Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket Office this morning - What a Joke

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
You have made yourself look a bit of a wally with this thread and your ATC post. Moaning about the ticket situation at Falmer already is a bit of a leap from a 15 minute wait the first day after a whopping 4-0 away win. I don't think it is the ticket office that is "pathetic"
Why? So you would find it acceptable to wait 15 minutes to jump two places in a queue?

If this is the system that will be used at Falmer, its probably best to moan about it now, rather than wait until the queues 100s long? Not that I'll care as I have a season ticket, but good luck to those who don't.

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
I the people you are buying for a registered to buy on-line why don;t they get themselves tickets? Sounds good that the ticket line is busy, maybe the ground will be full up because of this. It's only Monday on the morning after a weekend that we won 4-0 away. Chances are it will be busy. Why can;t you just be patient instead of having a pop at the ticket office who do excellent work?

Well said that man......won 4-0 , let's think of an excuse to have a pop at someone......ah, the ticket office....prat !

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Bought three Peterboro tickets this morning, after a 15 minute wait. Still preferable to using the joke online system. They need to get that upgraded prior to Falmer, as it is total crap.

Personally I expected the ticket office to be busy and wasn't worried about the wait.

You clearly have a modicum of patience and common sense... I bet you're the sort of person who doesn't boo when we pass the ball about at the back.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I the people you are buying for a registered to buy on-line why don;t they get themselves tickets? Sounds good that the ticket line is busy, maybe the ground will be full up because of this. It's only Monday on the morning after a weekend that we won 4-0 away. Chances are it will be busy. Why can;t you just be patient instead of having a pop at the ticket office who do excellent work?
No they are not.

Because I'm not prepared to wait an hour (2 in 15 minutes, 8 more to go) on a 0845 number to buy tickets, when I am a season ticket holder, and should be able to buy the f***ing things online in seconds.

The fact the queue dropped from 8 to 1 in 10 minures or so like the other caller said, maybe suggest I wasn't the only one not prepared to wait that long

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No they are not.

Because I'm not prepared to wait an hour (2 in 15 minutes, 8 more to go) on a 0845 number to buy tickets, when I am a season ticket holder, and should be able to buy the f***ing things online in seconds.

The fact the queue dropped from 8 to 1 in 10 minures or so like the other caller said, maybe suggest I wasn't the only one not prepared to wait that long

The fact it is 0845 is irrelevant ?

Why can't the people you are buying for sign up online, for free?

They have to deal with the phones, deal with people in the shop, deal with it, ring back later but don't act like a twat

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
You clearly have a modicum of patience and common sense... I bet you're the sort of person who doesn't boo when we pass the ball about at the back.
I can assure you I'm not.

Your cleay the sort of twat that doesn't read a thread and jumps on board with everyone elses posts.

So its good business is it, not to let season ticket holder buy extra tickets online, yet allow no season ticket holder to phone up and buy multipile tickets? Yer, they do a simply f***ing stunning job.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I can honestly say that in all the years at Withdean, as a STH, I have never failed to be able to buy any additional tickets for home games that I have wanted.

Sometimes they are busy, well that is not exactly surprising, is it?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
The fact it is 0845 is irrelevant ?

Why can't the people you are buying for sign up online, for free?

They have to deal with the phones, deal with people in the shop, deal with it, ring back later but don't act like a twat
Because they are friends from overseas, and have more to think about than buying tickets for every things they are goiong to do when they are over here? Is that okay for you.

I'll say it again, So its good business is it, not to let season ticket holders buy extra tickets online, yet allow non season ticket holders to phone up and buy multipile tickets?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If this is the system that will be used at Falmer, its probably best to moan about it now, rather than wait until the queues 100s long? Not that I'll care as I have a season ticket, but good luck to those who don't.

Is the system flawed or just the current capacity to process at peak times?

I can't believe the club have no intention to expand capacity for Falmer - we'll have 3 times the number of seats to fill.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Why? So you would find it acceptable to wait 15 minutes to jump two places in a queue?

No - I would hang up and then try again in a bit. Same as if I am on hold to Sky or O2 or something and don't seem to be getting anywhere.

Do you really think Bloom et al will not be upgrading the ticketing system when we go from an 8k capacity to 22k? If you genuinely believe that nothing will change then I think people are entitled to call you "deluded"

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

I can't believe the club have no intention to expand capacity for Falmer - we'll have 3 times the number of seats to fill.

Correct. There is no point massively ramping up capacity in the club shop to handle this, because every monday after a big win, everyone rushes to buy tickets for the next game.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield

The system is flawed. They want to push everyone to use online booking, but they still are way off getting it right.

No doubt if you went into the shop now, the same poor **** will be working his socks off, while there will be club employees standing around chatting.

If I wrong and they have more than one person on the phones, than at the rate they are going at, something is seriously wrong.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The system is flawed. They want to push everyone to use online booking, but they still are way off getting it right.

No doubt if you went into the shop now, the same poor **** will be working his socks off, while there will be club employees standing around chatting.

If I wrong and they have more than one person on the phones, than at the rate they are going at, something is seriously wrong.

:facepalm:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I can assure you I'm not.

Your cleay the sort of twat that doesn't read a thread and jumps on board with everyone elses posts.

You really are a little ray of sunshine aren't you... I agree that if it's not possible for season ticket holders to book extra tickets online (although I'm sure I've done so in the past) then it's not helpful, but your lack of patience does exasperate me...

I won't resort to name calling though.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
No - I would hang up and then try again in a bit. Same as if I am on hold to Sky or O2 or something and don't seem to be getting anywhere.

Do you really think Bloom et al will not be upgrading the ticketing system when we go from an 8k capacity to 22k? If you genuinely believe that nothing will change then I think people are entitled to call you "deluded"
I pissed off, beacuase the seats I wanted in around the exisiting ones, so everyone could sit together have gone.

They were there Saturday night, all day Sunday, and at 8am this morning when I left home.

If as a season ticket holder, I could buy additional seasts online, there would not have been a problem. The fact this new system, still doesn't perform properly is the main problem. If it did, I wouldn't need to phone up

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I think Mr Burns just wants 3000 posts.......

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I pissed off, beacuase the seasts I wanted, so everyone could sit together have gone.

They were there Saturday night, all day Sunday, and at 8am this morning when I left home.

If as a season ticket holder, I could buy additional seasts online, there would not have been a problem. The fact this new system, still doesn't perform properly is the main problem. If it did, I wouldn't need to phone up

Assuming you have known about this for a while, have you actually contacted the club about it ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here