Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket Office this morning - What a Joke

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I can assure you I'm not.

Your cleay the sort of twat that doesn't read a thread and jumps on board with everyone elses posts.

So its good business is it, not to let season ticket holder buy extra tickets online, yet allow no season ticket holder to phone up and buy multipile tickets? Yer, they do a simply f***ing stunning job.

Calm down Burnsy that comment was aimed at me and I'm alright I got my tickets :albion1::albion1:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Assuming you have known about this for a while, have you actually contacted the club about it ?
You assume wrong. I've known about it since Saturday evening when I tried booking the tickets. Thought it was a glitch, and tried again Sunday. I dont think anyone was there on Sunday to contact?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I pissed off, beacuase the seats I wanted in around the exisiting ones, so everyone could sit together have gone.

They were there Saturday night, all day Sunday, and at 8am this morning when I left home.

If as a season ticket holder, I could buy additional seasts online, there would not have been a problem. The fact this new system, still doesn't perform properly is the main problem. If it did, I wouldn't need to phone up

Can I suggest an approach that's worked for me before (I'm not trying tobe clever). When I've wanted to sit with a guest, and I know the seats directly around me are taken, I've given up my season ticket seat and got 2 or 3 (depending on how many guests I have) together somewhere else.

Sadly it does require a person to person conversation... so won't be possible online.

Papa

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The ticketing system is something 'off the shelf' from what I recall and already deployed in far bigger clubs than our own - I have a vague recollection that Everton, Liverpool and Manchester City might be amongst those already using it, which suggests it should be fit for purpose.

Putting my 'works in software' hat on, it seems eminently sensible that a season ticket holder should not buy any further tickets for a match since, as a season ticket holder, he already has one and no-one can use more than 1 seat for a match.

However, there is the 'buy on behalf of someone else' use case you mention that clearly exists in the real world. I wonder if it exists in the software we're using though...

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Calm down Burnsy that comment was aimed at me and I'm alright I got my tickets :albion1::albion1:
Tha wasn't aimed at you, I missed your post util now, but its good to see I'm not the only one who thinks the online systems shit. And I think it has been upgraded for Falmer.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The system aside, I still can't believe you think you are being reasonable, especially on a Monday morning, still top of the league, after a 4-0 win.

When I've rung up, I've always heard at least 2 other people on the phones in the background

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Can I suggest an approach that's worked for me before (I'm not trying tobe clever). When I've wanted to sit with a guest, and I know the seats directly around me are taken, I've given up my season ticket seat and got 2 or 3 (depending on how many guests I have) together somewhere else.

Sadly it does require a person to person conversation... so won't be possible online.

Papa
That is the point. I'm letting them have my tickets, but when their are tickets there available so you can sit together(ish), and you can't buy them on the online system, you can understand why someone may get completely f***ed off holding for 15 minutes and hardly moving up the queue.

As I said, if the system worked as it should, the tickets would be brought everyone would be happy end of. But as it stands now, we woul.d all have to be split up, and I'll either end up in some shit seat at the front of block b, or out in the wings, unless of course we buy seperate tickets, split the entire party up.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
The system aside, I still can't believe you think you are being reasonable, especially on a Monday morning, still top of the league, after a 4-0 win.

When I've rung up, I've always heard at least 2 other people on the phones in the background
Well we disagree then.

too move 2 places in 15 minutes, as I say, suggests a waiting time of over an hour, and how is that acceptable in a queue of 10!! If there was a hundred fair enough, but 10!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Am I missing something? I am a STH, just gone to the online ticketing system and when I click South stand for the area, just under that it says Qty. I typed in two and it then came up with two tickets in A block. I appreciate it may not be the same block as you but it does give the option for a STH to buy more than one ticket?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
First, Burns, breathe, calm down.

Second, you will be able to get 2 or 3 together as someone above says, by switching your ticket.

Third, I'm very computer literate but the bloody online system was a nightmare first time I tried to use it, and I haven't bothered since.

Fourth, the phone line queue is bloody frustrating, because they don't have many people and it does take 5 minutes or more to complete a transaction. However I can't see an obvious solution to this, and the people on the end are remarkably friendly, knowledgeable and helpful

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Well we disagree then.

too move 2 places in 15 minutes, as I say, suggests a waiting time of over an hour, and how is that acceptable in a queue of 10!! If there was a hundred fair enough, but 10!!

I'm not sure it is entirely accurate, I have jumped places in the queue before. When buying a transaction normally takes under 5 minutes. So factoring in people at the counter in the shop, it can vary. But we'll have to deal with it, I can't believe you expected anything less on a Monday morning

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Maybe you're just not doing it right, cos it works fine for me every time.
You a season ticket holder. Because I log in, and get the message, you are only allowed one ticket, and you have three ordered, please correct it... or something along those line.

I had two in the basket, so its obviosuly counting the season ticket, and telling me I cannot order additional tickets.

So you can be a non season ticket holder holder and phone up and buy what you like, but buy in advance and you are limited to that one ticket online. And thats a good system thats not flawed???

ANd yes I am aware I can phone up and order more, than |I refer the right hourable gentleman to my inital post

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
Just received my DVD in the post, calm down old chap put your feet up, watch that, then try ringing again (if you got yours that is ! ) if not, you've got something else to complain about !!

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I'm not sure it is entirely accurate, I have jumped places in the queue before. When buying a transaction normally takes under 5 minutes. So factoring in people at the counter in the shop, it can vary. But we'll have to deal with it, I can't believe you expected anything less on a Monday morning
I can assure you its completey accurte, as I have a phone that displayed call time, and it said 15 minutes when I hung up

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You a season ticket holder. Because I log in, and get the message, you are only allowed one ticket, and you have three ordered, please correct it... or something along those line.

I had two in the basket, so its obviosuly counting the season ticket, and telling me I cannot order additional tickets.

So you can be a non season ticket holder holder and phone up and buy what you like, but buy in advance and you are limited to that one ticket online. And thats a good system thats not flawed???

ANd yes I am aware I can phone up and order more, than |I refer the right hourable gentleman to my inital post

As Bozza stated, I think the problem is the system says, why would someone that has a ticket, want to buy themselves another one?

Surely someone else has done this before, if it can't be done online then it should be raised with the club to look into a solution.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Fair dos

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Why? So you would find it acceptable to wait 15 minutes to jump two places in a queue?

If this is the system that will be used at Falmer, its probably best to moan about it now, rather than wait until the queues 100s long? Not that I'll care as I have a season ticket, but good luck to those who don't.

Yes, given that some fans might have complex orders and there are a grand total of TWO phones (if that). We're blessed with an amazing ticket office who have done nothing but make my life SO much easier when its come to buying tickets. A very well run and slick organization.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here