Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time for CMS to be dropped?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think most on here are so in love with CMS they can't see the wood for the trees. Long term Hoskins and CMS up front. Short term, give CMS a breather, which he may get with the eye injury anyway. He is quality but short of confidence.

As for Barnes, he has to play far too deep but is seriously short of confidence and that affects his game more than most. Injuries permitting, JFC would be in.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I think most on here are so in love with CMS they can't see the wood for the trees. Long term Hoskins and CMS up front. Short term, give CMS a breather, which he may get with the eye injury anyway. He is quality but short of confidence.

As for Barnes, he has to play far too deep but is seriously short of confidence and that affects his game more than most. Injuries permitting, JFC would be in.

At last.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
Yeh course i am, for questioning a player who cos us £3.2million and scored 1 flukey goal in the last 18 games. What a cock i am

How has this increased from the stated 2.5 million to 3.2?

And in case you hadn't noticed, he has had nothing like the service a striker of his nature needs. I can't remember the last time anyone threaded a ball through defence to him. His return all things considered is reasonable, some of his goals have come from nothing - because the team has not been making them. These deserve credit, and this is the problem with playing the system we play at a higher level, maintaining (rightly) with that system and trying to make it work. As personnel in general improves (injuries, signings) so will his return. The bloke has hardly had any f***ing service!

Looking forward to seeing Hoskins getting more gametime nevertheless, but to say Hoskins is your preferred choice... Is a bit f***ing rich considering the serious lack of time spent on the pitch. Yes he looks class and yes I'm excited by this class too - lets hope we can get them both playing, then maybe our offence at large will improve and we won't get spanners on here making controversial and overly simplistic points for attention.

Chamberpot

Jan 5, 2010
If you have a scottish grandparent you would probably get in that scottish team. He is a very good player, just think he needs a rest to be honest

I wouldn't play for scotland if my grandparents were, because I wouldn't feel any scottishness about me, plus I'm not to fond of them to start off with.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
How has this increased from the stated 2.5 million to 3.2?

And in case you hadn't noticed, he has had nothing like the service a striker of his nature needs. That is a problem with playing the system we play at a higher level, maintaining (rightly) with that system and trying to make it work. As personnel in general improves so will his return. The bloke has hardly had any f***ing service!

Looking forward to seeing Hoskins getting more gametime nevertheless, but to say Hoskins is your preferred... Is a bit f***ing rich considering. Yes he looks class lets hope we can get them both playing and maybe our offence at large will improve and we won't get spanners on here making controversial and overly simplistic points for attention.

I'm not saying it for attention. I agree in time they could forge a prolific partnership. But 1 goal in 18 games is not great reading. I just think a break would do him and the team a world of good. I'm not anti CMS at all. Barry Fry confirmed we paid £3.2million for him

Last edited:

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
I feel it is overly simplistic. It is the team that makes the reading of his stats.

To say we have blinkers for CMS might be reasonable in some cases and a breather may be good for him too. Fine, we agree! And I stand informed on the pricetag.

Breather for a game or two, yes. Back in the mix asap - yes. CMS and Hoskins - Yes.

Stand by my spanner point though! (lol/jk)

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I thought CMS was looking very likely to score before he went off, by far our best striker, talk of resting him is absolutely crazy

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
IMO Hoskins is likely to be our best striker judging on technique and striking ability. I think CMS is superb, and 100% committed but is a touch too raw in front of goal !
Hoskins led the line brilliantly today and was unfortunate the midfield didn't spot some of his runs.

Only reason I said CMS is our best striker is because he has been, Hoskins looks very promising, looking forward to seeing him fully fit. Hopefully them two can pair up together.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Only reason I said CMS is our best striker is because he has been, Hoskins looks very promising, looking forward to seeing him fully fit. Hopefully them two can pair up together.

To be fair he has pretty much been our only striker. He has played almost 90mins of every game. The bloke runs around like he headless chicken and i can't fault his commitment. The bloke needs a breather though. It would benefit everyone imo

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
To be fair he has pretty much been our only striker. He has played almost 90mins of every game. The bloke runs around like he headless chicken and i can't fault his commitment. The bloke needs a breather though. It would benefit everyone imo

It would only benefit the opposition

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
CMS has been crying out for a strike partner all season, so what your suggesting is.... that now we have another fit striker that looks half decent on a 60 minute appearance against a poor side is that we drop CMS and play Hoskins ?

absolute madness, if we are going to continue to do anything in this division CMS is an absolute must in the side along with Greer and Bridcutt

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
CMS has been crying out for a strike partner all season, so what your suggesting is.... that now we have another fit striker that looks half decent on a 60 minute appearance against a poor side is that we drop CMS and play Hoskins ?

absolute madness, if we are going to continue to do anything in this division CMS is an absolute must in the side along with Greer and Bridcutt

Jesus Christ, only said the poor bloke needs a rest.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
but that is what you are suggesting.......

people always suggest he needs a rest because he puts so much in, what he needs is a decent partner, lets hope Hoskins is the man :)

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Don't get me wrong, I love the bloke and what happened today was very unfortunate but when he went off we started to play in a way that we would not have been able to do had CMS on the pitch. Hoskins came on and led the line so well, he add's class as well as energy. For me CMS having a rest for a couple of games would benefit the whole team. Before the NSC Police start getting excited, this is just an opinion. I just don't rate CMS as high as most. Good player yes. Great player.... No

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::blush::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I thought CMS was looking very likely to score before he went off, by far our best striker, talk of resting him is absolutely crazy

Exactly what had he done to make you think he looked like he was going to score. How many shots did he get in whilst on the pitch? How many times did he have a great first touch. By all means support the guy but at least do so with some perspective.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here