Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket Office this morning - What a Joke

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I was mostly having a pop at Mr Burns. He seems to be a bit of a tool. I have no beef with you, I apologise of that seemed to be the case.
Fair enough, it DID seem such a random reply!
So then i would assume you would therefore be willing to accept that you may have to wait a while to be able to order your tickets by phone, givien that it was going to be a late order

Actually ....... no I wouldn't accept it! It would still piss me off being in a phone queue knowing that I was depending upon the efficiency of human operators to process the calls. And don't forget it's not just Yeovil tickets on sale, people will also be ringing up for Peterborough tickets and maybe (I don't know) for other matches as well - to say nothing of the people just ringing up with ticket enquiries.

However because I know through experience that the phone ticket system can be a bit frustrating and that the on-line system is a bit cumbersome I don't use them. Instead I walk into town and buy tickets at the shop; no relying on the postal service and none of that queueing at Withdean where they flick through a load of envelopes to find your ticket!

But no, I wouldn't start a thread on it. However Mr Burns has my sympathy.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
2 calls in 15 minutes leaving you 8th in queue. And you reackon it'll take 10 minutes to go through the other 8? What do you base this on, or are you totally guessing.

And you call me a putz. What a ****

I base this on my own experiences of waiting on a phone line and also from having worked in a call centre in my dim and distant past.

I'd prefer you have my post 5 stars, but I can live with 4 :lolol:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Earlier in the thread you said the extra tickets were for people abraod - here's a useful tip, the internet works from abroad to, it's not just a UK thing :thumbsup: - so again, why couldn't they buy it themselves?

The thread you are going on about having to wait to book tickets by phone because you are unable to book extra tickets online - has this recently changed to prevent you as a STH from buying extra tickets? - No, the current system has been in place a while, and it definitely hasn't changed just because you sudenly require a couple of tickets and therefore to spite you.

So as the system for ordering has been in place so long, why only complain about it when you needed it to do something for you? Why not try and get something done about it long before a situation like this arose?

Your just attention seeking, just because you think everything in the world should be achieved instantly, and are unprepared to show any patience from time to time. If you wanted it to work differently, you would have raised this a long time ago, rather than last minute. (see a recurring theme here?)

You should accept that if you choose to phone in the morning following a big win, and at a time when it is highly likely a lot of others will be trying, that you will have to wait. Especially when there are quicker alternatives (online booking) available to anyone booking, why should the club increase their overheads for someone who may not be needed, especially when running at a loss?

Anyway, back to my colouring in. Wow - it's an aeroplane!! Cool
You haven't got a clue have you.

You invite someone to watch your local team, and then tell them to go online to register and buy the tickets themselves. What world do you live in? Do you think people haven't more important things to do as they travel aroundd the globe? Why is if left so late, because we are planning things to do, and the football is something they weren't sure about. Not everyone plans their lives around football.

Why would the club need to increase overheads? All they need to do, is sort out the issue of a member not being able to purchase online the same as they can in the shop, or train other current staff, to be able to man the phones at peak times.

If it was the Cup game against Villa, and tickets went on sale on Monday, then you fully expect to sit in a queue for hours if you have to phone for the tickets. But when there is only a few hundred tickets for a game agaionst Yeovil, then a potential wait of an hour is taking the piss, and people won't wait. You may have nothing else in your life to do, but I bet most have.

Why haven't I brought it up before... because I usually go into the shop to buy them, and have never had an issue buying whatever amount I wanted, so in this day and age of the internet, I presumed like any other business that pushes people in the direction of the web, that you would be able to do at least the same online as you can instore. But as I have found out, obviosuly football doesn't work like that, and as somone else pointed out, the ticket office calls have gone from 70 to 200plus a day with no extra staff, so yes, I would say its a problem.

I very sorry that someone dares says something against the club, but when a system is blantently crap, then somethings needs to be said.

The Ablion survives by selling tickets, and if it can't handle a few hundred spare tickets at Withdean what chance have they got at Falmer.

