Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket Office this morning - What a Joke

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
Just don't understand this criticism about the online system. I have used it ever since it was started, 40 + times and I have never, never experienced problems.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Am I missing something? I am a STH, just gone to the online ticketing system and when I click South stand for the area, just under that it says Qty. I typed in two and it then came up with two tickets in A block. I appreciate it may not be the same block as you but it does give the option for a STH to buy more than one ticket?
I think you are missing something, as you can select the tickets you want. But try adding them to the basket, which is fine, then checking out and buying them.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Is a problem is being busy. But if you move from 10th to 8th in 15 minutes, basic maths tells you you've got another hour wait. If it takes the club 7 minutes to process one call, then they need to either get someone who can work a bit quicker, or train staff shop to assits at peak periods, because I'm sure I'm not the only one whos been i the shop, seen one poor bugger working his arse off on the tiocket counter, and 3 or 4 people standing around joking and laughing at the till.

It's not the hardest thing to arrange. Think of them as Asda queue busters.:thumbsup:

Sorry mate, but you are talking out of your arse, have you actually heard some of the calls the ticket office has to deal with? Before you ask, no I don't work there - but I have witnessed on more than one occasion the poor chap on the phone dealing with people who sound like they really don't have a clue, one of which wanted the chap in the t office to list every single home game on the phone while the customer wrote in down at their end! IMHO the ticket office do a tough job and rarely get thanked enough, instead people like you insult them when you do not have all the facts to hand.

Rant over

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Oh and Mr Burns, its 1 ticket per member on the Online system.

You have to registar your friends in order to buy them tickets. If its an away you then have to make sure they have teh correct membership and are therefore eligeable.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Sorry mate, but you are talking out of your arse, have you actually heard some of the calls the ticket office has to deal with? Before you ask, no I don't work there - but I have witnessed on more than one occasion the poor chap on the phone dealing with people who sound like they really don't have a clue, one of which wanted the chap in the t office to list every single home game on the phone while the customer wrote in down at their end! IMHO the ticket office do a tough job and rarely get thanked enough, instead people like you insult them when you do not have all the facts to hand.

Rant over
But if you read it I aslo said I've been in there when the poor sods run of his feet, and what my problem is, instead of standing around chatting and stratching their arses, other members of staff should be jumping on the phones at peak times. I' m not having a go at the poor sod who answers the phone.

But anyway, if they have 10 callers waiting,and they get a dickhead on the phone, maybe they should explain they can only take order for current games, and call them back later in the day? Just a thought

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Oh and Mr Burns, its 1 ticket per member on the Online system.

You have to registar your friends in order to buy them tickets. If its an away you then have to make sure they have teh correct membership and are therefore eligeable.
Thank you. So I was right. The system is flawed. Super. But I am 100% sure I have ordered two tickets online before I was a STH.

Something smells fishy and I'm not talking about Baldricks apple crumble

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Thank you. So I was right. The system is flawed. Super. But I am 100% sure I have ordered two tickets online before I was a STH.

Something smells fishy and I'm not talking about Baldricks apple crumble

How is the system flawed?

Its in place to make sure one fan can't buy tickets for a banned member because memberships are tied to name and address. Its also in place so that say Gold Member X can't buy 4 extra tickets for a match leaving gold members Y Z A and B ticketless even though Y Z A and B all have priority being gold members.

Play by the rules and shut up! :thumbsup:

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
Well that comment itself justifys the moan then.

You can phone up out of the blue, and order two tickets, but as a season ticket holder, you cannot order ONE additional ticket online.

And that make YOU as a Season Ticket holder more important than any other supporter?

All supporters are starting to want to go and see the Seagulls.

Yes as a STH you go most weeks but it does not give you a God given right over other supporters to buy extra tickets.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So, have we resolved this one...

i) The ticket office dudes are top-notch.
ii) The system put in place does work as long as you remember...
iii) Any ticket ordered has to be assigned to a registered named individual, and
iv) No registered named individual can have more than 1 ticket in their name for any one match.

Sounds straight forward to me.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009

iii) Any ticket ordered has to be assigned to a registered named individual, and
iv) No registered named individual can have more than 1 ticket in their name for any one match.

This.

I've brought tickets in the office for wycombe away last year, brought on the day for Norhtampton in the legaue cup this year and Saints away last year, and online for Villa.

We'll probably do online for Peterborough and you know what? Me and my best mate who I follow the Albion with...

Are both season ticket holders and it will work :thumbsup:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
How is the system flawed?

Its in place to make sure one fan can't buy tickets for a banned member because memberships are tied to name and address. Its also in place so that say Gold Member X can't buy 4 extra tickets for a match leaving gold members Y Z A and B ticketless even though Y Z A and B all have priority being gold members.

Play by the rules and shut up! :thumbsup:
Okay gobby, but in that case its okay too phone up or go into the shop and buy 4 tickets, and give them too whoever you want, but you cant do it online?

And what the f*** has it got to do with gold members? The games Saturday?

So you cant buy online, but you can on the phone? And you say its not flawed? How?

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Okay gobby, but in that case its okay too phone up or go into the shop and buy 4 tickets, and give them too whoever you want, but you cant do it online?

And what the f*** has it got to do with gold members? The games Saturday?

So you cant buy online, but you can on the phone? And you say its not flawed? How?

Because misrible one, thats how the club have chosen to do it and its worked for nearly everone bar you, because you can't seem to get to grips with several facts.

Online works if you follow the rules
YOur not a better fan, more entitled to service nor in any form automatically better than any other fan because your a STH.
The phones WILL be busy monday after our best win since 7-1 a decade ago

You either registar online your friends and take them, or you phone up later, or you go in.

Like I say its always worked for me, my friend and the significant majority on here.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield

Agree with i, but have problems with III, and IV. Fine is you can't walk in off the street and do the total opposite, but seems complete bollocks to me that by having a season ticket and buying the clubs prefered way, you get f***ed.

Don't forget if you dont have a season ticket you can buy more than one ticket online, and that's why I think most are not understadning the issue.

It''s not being self important to say I'm a STH like some prick said earlier, its merely pointing out that surely STH sshould be able to order as least someone else who isn't who is ordering online.

Is that unreasonable?

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
Because misrible one, thats how the club have chosen to do it and its worked for nearly everone bar you, because you can't seem to get to grips with several facts.

Online works if you follow the rules
YOur not a better fan, more entitled to service nor in any form automatically better than any other fan because your a STH.
The phones WILL be busy monday after our best win since 7-1 a decade ago

You either registar online your friends and take them, or you phone up later, or you go in.

Like I say its always worked for me, my friend and the significant majority on here.

There Mr Idiot...read and digest

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here