Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket Office this morning - What a Joke

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Agree with i, but have problems with III, and IV. Fine is you can't walk in off the street and do the total opposite, but seems complete bollocks to me that by having a season ticket and buying the clubs prefered way, you get f***ed.

Don't forget if you dont have a season ticket you can buy more than one ticket online, and that's why I think most are not understadning the issue.

It''s not being self important to say I'm a STH like some prick said earlier, its merely pointing out that surely STH sshould be able to order as least someone else who isn't who is ordering online.

Is that unreasonable?

Its not unreasonable and that is why they put in that four step process Bozza outlined earlier

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
YOur not a better fan, more entitled to service nor in any form automatically better than any other fan because your a STH.
Not once as I said I am. But as a STH I do not except to have to do more to get additional tickets, then someone who is not.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
There Mr Idiot...read and digest
There Mr Twat. Read and digest. Stop thinking off yourself as a little person.

It''s not being self important to say I'm a STH like some prick (that prick being you) said earlier, its merely pointing out that surely STH should be able to order as least the same as someone else who isn't who is ordering online.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Agree with i, but have problems with III, and IV. Fine is you can't walk in off the street and do the total opposite, but seems complete bollocks to me that by having a season ticket and buying the clubs prefered way, you get f***ed.

Don't forget if you dont have a season ticket you can buy more than one ticket online, and that's why I think most are not understadning the issue.

It''s not being self important to say I'm a STH like some prick said earlier, its merely pointing out that surely STH sshould be able to order as least someone else who isn't who is ordering online.

Is that unreasonable?

Its also to stop away fans from buying tickets online. Away fans cant walk from say Tranmere or Yeovil and happen to get a home ticket for a match, and if its a non-sussex number then I think you have to have previous purchuse history or be on the databased/registared.

Online however its harder to varyify UNLESS its based on address (which in the most part it is, again unless you have purchuse history and therefore are varifyed to not just by buying online for 30 odd thuggish fans as one person)

Probably not explained well but thats the gist.

Stops away fans in home fan sections.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
You have not mentioned it yet Mr Burns......are you a Season Ticket Holder?
Ha Ha. You are so missing the f***ing point you bellend. If you are going to try and be witty at least read the thread.

If I wasn't a STH I would have no problem. That is the point of mentioning it, because if I wasn't it wouldn't be an issue.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Not once as I said I am. But as a STH I do not except to have to do more to get additional tickets, then someone who is not.

Some one who isn't does have to
a) registar online if not already done
b) registar their friends online to ensure loadsa away fans won't get tickets in the home end
c) link the accounts so it can be done via one transaction and then
d) buy the tickets.

Some one who is a season ticket holder
a) needs to registar online if not already done.
b) registar their friends to make sure its not an away getting loadsa tickets in for away fans in the home sections
c) link the accounts so it can be done via 1 transaction and
d) buy the tickets

Those are both the same processes.

Villa did this with their online ticketing system last season to stop us from getting ticekts in the home sections.

Whats the issue then?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Its also to stop away fans from buying tickets online. Away fans cant walk from say Tranmere or Yeovil and happen to get a home ticket for a match, and if its a non-sussex number then I think you have to have previous purchuse history or be on the databased/registared.

Online however its harder to varyify UNLESS its based on address (which in the most part it is, again unless you have purchuse history and therefore are varifyed to not just by buying online for 30 odd thuggish fans as one person)

Probably not explained well but thats the gist.

Stops away fans in home fan sections.
But I'm not buying 30 tickets, I have two STH and I want two additional tickets. I am registered in Brighton, so if I cannot buy online, but can walk into the shop and buy them, then the online system is flawed.

If it stopped my buying 10, then fair enough, even if it stops your buying more than the STHs registered in yourname then fine, but as it stands, if a STH cannot buy more than one ticket online, and everyone else can, than the system is not right. Surely?

If I wasnt a STH I could go and buy more than one ticket for a game online. I did it a few times last season. So how can you say thats not flawed.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I have never had a problem with the ticket office and, given some of the utter thickshits they have to deal with, they are always courteous and well informed.