And I don't buy into this crap that they'll have more staff at Falmer. They will have a couple, but it will still be as few as they can get away with, so surely the thing to do would be to make the online system, the same as or better than the in person system. Or are we still living in the last century?

Now back to your aeroplane. I bet its the wright brothers one. Anything else would be far too upto date and modern for you to cope with:sick:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
But as someone says, people have a life.

So I get friends who are in teh UK for a few weeks, to take the time and hassle to register to get tickets? Maybe when they go to attractions in London they should register to go to the LOndon Dungeon? Maybe they should register and pre-book their cabs abd train before they come here.

Don' talk bollocks. The bottom line is, anyone whose brought a ticket in teh last 13 years, can walk into the shop and buy any tickets they want. It should be the same online.

Those events are unlikely to have had council imposed restrictions on them designed to prevent people turning up on the day and buying a ticket on the gate. We have had restrictions imposed on us as a part of the conditions of being able to use Withdean as our home ground all these years - It was not down to the club deciding it was their preferred method of selling tickets like this.

As you are talking about tourist attractions, there are plently of events out there where you have to buy in advance to get tickets, this may also require waiting in a queue if ordering by phone.

People pre-order things like train tickets and cabs (for example, if going on holiday and are going to an airport or even away matches) they don't necessarily leave it late to do so, phone at a peak time and then complain on a message board that they were made to wait.

Hundreds of companies have queuing systems on their phone lines, i have often had to wait in a queue when calling various companies for whatever reason, It's a part of life that sometimes you have to wait for something you want or have to do.

Or is your life so action packed that you can't wait a few more minutes to be served? - what if you were queueing in a shop and there were several people in front of you, would you come on here and demand that they change everything to make sure you don't have to queue in future (even if they had a way of ordering from them online that could have been used instead)

I still don't see why they were unable to spend a couple of minutes setting up and booking tickets themselves online if they were really that bothered with going, or to save you from having to phone to book.

You could easily have got the tickets in the time you spent moaning on here yesterday about being made to wait.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I base this on my own experiences of waiting on a phone line and also from having worked in a call centre in my dim and distant past.

I'd prefer you have my post 5 stars, but I can live with 4 :lolol:
Oh goodie. Maybe then a suggestion of instead of saying your at 10th or 9th in queue for 15 minutes, maybe they should say your call will be answered in approx XX minutes if they get through calls like that. Or maybe they dont get through calls like that, so they leave the message on people in queue. Because when you move up two places in 15 minutes, it does feel like there is noone taking calls, and that people in front of you are pissed off with waiting and hung up.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal

You invite someone to watch your local team, and then tell them to go online to register and buy the tickets themselves. What world do you live in? Do you think people haven't more important things to do as they travel aroundd the globe? Why is if left so late, because we are planning things to do, and the football is something they weren't sure about. Not everyone plans their lives around football.

Why would the club need to increase overheads? All they need to do, is sort out the issue of a member not being able to purchase online the same as they can in the shop, or train other current staff, to be able to man the phones at peak times.

If it was the Cup game against Villa, and tickets went on sale on Monday, then you fully expect to sit in a queue for hours if you have to phone for the tickets. But when there is only a few hundred tickets for a game agaionst Yeovil, then a potential wait of an hour is taking the piss, and people won't wait. You may have nothing else in your life to do, but I bet most have.

Why haven't I brought it up before... because I usually go into the shop to buy them, and have never had an issue buying whatever amount I wanted, so in this day and age of the internet, I presumed like any other business that pushes people in the direction of the web, that you would be able to do at least the same online as you can instore. But as I have found out, obviosuly football doesn't work like that, and as somone else pointed out, the ticket office calls have gone from 70 to 200plus a day with no extra staff, so yes, I would say its a problem.

I very sorry that someone dares says something against the club, but when a system is blantently crap, then somethings needs to be said.

The Ablion survives by selling tickets, and if it can't handle a few hundred spare tickets at Withdean what chance have they got at Falmer.

