that everybody thinks he's an ignorant tosser yet ?

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis

:clap::clap:

Hard to dissagree with any of that. DK has made mistakes (getting admas back was one imho) but he has probably been the greatest chairman this club has ever had. He got us our stadium.

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
From your profile "raymondbriggs has not made any friends yet"

Yep - s'about right

good god!!! TRHK makes his friends through his keypad.!!!

attilla has no faith in the manager
NMH has no faith in the team
Ian Hart has lost faith in D.K.
every fucker who posts on here is pissed off with the performances this season but put up a suggestion for debate and all some of you can manage is a bit of sub 5th form bullying.

Steve Gritt deserves to be in that list.

But can you tell me
1.How much we paid for CKR
2. How much we sold him for?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Steve Gritt deserves to be in that list.

But can you tell me
1.How much we paid for CKR
2. How much we sold him for?

1. We paid £45,000 to Bury for CKR, the remainder of the £250,000 was to cover wages.

2. We sold him to Sheffield United for £150,000, and then took 30% of the profit when they sold him a year later for £1million. This generated a further fee of £255,000. Therefore the total profit was £360,000.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here