However, the one thing that doesn't work for me is their overload process. If they have 10 people queueing (or five for that matter) the system should be able to recognise that and trip in another method. In many cases companies ask you to leave a name and number and then the system calls you back in order - a bit like using ring-back at home. So they system calls the Ticket Office when the lines are free and then automatically dials the person who left their number. No mistakes - no forgetting. Just efficent use of time.

This is easy to set up and would be far more efficient. Maybe they do this already - but in case they don't, it's worth thinking about.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
It sounds like an all-too-typical SHAMBLES to me. Honestly, what will the ticket hotline be like if The Albion were playing great football & were top of the league? Doesn't bear thinking about...

:fishing:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Hes a bit thick and he dont like queues...

He is special though..

MAybe they will move other STH's just to pacify him and let him sit next to his mates,?
What a twat. Do you have inferiority complex, where you think everyone is better than you? You're like a broken record

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I have never had a problem with the ticket office and, given some of the utter thickshits they have to deal with, they are always courteous and well informed.

However, the one thing that doesn't work for me is their overload process. If they have 10 people queueing (or five for that matter) the system should be able to recognise that and trip in another method. In many cases companies ask you to leave a name and number and then the system calls you back in order - a bit like using ring-back at home. So they system calls the Ticket Office when the lines are free and then automatically dials the person who left their number. No mistakes - no forgetting. Just efficent use of time.

This is easy to set up and would be far more efficient. Maybe they do this already - but in case they don't, it's worth thinking about.
Exactly. That should be a given. I wasn't having a go at the poor sod(whose name I dont know) who runs the ticket line, my issue is a) with the online ordering system, and with whoever the powers that be are at the club, that overstaffs the shop, and lets the poor bastard on the phones work too boiling point.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
But I'm not buying 30 tickets, I have two STH and I want two additional tickets. I am registered in Brighton,

Have you tried to register your two friends as Friends & Family? I'm not sure but think once you have done that, then you may be able to purchase two extra tickets online. It's worth a try.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
But I'm not buying 30 tickets, I have two STH and I want two additional tickets. I am registered in Brighton, so if I cannot buy online, but can walk into the shop and buy them, then the online system is flawed.

If it stopped my buying 10, then fair enough, even if it stops your buying more than the STHs registered in yourname then fine, but as it stands, if a STH cannot buy more than one ticket online, and everyone else can, than the system is not right. Surely?

If I wasnt a STH I could go and buy more than one ticket for a game online. I did it a few times last season. So how can you say thats not flawed.

You can't buy more than one ticket full stop:

2uh30ww.png

Notice how i'm not logged in, and I can still only buy one ticket per member.

EDIT: I entered five and was going to check if it'd let me as an STH buy five tickets, before i realized i forgot my fan number and password!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Every time I have dealt with the ticket office either by phone, online or in person I have found them to be brilliant. Isn't it just expected that there will be busy periods when it is harder to get through?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Have you tried to register your two friends as Friends & Family? I'm not sure but think once you have done that, then you may be able to purchase two extra tickets online. It's worth a try.
There overseas, so surely that won't work, as I could just set up any names and address and buy whatever tickets I wanted.

My main problem is, you can walk into the shop and buy what you want, but you cant online, yet online is the clubs prefered way. Also when there is a busy period, the club needs to have something in place to deal with it, because answering two calls in fifteen minutes, just doesn't work, and suggest there is just one person answering the calls, and thats if they those two calls were answered, and the callers hadn't given up.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Every time I have dealt with the ticket office either by phone, online or in person I have found them to be brilliant. Isn't it just expected that there will be busy periods when it is harder to get through?
Yes, there are good when you deal with them. I not having a go at the bloke who works there.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
To be fair I think he has a point (and i'm a non-STH if that helps!). It doesn't make any sense that as a STH you are unable to buy more than one extra ticket on-line, but if you're a non-STH, like myself, you can buy as many as you like on-line. How does that work?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here