And I don't buy into this crap that they'll have more staff at Falmer. They will have a couple, but it will still be as few as they can get away with, so surely the thing to do would be to make the online system, the same as or better than the in person system. Or are we still living in the last century?

Now back to your aeroplane. I bet its the wright brothers one. Anything else would be far too upto date and modern for you to cope with:sick:

You were in the queue for 15 minutes, not hours.

buy them on-line... oh no, you couldn't be bothered to sort that out, but that is still the clubs fault.

You called at a time that was bound to be busy, still the clubs fault.

You are in impatient tool, yep, clubs fault.

you have left it late to get the tickets, again, clubs fault.

I liked it better when we blamed Codner for everything.

Last edited:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Those events are unlikely to have had council imposed restrictions on them designed to prevent people turning up on the day and buying a ticket on the gate. We have had restrictions imposed on us as a part of the conditions of being able to use Withdean as our home ground all these years - It was not down to the club deciding it was their preferred method of selling tickets like this.

As you are talking about tourist attractions, there are plently of events out there where you have to buy in advance to get tickets, this may also require waiting in a queue if ordering by phone.

People pre-order things like train tickets and cabs (for example, if going on holiday and are going to an airport or even away matches) they don't necessarily leave it late to do so, phone at a peak time and then complain on a message board that they were made to wait.

Hundreds of companies have queuing systems on their phone lines, i have often had to wait in a queue when calling various companies for whatever reason, It's a part of life that sometimes you have to wait for something you want or have to do.

Or is your life so action packed that you can't wait a few more minutes to be served? - what if you were queueing in a shop and there were several people in front of you, would you come on here and demand that they change everything to make sure you don't have to queue in future (even if they had a way of ordering from them online that could have been used instead)

I still don't see why they were unable to spend a couple of minutes setting up and booking tickets themselves online if they were really that bothered with going, or to save you from having to phone to book.

You could easily have got the tickets in the time you spent moaning on here yesterday about being made to wait.
Your holidays must be really fun, if you plan everything down to the cabs are town before you leave!!

I'd have no problem queueing on the phone for a few minutes. I have a problem queuing on the phone for an hour though, when you should be able to buy online.

So you think in this day and age, its fine for a member to walk in off the street and buy whatever he wanted in person, but the same member cannot buy an extra ticket online?

Don't think its a concern, that a Palace fan could go online and set up Micky Mouse and DOnald Duck and the rest of the gang as members, and buy extra tickets where ever they wanted , but a member registered for over 10 years, who buys regullary from the club, cannot buy one extra ticket per exisiting ticket online?

That's a good modern system is it?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
You were in the queue for 15 minutes, not hours.

buy them on-line... oh no, you couldn't be bothered to sort that out, but that is still the clubs fault.

You called at a time that was bound to be busy, still the clubs fault.

You are in impatient tool, yep, clubs fault.

you have left it late to get the tickets, again, clubs fault.

I liked it better when we blamed Codner for everything.
Are you really that thick!

How many times you have to read it. I WAS in the queue 15 minutes, and moved 2 places. 2 places in 15 minutes, suggest 8 places in 60 minutes. You see how I did the maths there?

By them online!!! I'd love too prick!

You do have a problem dont you, responding to what people actually say

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Genuine question, Mr Burns.

Could you have been doing something else while on hold on the phone? When I call up for tickets I am at work, and I'll put my phone on headphones so I can keep one ear on where I am in the queue while carrying on with my work.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Are you really that thick!

How many times you have to read it. I WAS in the queue 15 minutes, and moved 2 places. 2 places in 15 minutes, suggest 8 places in 60 minutes. You see how I did the maths there?

By them online!!! I'd love too prick!

You do have a problem dont you, responding to what people actually say

if you're going to accuse someone of being thick you really need to make sure your spelling and grammar is top notch. I can't take you seriously anymore. Good luck with your current and future ticketing exploits - Peace out.

tool-box.jpg

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

So because the game is looking likely to sell out, the club should be employing someone extra to answer the phone and sell tickets to fans to save them from waiting, that increases overheads as that would cost extra in wages, would it not? Why do this if you are likely to get the same income from ticket sales as you would do without the extra person employed? what do you use them for in the quite periods, or should the club have a crystal ball and be able to anticipate when there is likely to be extra demand.

