Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket Office this morning - What a Joke

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well, slightly going off course, as season tickets for Falmer were due to go on sale around now, I would hope theres plenty of slack in the present system, as if its this bad for a game against Yeovil, what the f*** is going to happen when season tickets for a brand new stadium go on sale!

The club are advertising for extra staff now to deal with that.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Nicely swerving the points i raised again i see, typpical sort of response you'd expect from someone who can't counter the statement
I've answered all your point numberous times. You're just reapting yourself, you still go on about me thinking the club need to employ more staff for a few one of moments, but I've answered that time and again, and countered them.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Well, slightly going off course, as season tickets for Falmer were due to go on sale around now, I would hope theres plenty of slack in the present system, as if its this bad for a game against Yeovil, what the f*** is going to happen when season tickets for a brand new stadium go on sale!

Well i would hope so too, seeing as they have until early August at the latest to process any order that they may recieve.

Lets hope everyone doesn't leave it to the last minute and then complain when they find its busier than expected :thumbsup:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Well i would hope so too, seeing as they have until early August at the latest to process any order that they may recieve.

Lets hope everyone doesn't leave it to the last minute and then complain when they find its busier than expected :thumbsup:
NO, I'll think you'll find the day they go on sale, and for month or so after, it'll be mayhem. But you don't mind that, as its a major event, you accept it.

The bottom line is, if people could by more than one ticket online, or as Bozza says they had a system for phone orders that takes the human element out of it, then the ticket office would basically be for answering problems and queries, and I'm sure with current staffing levels they could cope. But make it harder for people to buy extra tickets online than by speaking to someone, you will always have problems.

And no, if I want to go to a game and bring out of town friends, why should I have to register each and every one of them. What is the point of the extra hassle, when I dont need to do it in person, or I can make their names up? It's hardly encourages casual supporters to attend games does it.

Although you are all having a go at me, I notce no one has answered the point about having to register extra people, that if it is so easy, whats the point of it?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Is the ticket system something the club can choose? Or is it like with the club website where they are signed up to the same system all clubs use? Even if you buy on the phone or at the club shop it involved someone sitting at a computer and logging into the ticket site.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Is the ticket system something the club can choose? Or is it like with the club website where they are signed up to the same system all clubs use? Even if you buy on the phone or at the club shop it involved someone sitting at a computer and logging into the ticket site.
Bozza said earlier its an "off the shelf" ticketing system. The club can choose what they like.

But its crap system. They need one that allow phone buyers to order tickets automatically without speaking to opperators, and I wold imagine that would have to be tied into the online ordering systems.

But I use an "off the shelf" solution for my web based business, and part of that system (a bit like the one ticket per member rubbish the ticket system has) didn't make sense, yet the staff with my software told me thats how it is. When I cancelled it a day later, the director of the company phoned up, and asked why, and I told him the system was crap and explained the issue, and he was shocked by it, and within 24 hours the probrlem had been ironed out, and everyone was happy. (webbased)

I'm sure if little old me can get off the shelf software changed, then the Albion can.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
NO, I'll think you'll find the day they go on sale, and for month or so after, it'll be mayhem. But you don't mind that, as its a major event, you accept it.

Depends on how they are being sold doesn't it, i would imagine by online or postal applications rather than phone, but this is pretty irrelevent at the moment tbh

The bottom line is, if people could by more than one ticket online, or as Bozza says they had a system for phone orders that takes the human element out of it, then the ticket office would basically be for answering problems and queries, and I'm sure with current staffing levels they could cope. But make it harder for people to buy extra tickets online than by speaking to someone, you will always have problems.

And no, if I want to go to a game and bring out of town friends, why should I have to register each and every one of them. What is the point of the extra hassle, when I dont need to do it in person, or I can make their names up? It's hardly encourages casual supporters to attend games does it.

Although you are all having a go at me, I notce no one has answered the point about having to register extra people, that if it is so easy, whats the point of it?

The current arrangement has never been ideal, it prevents fans from turning up at the ground and getting in as everyone has to buy in advance. - It's not the clubs decision and i would suspect that they would prefer to have pay on the gate if they could as it would probably add extra numbers to the attendances and make them more money.

As it's a part of the conditions imposed on the club to make every game all ticket, the club can do little about it and have to try to make do as best they can. I expect it requires people having to register and limiting numbers to prevent ticket touting or maybe the system just struggles to process transactions otherwise, how old is their current system?

Also if their previous system has been working prior to this season's higher demand, why would they spend money changing it? If no one has contacted them to point out the failings you have identified, how is the club suposed to know and take steps to improve things?

How exactly do you think coming on a public message board is going to help apart from maybe putting off people from trying to get tickets by phone and therefore deciding not to go, meaning a shorter queue for you in the future?

Had you gone to the club first and they said tough, thats what we have and thats what you have to put up with, like it or lump it - then yes, moan and complain on here.

But starting a thread called Ticket Office this morning - What a Joke isn't the best way to highlight these problems to the club in an attempt to change the system.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Depends on how they are being sold doesn't it, i would imagine by online or postal applications rather than phone, but this is pretty irrelevent at the moment tbh

The current arrangement has never been ideal, it prevents fans from turning up at the ground and getting in as everyone has to buy in advance. - It's not the clubs decision and i would suspect that they would prefer to have pay on the gate if they could as it would probably add extra numbers to the attendances and make them more money.

