Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket Office this morning - What a Joke

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
And for the record, in business when you have a department that has random peak busy periods, you have other member of staff trained in other departments to help out in those periods. So for example, instead of one poor bastard answering the phone, and 3 or 4 other members of staff standing around the till chatting, some of them go and help when its needed. When the lines are clear, they go back to their other job. But I already said this a hundred times, you just choice not to listen do you

Which phones? If they're not answering, it's because they're already on the phone with someone else's ticket query.

When I've been in to the Ticket Office, it looks like they have two phones (maybe three). That's it. If those two lines (maybe three) are engaged, the next line will ring. And ring.

From what I see, number of personnel isn't the issue. The number of phones is.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Which phones? If they're not answering, it's because they're already on the phone with someone else's ticket query.

When I've been in to the Ticket Office, it looks like they have two phones (maybe three). That's it. If those two lines (maybe three) are engaged, the next line will ring. And ring.

From what I see, number of personnel isn't the issue. The number of phones is.
So you get someone in the office upstair to make the call.AS I have said, with off the shelf software that the club uses, it should be very easy for anyone with a PC to be able to book tickets or the callers. Put in another couple of phones, and get the shop staff to help out. They take orders or the club shop, so I'm sure they have PC access.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No its not Bozza. BUt as I said before don't think its a concern, that Palace fans could go online and set up Micky Mouse and DOnald Duck and the rest of the gang as members, and buy extra tickets where ever they wanted.

If the point of only allowing one ticket per person online is to stop away fans getting them, then as a small business man, I would have thought it would have been impossible to just go and make up names, otherwise whats the point of having the one per ticket rule in place?

If its that easy to make up members, why not just allow existing members the ability to buy what they want online, like they can in the shop??

You're getting ever more ridiculous now.

Why do you think Palace fans would be looking to buy tickets for, say, Albion v Yeovil? When the big games such as Palace roll around, the club will flick the "you can't buy a ticket online unless you've bought one before" switch to stop Palace fans registering and buying home end tickets.

Should be impossible to just make names up? Are you suggesting the club hook the ticket buying system into the electoral roll or similar? That would really stuff up your foreign mates, wouldn't it? Unless, of course, you advocate a real-time feed of the world's population into the club, such that every ticket is validated against a known person.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
NO YOU DIDN'T. ITS ONLY ME THAT HAD PROBLEMS 'CAUSE I'm SPECIAL.

Seriosuly though, how many people do this and dont bother calling back.

I've given my tickets to mate who was going to buy tickets, so add my two guests, that 4 tickets the club aren't selling. So theres £100 they aren't going have.

If its a sell out then fine, but as no normal game has ever sold out, and with such a poor system and service (no by the sales staff before everyone jumps up and down), it unlikely any game ever will, how much income has the club lost this year alone by people simplyly given up trying to buy tickets.

Occam's Razor, the basic scientific principle. And it says... all things being equal, the simplest explanation tends to be the right one........

Everyone else can register to buy tickets on-line or can understand that there are peaks and troughs with calls to the phone line. You can't, ergo, you're a tool!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Why do you think Palace fans would be looking to buy tickets for, say, Albion v Yeovil? When the big games such as Palace roll around, the club will flick the "you can't buy a ticket online unless you've bought one before" switch to stop Palace fans registering and buying home end tickets.

Should be impossible to just make names up? Are you suggesting the club hook the ticket buying system into the electoral roll or similar? That would really stuff up your foreign mates, wouldn't it? Unless, of course, you advocate a real-time feed of the world's population into the club, such that every ticket is validated against a known person.

If I want to buy a ticket on line, using the name "mickey mouse", won't I need a credit/debit card in the name of mickey mouse?

If not, isn't it simple to arrange a system that only allow you to buy a ticket in the same name as that of the card paying for it?

I think Palace was simply an example.

Why bother with a system that limits one ticket per registered name, if you can register as many fictional or non-fictional names as you like?

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
If I want to buy a ticket on line, using the name "mickey mouse", won't I need a credit/debit card in the name of mickey mouse?

If not, isn't it simple to arrange a system that only allow you to buy a ticket in the same name as that of the card paying for it?

Why bother with a system that limits one ticket per registered name, if you can register as many fictional or non-fictional names as you like?

