Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time for CMS to be dropped?

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I'm not saying i dislike CMS at all. Just saying we do have other options. Now is a time to use them. Today proved that we dont have to rely on CMS every game

zoogull

zoogull
May 29, 2008
Herstmonceux
With CMS on the pitch defenders are always wary of the ball over the top and are unlikely to push up too much. CMS also softens up defences with his combative approach, and he chases everything down giving the defenders no time on the ball. Keep him in the side, but drops Barnes for Hoskins.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
The way gus plays u need a central figure up front like a Glen Murray ,Cms is a complete different player he doesn't want his bck to goal he wants to be on the shoulder.

This, that's all I have said. Don't know why people cant take constructive criticism

LRB77

Nov 10, 2009
Worthing
With CMS on the pitch defenders are always wary of the ball over the top and are unlikely to push up too much. CMS also softens up defences with his combative approach, and he chases everything down giving the defenders no time on the ball. Keep him in the side, but drops Barnes for Hoskins.

Yep.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
really?

kano

Jun 17, 2011
The way gus plays u need a central figure up front like a Glen Murray ,Cms is a complete different player he doesn't want his bck to goal he wants to be on the shoulder.

True to an extent but that doesnt mean Gus has no plan to tweak the system to get these two working together. He signed them both after all.

Maybe we will see a bit of what his plans for them are if hoskins can get fit.

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
True to an extent but that doesnt mean Gus has no plan to tweak the system to get these two working together. He signed them both after all.

Maybe we will see a bit of what his plans for them are if hoskins can get fit.
In still not sure hoskins and Cms would really wrk,because I think Hoskins wants to play on thenshoulder 2

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Yeah, because Barnes was so much better than CMS today... :facepalm:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Are you pissed? Lets drop our best striker, cracking idea.

IMO Hoskins is likely to be our best striker judging on technique and striking ability. I think CMS is superb, and 100% committed but is a touch too raw in front of goal !
Hoskins led the line brilliantly today and was unfortunate the midfield didn't spot some of his runs.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
IMO Hoskins is likely to be our best striker judging on technique and striking ability. I think CMS is superb, and 100% committed but is a touch too raw in front of goal !
Hoskins led the line brilliantly today and was unfortunate the midfield didn't spot some of his runs.

100% this. Think Hoskins and CMS would forge a formidable partnership.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham

This.

Chamberpot

Jan 5, 2010
Are you mad?? He's quality, how can you say that about him? He is a great player and that's why he play's internationally.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Are you mad?? He's quality, how can you say that about him? He is a great player and that's why he play's internationally.

If you have a scottish grandparent you would probably get in that scottish team. He is a very good player, just think he needs a rest to be honest

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here