Couldn't you just try again later, there were 660 tickets left Sunday night, do you think they will sell out that quickly, or do you think you could have tried again later when the initial rush had died down?

But others would have presumedly been in a similar position in the past when it came to ordering extra tickets? did they feel the need to come on here and moan?

Have you written or e-mailed the club about your experience, and asked them whether this could be improved? Maybe you have phoned their main office and told them about your 'ordeal' or did you try using the ask the club facility on here to get your point across? - Don't you think that might be a far more effective way of bringing it to the clubs attention and hopefully getting something done about it to improve it for you and others in the future?

Or didn't you think of that with your busy life, and therefore thought the best way of dealing with it is to stamp your feet and moan to everyone else looking for sympathy and attention.

Anyway I've finished the aeroplane, i'm now colouring in a moo cow

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Genuine question, Mr Burns.

Could you have been doing something else while on hold on the phone? When I call up for tickets I am at work, and I'll put my phone on headphones so I can keep one ear on where I am in the queue while carrying on with my work.
No. Totally the opposite actually mate.

I run my own business, and Monday mornings are usually spent on the phone to suppliers and the like tieing up deals. So I can sit and type to my hearts content, but obviously can't have the phone tied up for an hour!

As I said to the others, I could except it if it were a major game, but not a run of the mil league match. It's poor business from the club, and as speaking as someone who without the internet would be living in a cardboard box, it's completely unnessercary.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
No. Totally the opposite actually mate.

I run my own business, and Monday mornings are usually spent on the phone to suppliers and the like tieing up deals. So I can sit and type to my hearts content, but obviously can't have the phone tied up for an hour!

As I said to the others, I could except it if it were a major game, but not a run of the mil league match. It's poor business from the club, and as speaking as someone who without the internet would be living in a cardboard box, it's completely unnessercary.

I'm sorry, I was going to leave it, but what you're saying is you phoned the club at what is likely to be a busy time for them, but also a busy time for you too? Why don't you employ someone else to make the calls to suppliers for you?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't know if it's been mentioned but the issue isn't (just) about not having enough people to answer the phone. It's about how many computers they have. They could have ten people there to answer the phone, but you'd still have to wait for the other 8 to use the computers in the shop before they can serve you.

The shop is limited by space as to how many computers they can fit in, as I understand it, there will be more space when Falmer opens = more computers = faster service.

Of course queues will not move at a constant speed. Some people will want 2 tickets for yeovil 3 for peterborough, wait, no three for yeovil, 4 for peterborough. No, Sorry, 5 for Peterborough, and 3 for Yeovil. Where else can we sit? Have you got anything more central? Further back? Causing confusion, and the need to start the ordering process again and again.

The next guy wants one ticket to Yeovil, doesn't care where. In and out.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
if you're going to accuse someone of being thick you really need to make sure your spelling and grammar is top notch. I can't take you seriously anymore. Good luck with your current and future ticketing exploits - Peace out.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

After repeating themseleves time and time again, I love it when you directly ask questions and the the other poster pulls out the spelling and grammer line!! Especially when they start their post an forget a CAPTIAL letter, and maybe a comma after the word thick?

WHAT A TWAT:facepalm::tosser:

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

After repeating themseleves time and time again, I love it when you directly ask questions and the the other poster pulls out the spelling and grammer line!! Especially when they start their post an forget a CAPTIAL letter, and maybe a comma after the word thick?

WHAT A TWAT:facepalm::tosser:

I am multi-tasking.

(I noticed my error after submitting it and cringed with shame!!!)

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So, can we just be clear - did you try the prescribed and simple option of registering these Johnny Foreigner newbs and then ordered their tickets as 'friends and family'? Or are you still ignoring that reasonable approach, preferring to bang your "I couldn't buy online" drum?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here