Each individual has to register and they have to have a valud address, then you get your fan number e-mailed do your personal e-mail address. No system is perfect, but this one always works for me.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield

I agree it is totally ridiculous but that the point. So in that case why limit members to one ticket per member online?? I completely agree when the big games come around you tighten up, so why today can a member go in the shop and buy what they want, yet can only buy one ticket online?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Okay, so as you haven't answerred the points, I suggest you don't think its a concern the way the current system is set up, that I could register anyone I wanted and buy tickets, but a registered member cant just buy extra. Sort of defeats the object of one ticket per member online doesnt it?

Thats the system, it's worked up to now, so why would the club think there is a problem with it unless customers who experience difficulties give them feedback.

You've only just discovered this, so instead of giving them feedback, you have chosen to moan and complain on a public message board, what would you think if someone had a bad experience with your company and rather than contacting your company to raise it with them, chose to moan and complain on a place where hundreds or thousands of potential customers may see it?

And for the record, in business when you have a department that has random peak busy periods, you have other member of staff trained in other departments to help out in those periods. So for example, instead of one poor bastard answering the phone, and 3 or 4 other members of staff standing around the till chatting, some of them go and help when its needed. When the lines are clear, they go back to their other job. But I already said this a hundred times, you just choice not to listen do you

So do you seriously think that a business is never likely to find that it gets caught out because it underestimated demand that a time that would have otherwise been quiet? and that the reason you were waiting was because a larger than normal number of fans decided to book tickets on Monday morning by phone for Yeovil, Peterborough or both?

Don't you think that winning 4-0 away to Charlton might have had something to do with the extra demand for a match like Yeovil that the club wouldn't have otherwise expected (or did you think they knew we'd win that easily and therefore should have taken on more people, ready?)

Also do you know how many extra phone lines or other members of staff they have that they could have called on to increase capacity for this extra demand? or are you assuming there is plenty of slack in the system ready to take up and use when they get busy but may or may not actually exist?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield

You ouldn't ever limit people to buying tickets withcard name matching, otherweise you could never buy tickets online for kids.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Each individual has to register and they have to have a valud address, then you get your fan number e-mailed do your personal e-mail address. No system is perfect, but this one always works for me.

With Gmail, hotmail and so on, you can create any number of email addresses. So you give them four names, using four hotmail addresses, your own valid house address, and get multiple tickets sent to you.

What is different in that situation to me, buying four tickets in my own name?

Why not just allow the purchase of, say up to four, tickets per person?

For security persons those tickets will be able to be tracked to an actual person who will either be able to ID trouble makers, or will be responsible for them.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Well that counts out oveseas fans registering then, because how do you check their address. Anyone can set up an email address within seconds.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You ouldn't ever limit people to buying tickets withcard name matching, otherweise you could never buy tickets online for kids.

Allow for any child tickets to be bought by a parent's card. Computers are pretty smart these days.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Thats the system, it's worked up to now, so why would the club think there is a problem with it unless customers who experience difficulties give them feedback.

You've only just discovered this, so instead of giving them feedback, you have chosen to moan and complain on a public message board, what would you think if someone had a bad experience with your company and rather than contacting your company to raise it with them, chose to moan and complain on a place where hundreds or thousands of potential customers may see it?
Selective reading again there I see

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
They are doing the new one person one ticket system so that they have the details of as many people on the system for when we move into the new stadium so as many people as possible are issued with the new cards for the new card ticket system.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
They are doing the new one person one ticket system so that they have the details of as many people on the system for when we move into the new stadium so as many people as possible are issued with the new cards for the new card ticket system.
No they're not. Otherwise it would be the same when you brought instore/over the phone.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Also do you know how many extra phone lines or other members of staff they have that they could have called on to increase capacity for this extra demand? or are you assuming there is plenty of slack in the system ready to take up and use when they get busy but may or may not actually exist?
Well, slightly going off course, as season tickets for Falmer were due to go on sale around now, I would hope theres plenty of slack in the present system, as if its this bad for a game against Yeovil, what the f*** is going to happen when season tickets for a brand new stadium go on sale!

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Bloody "ell, still rumbling on ??

It's because Mr Burns has raised the issue that the club ticket service could be improved (which we all know it can) but GF and HR are obviously employed by the club to defend (to the death) against any criticism levelled. This thread could outlast the middle-east crisis unless some room for negotiation is found. How about everyone agree the ticket office is staffed by bloody good people; but there ain't enough of 'em, so there's room for improvement but that'll never happen whilst Ken the ghost brown is in charge? Either that or move this to childish ramblings?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here