Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket Office this morning - What a Joke

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
An interesting turn up, if true, on the "anyone can buy a ticket from the ticket office in person" line used throughout this thread...

i am a season ticket holder in H block and couldn't go to Saturdays game cos of work so sold my ticket,now i don't have to work i would like to go so went to the club shop today to buy one and they told me that because there is already a ticket under my name that i can't buy another one under my name it has to be someone else and everyone i know who has an account with the club is already going

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
jjt1976 - PM ME AND YOU CAN USE MY ACCOUNT MATE.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
An interesting turn up, if true, on the "anyone can buy a ticket from the ticket office in person" line used throughout this thread...

Surely you can then just reister your wife / mum / dad / son with them at your address on the spot and buy a ticket though...

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
I remember buying about 8 tickets for the play-off final at Cardiff and having to provide a list of everyone's name and address in order to be able to purchase them. Suggests that providing a name and address for every match ticket could be a legal requirement.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Well that is a turn up for the books!

I must have gone in there numerous times in the last few years and brought more than one ticket for Withdean, and have also ordered over the phone at the last minute to pick up at Withdean, and have been sold them quite happily giving only my own address. I have no-one linked to my account (wasn't even aware of it until Monday, not even linked the 2nd season ticket I brought in a friends name with my card at the same time as my ticket), so it appears that on the strength of the Insiders answer, that they were wrong to sell them to me each and every time. SO I think that does justifty my rant on Monday, as if I did call into the shop to buy extra tickets now I'm a STH, I would be refused as I already have a ticket to my name, so in my experience it is harder for a STH to get tickets than someone who only goes into the shop every now and again.

Maybe if I had been refused over the last god knows how many years, or even just told about the rules, then this situation wouldn't have arose.

With regards the comment about the checks on address, obviously he can't tell them, but I would guess they dont go far beyond checking the house number and postcodes match. You cannot check an overseas address for starters, as anyone who accepts debit/credits cards can vouch for.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Surely you can then just reister your wife / mum / dad / son with them at your address on the spot and buy a ticket though...
Now I know the rules I will be adding everyone I can think of, including as someone suggested my dog to the database, in case they are needed in future.

The next time I need extra tickets though this season, I am going to go in there and by them on a non STH friends account to prove that you can by more than one ticket in the ship in person, ad then chanaglle them on why they dont follow the rules, if the rules are that important to them.

I've no problems with the rules, it would just have been f***ing nice to have been told them by someone on any of the other numerous times I gone into the ticket office and brought more than one ticket in person.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Now I know the rules I will be adding everyone I can think of, including as someone suggested my dog to the database, in case they are needed in future.

The next time I need extra tickets though this season, I am going to go in there and by them on a non STH friends account to prove that you can by more than one ticket in the ship in person, ad then chanaglle them on why they dont follow the rules, if the rules are that important to them.

I've no problems with the rules, it would just have been f***ing nice to have been told them by someone on any of the other numerous times I gone into the ticket office and brought more than one ticket in person.

Is that the tocket ship? I knew the rules, because the club publicised the new on-line ticketing system last year. Again, you are blaming the club for something that is your fault.

Now, lets be friends!

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Is that the tocket ship? I knew the rules, because the club publicised the new on-line ticketing system last year. Again, you are blaming the club for something that is your fault.

Now, lets be friends!
I knew you'd turn up. Sorry but I don't read everything the club publicises. Maybe you could fill everyone in on the latest news, as I'm sure I'm not the only one. So great is their correspondence, I didn't even now I am a gold away member or get a discount in the shop until Monday. I presumed that if I could buy ticket in the shop, as I did throughtout last season, I was following the rules of the club. Funny how I would come to that conculsion isn't it.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
I knew you'd turn up. Sorry but I don't read everything the club publicises. Maybe you could fill everyone in on the latest news, as I'm sure I'm not the only one. So great is their correspondence, I didn't even now I am a gold away member or get a discount in the shop until Monday. I presumed that if I could buy ticket in the shop, as I did throughtout last season, I was following the rules of the club. Funny how I would come to that conculsion isn't it.

I don't read everything either, but I saw how this might affect me in the future, for buying tickets and such like. Since then I have had no problems at all and no need to call to buy them.

Get this, I actually agree with you on the away members thing. That is a bit of a shambles and I had to call the ticket shop about that to confirm i was still a member (got straight through, before you ask). Not the ticket shop staff's fault, as I am sure they didn't come up with it and I sympathise with them for having to implement and administrate it.

Now come on, lets have a man hug!

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I don't read everything either, but I saw how this might affect me in the future, for buying tickets and such like. Since then I have had no problems at all and no need to call to buy them.

Get this, I actually agree with you on the away members thing. That is a bit of a shambles and I had to call the ticket shop about that to confirm i was still a member (got straight through, before you ask). Not the ticket shop staff's fault, as I am sure they didn't come up with it and I sympathise with them for having to implement and administrate it.

Now come on, lets have a man hug!
:cheers:

I have not once had ago at the shop staff, buttoo be honest if they had told me the rules rather than just sell me multiple tickets, then I wouldn't of had a problem. Why would I look out for rules, when I was happily getting whatever tickets I wanted in the past?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I remember buying about 8 tickets for the play-off final at Cardiff and having to provide a list of everyone's name and address in order to be able to purchase them. Suggests that providing a name and address for every match ticket could be a legal requirement.
That certainly wasn't the case when I brought mine. I just walked into the shop, said "Four tickets for Cardiff please", they checked my details but didn't ask for any other details for any of the other people. Maybe because you were buying eight?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I haven't read the whole thread, but I must admit that I was surprised last week when I phoned to buy 2 tickets over the phone for my son and his friend.

Son, no problem, has an account (ex STH) but they also wanted all details of his friend too - just a bit surprised that all this info was needed.

Could be a problem for the 'casual fan' at the Amex (certainly time consuming on the phone)

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
That certainly wasn't the case when I brought mine. I just walked into the shop, said "Four tickets for Cardiff please", they checked my details but didn't ask for any other details for any of the other people. Maybe because you were buying eight?

I don't remember having to do it for the 54 tickets that we bought either?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here