As it's a part of the conditions imposed on the club to make every game all ticket, the club can do little about it and have to try to make do as best they can. I expect it requires people having to register and limiting numbers to prevent ticket touting or maybe the system just struggles to process transactions otherwise, how old is their current system?

Also if their previous system has been working prior to this season's higher demand, why would they spend money changing it? If no one has contacted them to point out the failings you have identified, how is the club suposed to know and take steps to improve things?

How exactly do you think coming on a public message board is going to help apart from maybe putting off people from trying to get tickets by phone and therefore deciding not to go, meaning a shorter queue for you in the future?

Had you gone to the club first and they said tough, thats what we have and thats what you have to put up with, like it or lump it - then yes, moan and complain on here.

But starting a thread called Ticket Office this morning - What a Joke isn't the best way to highlight these problems to the club in an attempt to change the system.
I know the ticketing situation regarding the games being all ticket. THats life. My problem is the ticketing system.

This is a forum is it not, where things are discussed? Why wouldn't I start a thread. I cannot believe it is as hard as it is to buy an extra ticket, and was expecting to be shouted down.

Expect people like you have jumped on everything I said, just because I brought it up. Yes potentilly waiting and hour of a response on a game like Yeovil is a f***ing joke. But it would be acceptable if there was no other way, and we lived back in the sevenities. Today in the internet age if it not acceptable.

I did ask the club the same time as I posted, as already explained, but I asked Bozza to take it down, as I didn't want it to sound like a rant, and I have since asked the club a couple of points again, but again, the botom line is if its eaier to phone or go instore than to purchase additional tickets online, and the club is trying to push everyone towrds the online system, and you cannot deney that it is, then the system is badly flawed, and too be honest the club shouldn't need to be told about it! |It should already hve been sorted before before the ystem went live.

I mean what other business would make it harder for its core customers to buy goods online than Joe Public offlline?

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
I know the ticketing situation regarding the games being all ticket. THats life. My problem is the ticketing system.

This is a forum is it not, where things are discussed? Why wouldn't I start a thread. I cannot believe it is as hard as it is to buy an extra ticket, and was expecting to be shouted down.

Expect people like you have jumped on everything I said, just because I brought it up. Yes potentilly waiting and hour of a response on a game like Yeovil is a f***ing joke. But it would be acceptable if there was no other way, and we lived back in the sevenities. Today in the internet age if it not acceptable.

I did ask the club the same time as I posted, as already explained, but I asked Bozza to take it down, as I didn't want it to sound like a rant, and I have since asked the club a couple of points again, but again, the botom line is if its eaier to phone or go instore than to purchase additional tickets online, and the club is trying to push everyone towrds the online system, and you cannot deney that it is, then the system is badly flawed, and too be honest the club shouldn't need to be told about it! |It should already hve been sorted before before the ystem went live.

I mean what other business would make it harder for its core customers to buy goods online than Joe Public offlline?

It's not difficult, you're making it difficult and I can't beleive you're wasting The Insiders time asking a question that has been asnwered numerous times over the previous 10 pages, or so.

What computer system isn't flawed?

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
Wouldn't it of been easier to spend 10 mins waiting on the phone than spending two days complaining about it on NSC?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
It's not difficult, you're making it difficult and I can't beleive you're wasting The Insiders time asking a question that has been asnwered numerous times over the previous 10 pages, or so.

What computer system isn't flawed?
Look mate, you've already left the thread once because you couldn't answer point, oops I mean didnt like my spelling and grammer, so dont just hope in and out with it with pointless posts.

If the questions been asked times before, then the club must be aware of the issue, in which case they should have sorted it out, would you say.

And on grammer and spelling, I believe beleive is spelt, believe, and grammar wise, I think you could do with another comma in your sentence, and before anyone picks up on my spelling, I couldn't give the slighest toss, but then I've never used bad spelling to back out of an argument, only to crawl back in later on unlike Hercules:thumbsup:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If the questions been asked times before, then the club must be aware of the issue, in which case they should have sorted it out, would you say.

Surely that depends on whether the costs of revising the system, when a new one is going to be used for Falmer, outweigh the benefits of extra revenue from circumstances such as yours.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Look mate, you've already left the thread once because you couldn't answer point, oops I mean didnt like my spelling and grammer, so dont just hope in and out with it with pointless posts.

And on grammer and spelling, I believe beleive is spelt, believe, and grammar wise, I think you could do with another comma in your sentence, and before anyone picks up on my spelling, I couldn't give the slighest toss, but then I've never used bad spelling to back out of an argument, only to crawl back in later on unlike Hercules:thumbsup:

i had no ppint to answer and this keyboard i use at work is rubbish!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Yes I'm late joining the thread, but haven't you calmed down yet? You'll only make yourself look silly, now run along, there's a good chap.:thumbsup:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
1,its not the staffs thought
2,waiting 15 mins is unacceptable
3,Lots of people will get pi$$ed off with waiting and won't bother again.
4,The whole system seems really poor at times
5,the demand is a lot higher now so things need to improve FAST
6,GAME OVER:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here