Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time for CMS to be dropped?

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
CMS is a good player and should be a starter for us - but - i get frustrated by people who equate chasing down every ball as being a positive thing. If we want to play that way - then everyone needs to press like CMS or else the oppo pass the ball to someone not under pressure. CMS would be better if he saved his energy for runs that lead to something - unless he thinks that workrate will cover for failings elsewhere. I am not 100% convinced he is the right striker for us given the way we play. His first touch is only ok and his body strenghth is poor for this division. As most of us probably know - he is a box player - and we do not currently play much of the game in the penalty box - not that there is anything wrong with that.

D

Deleted member 22389

Once we get the right player to work with CMS he is going to be lethal. Due to the way we play he has not had that many chances. You wait and see. Nobody should be writing him off. If we where bottom of the league I would understand. We are 12th just over half way through the season, that's brilliant.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
duh.gif

., . . . . . . . . . . .; . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~., . . . . . . . . . . . . ..
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-., . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:, . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :̲,. . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,} . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}. . . . . . .
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./. . . . . . . .
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . .// . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./. . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/. . . . . . . . . .
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .} . . ;. . . . .
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../. . . . . . . . . .
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../. . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”. . . . . . . . . . . .. .
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\, , . . .. . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__ . . . . . . . . . . .
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-, . . . . . .
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\. . . . . . . . . . '=~-- . . .
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\. . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__ . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>-- . . . . . . . . . . . .

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Don't get me wrong, I love the bloke and what happened today was very unfortunate but when he went off we started to play in a way that we would not have been able to do had CMS on the pitch. Hoskins came on and led the line so well, he add's class as well as energy. For me CMS having a rest for a couple of games would benefit the whole team. Before the NSC Police start getting excited, this is just an opinion. I just don't rate CMS as high as most. Good player yes. Great player.... No

I`ve got loads of respect for CMS but i think the same as you as long as Buckley and Hoskins are fit, which they do not appear to be that often.The reason CMS Bridcutt and Noone are so valuable to us is that despite getting no protection from the refs they are almost bullet proof.Saying all that CMS will start scoring again.

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
Don't get me wrong, I love the bloke and what happened today was very unfortunate but when he went off we started to play in a way that we would not have been able to do had CMS on the pitch. Hoskins came on and led the line so well, he add's class as well as energy. For me CMS having a rest for a couple of games would benefit the whole team. Before the NSC Police start getting excited, this is just an opinion. I just don't rate CMS as high as most. Good player yes. Great player.... No

For long periods CMS got no service yesterday and when he went off it really looked like a 0-0 was the most likely result. Hoskins did lead the line but without Noone or Lua-Lua there was no penetration on the left wing and it was not until well into the second half that the midfield got any where close to delivering quality balls to Hoskins or Buckley (who was making brilliant runs on the right for ages with no service). Everything was going square or back - seemingly hitting a brick wall in midfield. It was like there was no targets to distribute to. CMS, Noone and Lua-Lua love to run at players and I felt the midfield were missing them until they realised that Buckley was well up for it. Barnes was struggling at left wing - but to be fair to the guy that's not where he should be playing and credit to him for playing a team game and doing what he was asked.

Calderon's goal was so unexpected that everyone round me was just gobsmacked at where it came from but at least it did spark some life into the game. When, eventually in the second half, we did play with more positivity in midfield and use Hoskins and Buckley then we looked much more dangerous. I agree with the other posters that CMS and Hoskins together should offer great possibilities - but they need service and that's where the left and right wings are so important.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
you have lost your marbles.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011

I respect your opinion but what a prick.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
cms ! is the business ! he is exactly what we want and exactly what we need ... loads of goals to come... wait and see ...patience you prick!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here